Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

i see that everywhere it works the same, i don't know if to have my spirit lifted or not :bah:
if you pay for an exam or something you will have it booked for the next day, if you wait for the free public exams/visits you have to wait months.
i had some problems with my knee this summer. it hurted for more than one month, i took soft painkillers and heavier ones but nothing worked.
at the end i called to have a magnetic resonance, and i had my appointment booked for the end of november. i thought "whaaaat?" i could die if i had something really serious...
i have the fortune to know someone who works in the hospital, so i get my appointment for the week after, without passing through the call-center, but paying the normal price of the public service (which isn't free for some kind of exams, but still have human rates, you pay something like 40 euro for the resonance using the public service and 300 euro as a private!!!! o_O) but if it wasn't like that i would be still here waiting for the exam, considering that it's the beginning of november right now :cry:

The thing is that the public one would take a lot of time here, so I prefer to go to a private one. 300€ is a lot, my mom has (had?) to pay similar fees for her Cancer treatment (it's a very rare Cancer, GIST).

Thank you! Well, i haven´t really had the urge of postning before, since i usually dont have anything important to say. But in times of depression, concrete protips are hard to come by so i felt obligated. : >

So you're a psychiatrist? Don't worry, we normally have random talks about anything but Vintersorg hahaha(LeFay and I are the OFFICIAL Off-Topicers –invented a term right there!–), so you're welcome to stay.

My health insurance covers psychiatric visits. I needed a few earlier in the year for sleep issues.

And I run as a form of meditation (the more I run, the better). I lift a little too, but I find that more work-like that meditation.

I've a lot of problem sleeping, too. But I think it's more because of the noise people make here than psych problems. Although I usually dream some really weird shit. Ah I feel that I should go to a psychiatrist, not a psychologist. I've got the first appointment on Thursday, let's see how it goes.

The thing is that the public one would take a lot of time here, so I prefer to go to a private one. 300€ is a lot, my mom has (had?) to pay similar fees for her Cancer treatment (it's a very rare Cancer, GIST)

i know that's a lot of money, that's why i was happy when i've managed to have a nearly-free visit. and it was only a knee resonance, if i had to do a resonance to a bigger part of my body, like the entire vertebral column, i had to pay a doubled price, 600 euro :yell:

So you're a psychiatrist? Don't worry, we normally have random talks about anything but Vintersorg hahaha(LeFay and I are the OFFICIAL Off-Topicers –invented a term right there!–), so you're welcome to stay.

don't want to ruin your dreams but to go to a psychiatrist isn't a walk, you really must have big problems to take a such decision, if not i wouldn't go there, at least i would go to a psychologist. psychiatrist tend to cure with medicines more than with talk, and you may need to talk, not to be pumped with drugs. but that's my point of view.
i suspect that psychiatrists sometimes worsen the situation.

don't want to ruin your dreams but to go to a psychiatrist isn't a walk, you really must have big problems to take a such decision, if not i wouldn't go there, at least i would go to a psychologist. psychiatrist tend to cure with medicines more than with talk, and you may need to talk, not to be pumped with drugs. but that's my point of view.

Completely agree on that! I've seen (two) people go to psychiatrists; they end up talking a lot of pills and finish much, much worse than before. I'll got the psychologist first, let's see how it goes.

Haha, no i´m seventeen. : D
Ive been a passive lurker for some time now and i have figured out how things work around here.

I'm going to the psychiatrist to get pumped up on drugs. I have depression and ADHD, and believe me - the 'nonpill' options just don't work for me. So I'm heading back for a different stimulant to see if that works - Adderall wasn't that hot for me.

I'm going to the psychiatrist to get pumped up on drugs. I have depression and ADHD, and believe me - the 'nonpill' options just don't work for me. So I'm heading back for a different stimulant to see if that works - Adderall wasn't that hot for me.

wait...i'm not saying that psychiatrists are unuseful at all, i'm just saying "pay attention".
it looks like it's a sort of fashion now. everybody goes to the psychiatrist because it's cool and because they're just a bit undertone...those medicines heavy influence personality and can operate deep changes which are not reversible (and let's not speak about the addiction effect)
there are pathologies that MUST be cured with drugs, but NOT EVERYTHING!
and at the same time, mind's connections are so complex that sometimes drugs don't work, or the doctors aren't able to find the proper cure. that's why i'm a little bit negative about this matter.

