Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Tired joke, but I have to admit I laughed.. .hehehe

So, I change my avatar to demonstrate that I am not bald yet :lol:

And that you can put me face :)

I thought your hairline would be way higher up. You're not even close to dangerous yet. Hang in there!;)
Dangerous is Nergal of Behemoth and Kirk Hammett (ex-Exodus)

BTW, I've always wanted to write ex-Exodus and now I just did. Wohoo! :Smokin:

Well, I just found a new job, starting tomorrow! ^^

@Kazaum: I'm still quite shocked when I look myself in a mirror...

Yay - congrats! What are you doing?

I'm on the job hunt myself, and I recently got a haircut. But, just up to my shoulders . A lot easier to take care of, and I got a few inches of split ends cut off.

congratulations allfader!!!!

yesterday i went to "lucca comics and games". it's one of the bigger, if not the biggest of all, italian manifestation/exhibition/fair about everything connected with roleplay, manga, comics, board games, films, playstation games, celtic and medieval stuff and clothing, miniatures, card games, ect etc.
it's a sort of El Doraro for those who have a passion in those things.
i'm going again this monday, which will be the last day of the fair, today and sunday there will be a total mess so i'm going to stay at home, like you know, you need to stay in line for hours to buy tickets, to see stands, to move among people in the streets, no parking at all, and madnesses like that. the city totally goes highwire. o_O
it's very funny because it looks like carnival has come into town.
you see a lot of people dressed in the strangest ways walking in the streets up and down...

this is more or less what you can find walking the streets (photos taken from random sites)
2007luccasab036km5.jpg

lucca_07.jpg

IMGP2697.JPG

lazona-luccacomics.jpg

R2D2_ICO_310.jpg

Thanx everyone!

:O! Awesome cosplay!! - yesterday I went to our version of Oktoberfest (beerfest). I tasted like 100 different craftmade beers!!! 'twas insane!!!

It lasts 10 days; I hope to go again tomorrow and the last day, when the beer is cheaper.

Isn't that supposed to be at the beginning of October? I went to a fraternity's version of the festival, and drank 6 pints (Heineken) :)

Would any German like to tell me how this is approached when dubbing into German?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMKWnbs7nx0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Do you get what I mean? In the dubbed German version, they would already be speaking German, and therefore, naturally, she can't make any language transition. Thus, her impression of a 'German milkmaid' would simply consist of her saying some milkmaid-stuff and not referring at all to anything German, creating some kind of awkward meta lapse in the universe of the show.

*edit*

Woah, I didn't even watch the second part before I made this post, and now it gets even stranger. What exactly, in the German version, does this guy want the girl to translate? I mean, he's already speaking German..

^ As a translator/interpreter/professor/etc., I would've translated that part into another language that sounds foreign to Germans, but that is still recognisable; i.e., I would have dubbed it into French. In this one the joke of the original ("them characters" speaking in German) is kept, but I would've done further localisation and translated it into French. And so change the name of Herr Müller into Monseiur Emil.

:lol: Scrubs's is pure genius, really.

nah, too many random unrelated stupid jokes, à la Family Guy, in my opinion. Lots of people seem to love that though.
In other news, I just placed my pre-order for the 2xLP gatefold of Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst, due out on November 15 :)

That song is kinda weird, and the other samples are very (criminally!) short, but I like what I'm hearing so far, guess it's going to grow a lot more when I get my hands on the real thing. And I really hope it comes with English translations, I have no idea what they're saying but as we're used to from Solefald, the lyrics alone are a masterpiece of art.

nah, too many random unrelated stupid jokes, à la Family Guy, in my opinion. Lots of people seem to love that though.
In other news, I just placed my pre-order for the 2xLP gatefold of Solefald - Norrøn Livskunst, due out on November 15 :)

Where did you get them? Nuclear DE? I'm just wondering if Solefald itself will release the album signed or something like that.

On other news, Colorado was great and I'm back in CR.

And besides that, I think that my girlfriend is going to break up with me tomorrow. There goes a five-year relationship.

And besides that, I just got fired from my job.

I feel weird.

oh i'm so sorry.
is she still angry for the quarrel you had at the concert?

Where did you get them? Nuclear DE? I'm just wondering if Solefald itself will release the album signed or something like that.

dis-order, a Dutch mailorder (for the Displeased Records label, but they also distribute stuff from lots of other labels).
I don't think there will be a unique version by the band, if there would have been, they'd probably have announced it before making the pre-orders available. At least, that's what I hope...
Take it easy and try to keep your head cool!

^ Damn!! Bad monday Defiance!! :mad:

Cheer up Bro!!

oh i'm so sorry.
is she still angry for the quarrel you had at the concert?

dis-order, a Dutch mailorder (for the Displeased Records label, but they also distribute stuff from lots of other labels).
I don't think there will be a unique version by the band, if there would have been, they'd probably have announced it before making the pre-orders available. At least, that's what I hope...
Take it easy and try to keep your head cool!

It wasn't even today, she called me yesterday and I now feel quite miserable. Luckily I was at a friend's house, if not I would've done something stupid. Die Polizei even got there, which was kind of funny hehe. Ohhh not niiiiceeeee.

It wasn't even today, she called me yesterday and I now feel quite miserable. Luckily I was at a friend's house, if not I would've done something stupid. Die Polizei even got there, which was kind of funny hehe. Ohhh not niiiiceeeee.
ending a 5 year relationship on the phone??? that's pretty callous!! :eek::( i can't believe some girls can be so cruel... *hugs*