Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Best. Day. Ever.

Woke up at 11 am this morning, which was pretty late cause I was kinda late to a friend's birthday. I skipped breakfast and rushed to the place. At about 2 pm, I had a slice of cake and chugged 3 beers. I left the place 3 hours later with an instant migraine attack (yeah, I also have migraine) and had to rush MYSELF into a hospital to get a Novalgine shot. Thank god the doctors were nice enough to ignore my expired health insurance.

Wait, it gets better. Here I am, miles away from home with abso-fucking-lutely no money with me. I walked for a while and again, luckily, a bus driver gave me a free ride to a bus stop near my house.

My head and stomach are still killing me.

Just needed to get this freakishly horrible day out of my chest and please excuse the grammatical errors.

^ Thank you, kind sir. I am feeling better, actually. Novalgine is a wondrous drug.

Very cool - my mom used to take that for her migraines.

My life is very weird: I went to see Watain last night...and left early to get a good night's sleep, because I was helping with my church's morning service this morning! :saint: Pity I missed them, apparently they put on one hell of a show. But I'm also glad I don't have to try to wash out rancid pig's blood out of any of my clothes.

(I did stay for Goatwhore, who were excellent. And the local bands were good too, including my friends' band Irony, who played their last show ever.)

I'm feeling like shit today, really really depressed. I think I've finally understood that I broke up with my girl, and I'm really starting to miss her. I hate those moments in which I'm on the bus doing nothing because I think of her. Even if I get distracted, how will I survive the vacations? Lots of free time to get depressed.

I'm thinking of visiting her in a couple of weeks (once I know she's finished the semester), I need to give back a couple of Wii games and Cien años de soledad. And I need to get a journal and my Kalevala.

Ahhhhh bollocks, not nice, not nice.

Above all, I recently lost (in the sense of we-are-barely-talking-to-each-other-any-more) one of my best friends, the one whom I've known since kindergarten. And one of my other best friends is becoming quite obnoxious because he's hanging out with another guy, so he's been quite distant. I do have other friends, but this doesn't help. At all. At all fucking all.

Yes, and it doesn't help that I've a huge test on Friday on theories of translation, and that every bloody text has a comment about love or sexual relationships or translation = hymen comparison. It doesn't help. I'm trying to focus on the text, but all the damn talk about sex and love is deeply affecting me.

So apparently Ulver is touring Europe again in March/April 2011! :) I'm probably gonna see them again, it's just that I've never heard of that venue they're playing at before... And I really hope they won't play hippie rock that was supposed to be their new album.

So apparently Ulver is touring Europe again in March/April 2011! :) I'm probably gonna see them again, it's just that I've never heard of that venue they're playing at before... And I really hope they won't play hippie rock that was supposed to be their new album.

I guess this is great news for you! :) They haven't released any new tracks, have they? Hahaha hippie rock hahaha.

It's snowing in Seattle.

Seattle, consequently, is shitting the bed, and the city is shutting down.

We don't do 'snow' well.

EDIT: We REALLY don't do 'snow' well, but now we have a reason - in the past couple hours, the snow itself has increased, the temperature has dropped, and the wind has picked up as well. In fact, it's now blowing horizontally in front of my window. I did my two crucial errands of the week today, and got some emergency food supplies (lentil soup and granola) in case we lose power. Sometimes living next to a forest has its disadvantages. My in person job interview for tomorrow also got postponed until next week, for which I'm thankful. I have enough food and tea and books to read/things to do to occupy myself if I can't leave for the next few days or so.

Only thing that concerns me is that I have an XML computer class tomorrow; i don't know if it's cancelled or not. I sent an email to the center; hopefully they'll reply back.

I got some pics; I'll put them up in a bit.

My current yay - the weather's been cold enough that I'm doing more of the freezing painting thing with my watercolors. I got some new paper a couple of weeks ago, a block of hot press, and it shows up the crystal patterns in the paints really well. I am pleased! (Now I just want my current paintings to dry so I can take them off the block and set out some more this evening!)