just to lighten the discussion a little bit.
i need to cut my hair.
i totally lost the control over them!
i cutted them 6 months ago and they have grown 8 cms in the meanwhile, which is pretty much considering their lenght (i've beaten my personal lenght record!!!)
i started to let them grow when i saw one old andreas photo with his long streaming mantel, i tought "cool! i want them too!" i have a similar colour of hair (similar to the one he had in some photos from wacken, i've always wondered if had dyed them sometimes because they look of different colours from photo to photo) maybe a little bit lighter, and i knew they would look as nice as them when i reached a certain lenght. and so they are. but now i think the pupil has surpassed the master :lol:

Not being able to delete my old (ancient, even) posts really grinds my gears. My past is haunting me and I'm not really proud of it. The good news is, I just finished composing 2 new songs with my band and as for the moment, they sound quite alright.

And I just noticed the recent level of seriousness in this topic and felt weird about this post.

As long as the drugs work, good! :) But no point going to extremes either, and remember you always have the forum for support :). It's certainly helped me hehe.

wait...i'm not saying that psychiatrists are unuseful at all, i'm just saying "pay attention".
it looks like it's a sort of fashion now. everybody goes to the psychiatrist because it's cool and because they're just a bit undertone...those medicines heavy influence personality and can operate deep changes which are not reversible (and let's not speak about the addiction effect)
there are pathologies that MUST be cured with drugs, but NOT EVERYTHING!
and at the same time, mind's connections are so complex that sometimes drugs don't work, or the doctors aren't able to find the proper cure. that's why i'm a little bit negative about this matter.

Nobody said psychiatrists are unuseful, relax :p . Indeed, sometimes you'll need drugs that may or may not help you, other times you don't.

I believe the proper cure is Vintersorg.

Hehe Lefay you're a bad influence.

just to lighten the discussion a little bit.
i need to cut my hair.
i totally lost the control over them!
i cutted them 6 months ago and they have grown 8 cms in the meanwhile, which is pretty much considering their lenght (i've beaten my personal lenght record!!!)
i started to let them grow when i saw one old andreas photo with his long streaming mantel, i tought "cool! i want them too!" i have a similar colour of hair (similar to the one he had in some photos from wacken, i've always wondered if had dyed them sometimes because they look of different colours from photo to photo) maybe a little bit lighter, and i knew they would look as nice as them when i reached a certain lenght. and so they are. but now i think the pupil has surpassed the master :lol:

Oh wow it's even longer?!? Damn might as well try to break the world record! Now that you mention it I need to go trim mine, haven't done so in a while. I should've gone today, oh well maybe Monday.

Not being able to delete my old (ancient, even) posts really grinds my gears. My past is haunting me and I'm not really proud of it. The good news is, I just finished composing 2 new songs with my band and as for the moment, they sound quite alright.

And I just noticed the recent level of seriousness in this topic and felt weird about this post.

Believe me, I'm not proud of some posts I wrote with me other account. I asked THE mod (Metal ages?) to delete my account, but he said he won't do it. I should ask a mod to delete some of the posts, or maybe I should just become one hahaha. Well this forum doesn't have one…hmmm….

Believe me, I'm not proud of some posts I wrote with me other account. I asked THE mod (Metal ages?) to delete my account, but he said he won't do it. I should ask a mod to delete some of the posts, or maybe I should just become one hahaha. Well this forum doesn't have one…hmmm….

You mean I'm stuck with this 17-year-old crap forever? Bugger.

Defionus, Rex Vintersorgeorum then? I'll gladly be a reference for your mod application. :p I only know you for like 2 minutes, but I can tell you are a gentleman and a scholar, kind sir.

OK, I should get some sleep.

You mean I'm stuck with this 17-year-old crap forever? Bugger.

Defionus, Rex Vintersorgeorum then? I'll gladly be a reference for your mod application. :p I only know you for like 2 minutes, but I can tell you are a gentleman and a scholar, kind sir.

OK, I should get some sleep.

Yeah, adolescence always comes to get you. It's hard to escape from its clutches.

Hahaha Rex Vintersorgeorum hahaha :lol:. But true, he is the rex. That sound's so weird, made me think of a T-Rex with Andreas' face…. Thank you sir, means a lot, really.

Nobody said psychiatrists are unuseful, relax :p . Indeed, sometimes you'll need drugs that may or may not help you, other times you don't.

I believe the proper cure is Vintersorg.

Hehe Lefay you're a bad influence.

you didn't say that, i only feared that qu appelle understood in a wrong way my previous post.

why do i have a bad influence? about what? :confused::p

Oh wow it's even longer?!? Damn might as well try to break the world record! Now that you mention it I need to go trim mine, haven't done so in a while. I should've gone today, oh well maybe Monday.

no the world record is something like 2 metres and 20.
let's say that i've 1 metre less.
holy shit, i've always problems to use the word hair. is it singular, right?
i have great problems to remember that everytime i have to use a pronoum, i have the impulse to use "them" and not "it"; the singular pronoum sounds really weird to my ears because hair is plural in italian. "capelli" they are many, not only one "capello"

:yow: :OMG:

Sorry about this clever post.... hahehehe, but it seems incredible!!

ahaha take a look at this girl :p

so2.jpg

so4.jpg

really i don't want to reach this lenght. they enought problematic right now. i think i'll keep this lenght for a while.
it wasn't my idea at first to have it so long as i have now, i just wanted to grow them a little bit but i had no idea where to stop. then in your mind, without being aware for the first times, it becomes a sort of challenge, between you and your hair. who's gonna give up for first??? :lol:

anyway i'm gonna cut them if they start to get ruined or something. i don't wanna have splitted ends or straw-like hair. but for now they look quite healthy and shiny.

you didn't say that, i only feared that qu appelle understood in a wrong way my previous post.

why do i have a bad influence? about what? :confused::p

No, it's cool.

I've been dealing with depression and ADHD for a significant chunk of my life, and really the only thing that works for me is drugs. Most of the alternatives I've tried, and they don't really help, with the great exception of sunlight. So tomorrow I'm probably getting a pharmaceutical-grade sunbox and some stimulants.

so2.jpg

so4.jpg

That's long - but she has nothing on Robban Becirovic - he's the chief editor of Close-Up which is Sweden's longest running metal magazine. Do an image search on google or something.
I can't seem to find any large pictures of him though.
robban_becirovic_i3767.jpg

really i don't want to reach this lenght. they enought problematic right now. i think i'll keep this lenght for a while.
it wasn't my idea at first to have it so long as i have now, i just wanted to grow them a little bit but i had no idea where to stop. then in your mind, without being aware for the first times, it becomes a sort of challenge, between you and your hair. who's gonna give up for first??? :lol:

anyway i'm gonna cut them if they start to get ruined or something. i don't wanna have splitted ends or straw-like hair. but for now they look quite healthy and shiny.

Wow, so long!! hahahaha. Beautiful, but unconfortable!!!

Who will win?? On the left corner, Lefay, on the right corner, her hair!! :popcorn:

That's long - but she has nothing on Robban Becirovic - he's the chief editor of Close-Up which is Sweden's longest running metal magazine. Do an image search on google or something.
I can't seem to find any large pictures of him though.
robban_becirovic_i3767.jpg

i've read on her website that she has reached 2m and 79 cms of hair (sorry shankao, it seems the world record is even longer)....and that's a lot of hair!!!! that photo is problably older or of a period when she has them shorter.
i've seen some photos of her where her hairs are taller than she is and they reach the ground!!!! :yow:

he has very long hair but keep in mind that rasta-hairs are easier to grow.
they need no care at all (you have only to create new dreadlocks as the new hair grows). i mean, he has not knots' problem, he doesn't need to cut them once or twice per year, he doesn't need to comb them everyday, he doesn't have to worry about if they look healthy or not because dreadlocks are basically ruined hair and what can he humanly do to ruin them more? only to burn them!!!!

he has very long hair but keep in mind that rasta-hairs are easier to grow.
they need no care at all (you have only to create new dreadlocks as the new hair grows). i mean, he has not knots' problem, he doesn't need to cut them once or twice per year, he doesn't need to comb them everyday, he doesn't have to worry about if they look healthy or not because dreadlocks are basically ruined hair and what can he humanly do to ruin them more? only to burn them!!!!

That's true - but generally you loose quite a lot of the hair's length once you do dreads. I know, because when I was an imbecile (read: youth) I did dreadlocks and I lost almost half the length in the process.
Hmm, it shouldn't be impossible to find an actual photo of the world's longest hair, don't you think?
I will do a search now and see what I can find.

EDIT:
Haha, this is quite f-cked up! :D

Last edited by a moderator: