Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Sigurðr;9590771 said:
thks for your answer too, defiance answered in the learning swedish topic, but with yours and hes answer now i can understand better :p woah you are from puerto rico? I thought you are from canada

I'm in Puerto Rico right now, in fact. I live in upstate New York. I grew up between Puerto Rico and Florida. I've known a lot of South Americans because I've spent the last 11 years of my life in universities or in Florida /PR. I haven't traveled extensively in South America like Mr. Defiance, which is another reason I assumed he'd have a better answer.

I know my American accents real well, though. ;)

Mind if I ask which? I'm on a lot of pills for medical, not psychiatric reasons, but a few of them are used for psychiatric reasons also. If you're new to them, I might have some advice regarding how to take them (as in, what foods make 'em come down nice, whether or not you can booze with them, and how much, etc).

It's called Neurosenexin (venlafaxina) 75mg. But this was very funny and quite dangerous: My doctor said "take one before or after breakfast, and one 1 hour before you go sleep". This was the second day, and I was really feeling terrible, and was even quite high at times (cheaper than weed, not the same thing. I don't like this "high" :( ). My pupils are still quite dilated (mydriasis), so I get quite high at times.
I've never taken such strong pills, but they do work; I haven't feel depressed in two days! I could even talk about my ex without crying :p, magic, pure magic.
But I'm glad I didn't have an overdose, 'twas quite dangerous.
I have never travelled to South America, sadly enough. I plan to visit Chile some year, maybe next. This year I'll probably go to either Canada (depending on certain "love" issues) or Europe.

If I go to Europe I'd love to meet all of you European users, it'd be great to have a Mr V forum reunion in… Skellefteå! With Andreas! :)

If I go to Europe I'd love to meet all of you European users, it'd be great to have a Mr V forum reunion in… Skellefteå! With Andreas! :)
cool cool cool!! :hotjump: me like!

about the pills, i think any pills that mess up with your head are bad... they're usually fixing one thing and breaking the other... I was taking pills some years ago when i was heavily depressed and suicidal, although those were different ones than you mentioned. After a few weeks i ended up becoming manic instead.

Mania is generally characterized by a distinct period of an elevated mood, which can take the form of euphoria. People commonly experience an increase in energy and a decreased need for sleep, often waking a few hours before their usual time and, in severe cases, going sleepless for days without feeling tired. [...] Their behavior may become aggressive, intolerant, or intrusive. People may feel out of control or unstoppable, or as if they have been "chosen" and are "on a special mission" or have other grandiose or delusional ideas. Sexual drive may increase.[...] Some people in a manic state experience severe anxiety and are very irritable (to the point of rage), while others are euphoric and grandiose.
I've done some stupid things during that time that i'm not proud of and that i regret pretty much. I sincerely hope that won't be the case with you.

cool cool cool!! :hotjump: me like!

about the pills, i think any pills that mess up with your head are bad... they're usually fixing one thing and breaking the other... I was taking pills some years ago when i was heavily depressed and suicidal, although those were different ones than you mentioned. After a few weeks i ended up becoming manic instead.

I've done some stupid things during that time that i'm not proud of and that i regret pretty much. I sincerely hope that won't be the case with you.

Yeah I know, I've seen, first-hand, severe cases related to depression; it's not nice. I think that the pill is OK for now, but I hope I can stop it in a couple of weeks. I don't really want to have to take a pill in order to be happy. It's OK for now, let's see what happens in the coming sessions.

And yay to the Mr V forum reunion! :)

i'm glad you feel better but i fear you cannot stop those pills in some weeks. i suppose you need a long term treatment. antidepressives work for accumulation, the body starts to feel the real effects after 1 month and because of a certain amount of active principles stored in your body (this is also why you cannot stop them suddently but usually need to decrease the quantity slowly, and even when you have taken the last pill your body will be intossicated for something like 21 days after).
i have taken laroxyl for some time, for some kind of neuropatic/cronic disease, which is an antidepressive too but is oftently used for many other diseases outside the psychiatric field (for example migraine). what can i recommend you is to not drink. anything. or it will mess up with the pills.
and ask your doctor's opinion before taking every other kind of medicine. ask if it will interfere with venlafaxine or you can risk some non-pleasant experience like i did, for example Serotonin syndrome, and believe me, it's worse than the worst-est trips you can try in life!!!!
well...i was unlucky because it's quite rare, but above all, because the idiot of the doctor told me to stop with laroxyl and start a similar drug without waiting the detoxification period. that's why NOW i'm informed about this syndrome.

Serotonin syndromeThe development of a potentially life-threatening serotonin syndrome (also more recently classified as "serotonin toxicity")[35] may occur with venlafaxine treatment, particularly with concomitant use of serotonergic drugs (including but not limited to SSRI and SNRI)s, many hallucinogens such as tryptamines and phenethylamines(LSD/LSA, DMT, MDMA, MDPV, mescaline for example), dextromethorphan(DXM)/dextrorphan(DXO), ********, tapentadol, meperidine/pethidine and triptans) and with drugs that impair metabolism of serotonin (including MAOIs). Serotonin syndrome symptoms may include mental status changes (e.g., agitation, hallucinations, coma), autonomic instability (e.g., tachycardia, labile blood pressure, hyperthermia), neuromuscular aberrations (e.g., hyperreflexia, incoordination) and/or gastrointestinal symptoms (e.g., nausea, vomiting, diarrhea). Venlafaxine-induced serotonin syndrome has also been reported when venlafaxine has been taken in isolation in overdose.[36] An abortive serotonin syndrome state, in which some but not all of the symptoms of the full serotonin syndrome are present, has been reported with venlafaxine at mid-range dosages (150 mg per day)[37] A case of a patient with serotonin syndrome induced by low-dose venlafaxine (37.5 mg per day) has also been reported.[38]

i'm glad you feel better but i fear you cannot stop those pills in some weeks. i suppose you need a long term treatment. antidepressives work for accumulation, the body starts to feel the real effects after 1 month and because of a certain amount of active principles stored in your body (this is also why you cannot stop them suddently but usually need to decrease the quantity slowly, and even when you have taken the last pill your body will be intossicated for something like 21 days after).
i have taken laroxyl for some time, for some kind of neuropatic/cronic disease, which is an antidepressive too but is oftently used for many other diseases outside the psychiatric field (for example migraine). what can i recommend you is to not drink. anything. or it will mess up with the pills.
and ask your doctor's opinion before taking every other kind of medicine. ask if it will interfere with venlafaxine or you can risk some non-pleasant experience like i did, for example Serotonin syndrome, and believe me, it's worse than the worst-est trips you can try in life!!!!
well...i was unlucky because it's quite rare, but above all, because the idiot of the doctor told me to stop with laroxyl and start a similar drug without waiting the detoxification period. that's why NOW i'm informed about this syndrome.

Thanks for the recommendation. It's true I was planning on not taking the pill today, but I shouldn't cut the dose so suddenly and strongly. I still feel the effects of the other ones, it's very interesting. My doctor said I can have "two" beers, so I guess it's fine. I don't drink much, anyhow.

2 beers per day?
seems a little bit too much.
my doctor said no more than one and possibly quite rarely.
once i drank too much and had a strong dose of tachycardia :lol:

2 beers per day?
seems a little bit too much.
my doctor said no more than one and possibly quite rarely.
once i drank too much and had a strong dose of tachycardia :lol:

I second this. Alcohol makes a lot of medication with psychiatric uses malfunction. Also makes the booze unpleasant. You can "safely" drink with valium, for example. But it ruins the relatively benign pleasantness of the calm valium gives you and the alcohol buzz feels extremely gross instead of relaxing. I just don't drink anymore.

Alcohol, as delicious as it is, is worse for you than almost any drug. Don't mix it with pills just because being of age makes it legal. It's quite bad for you as it is, pills + booze fuck you up. My dad is an addict, and his favorite thing is to mix painkillers with beer. We think of it as "just beer," but it has as much alcohol in it as a shot of vodka in most cases. I don't know the conversion chart well since it's in "American" (re: oz.) units, but keep your booze and pills separate.

If you feel like you want to get high when socializing, just time your pills for when when everyone is drinking (meaning if you're supposed to take X drug twice a day, time it for for 4 pm and midnight). That's what I do. That way no one bothers me about not drinking and I get my mild buzz.

For a healthy average Joe in his early twenties who doesn't need any meds / special diet, such as myself, drinking a couple of beers per day isn't harmful.
I know lots of people who stopped drinking completely (due to a few bad experiences, or whatever other lame reason), but in my opinion that's weak. Superweak.
I love beer, and a bunch of other alcoholic beverages, I will never stop drinking. If you can't control yourself when drinking then the problem lies within the person, not the "drug", but the latter always gets the blame. Totally stopping with drinking is a sign for lack of discipline and control of your own body and mind.

Stick to the prescription instruction when using meds. Drink in moderation. Don't drink when you're the designated driver. That is it!! How hard can that be??

I decided to cut my hair (again) and I'm quite satisfied except for my girlfriends immediate response:
"You look exactly like that guy you always listen to! Vinter...something" :D

That was so not my intention... :p

I second this. Alcohol makes a lot of medication with psychiatric uses malfunction. Also makes the booze unpleasant. You can "safely" drink with valium, for example. But it ruins the relatively benign pleasantness of the calm valium gives you and the alcohol buzz feels extremely gross instead of relaxing. I just don't drink anymore.

Alcohol, as delicious as it is, is worse for you than almost any drug. Don't mix it with pills just because being of age makes it legal. It's quite bad for you as it is, pills + booze fuck you up. My dad is an addict, and his favorite thing is to mix painkillers with beer. We think of it as "just beer," but it has as much alcohol in it as a shot of vodka in most cases. I don't know the conversion chart well since it's in "American" (re: oz.) units, but keep your booze and pills separate.

If you feel like you want to get high when socializing, just time your pills for when when everyone is drinking (meaning if you're supposed to take X drug twice a day, time it for for 4 pm and midnight). That's what I do. That way no one bothers me about not drinking and I get my mild buzz.

For a healthy average Joe in his early twenties who doesn't need any meds / special diet, such as myself, drinking a couple of beers per day isn't harmful.
I know lots of people who stopped drinking completely (due to a few bad experiences, or whatever other lame reason), but in my opinion that's weak. Superweak.
I love beer, and a bunch of other alcoholic beverages, I will never stop drinking. If you can't control yourself when drinking then the problem lies within the person, not the "drug", but the latter always gets the blame. Totally stopping with drinking is a sign for lack of discipline and control of your own body and mind.

Stick to the prescription instruction when using meds. Drink in moderation. Don't drink when you're the designated driver. That is it!! How hard can that be??

Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. First of all, I've never been a heavy drinker; usually when I go out I have 2-4 beers at the most, which is nothing. However, with the pills I can't obviously do that now. But I take my pill in the morning (one), so I think it's OK to have one or two beers at the most if I go out at night. Most beers here don't have much alcohol, about 5% at the most. But I'd never have alcohol and the pill at the same time, just to be clear. As Azzor said, it's a matter of self control.

I decided to cut my hair (again) and I'm quite satisfied except for my girlfriends immediate response:

:lol: holy crap. Not your intention? Admit it, it was your intention! When we notice you'll have changed your username to V1nters0rg, hahahahaha! :lol: I don't like the moustache, but the hair looks nice.

i can assure you that the prescription written inside every kind of psychotropic drug is NOT to drink.
we are speaking about a person who takes that kind of medicine, not of an avarage taking-no-pills guy.

i'm just quoting wikipedia, but you can also search for some tecnical specifications, the ones i've found are only in spanish.

there have been reports of overdose with venlafaxine, occurring predominantly in combination with alcohol and/or other drugs
Although the synergistic effects may not be as bad as with other antidepressants, it is still not recommended to take venlafaxine with alcohol

and WITH alcohol it doesn't mean that you must take them together for mixing the the effects, if you take your pills in the morning they will be still in your body in the evening.

i can assure you that the prescription written inside every kind of psychotropic drug is NOT to drink.
we are speaking about a person who takes that kind of medicine, not of an avarage taking-no-pills guy.

i'm just quoting wikipedia, but you can also search for some tecnical specifications, the ones i've found are only in spanish.

and WITH alcohol it doesn't mean that you must take them together for mixing the the effects, if you take your pills in the morning they will be still in your body in the evening.

Yeah I know I know, I'll ask my doc tomorrow. I think one beer is fine, it's not like I drink every day.

I've finally got the vocal tracks for my Ep. Now I have to work a lot to finish it asap!

Yeah!!!! Send it to me! :Smokin::Spin:

Wear lipstick. That'll solve that little issue! :lol:

no no no...more vintersorg for the world. that's what we need. :lol:
i discovered just yesterday that andreas has a brother. i had never taken a careful look on odemarken son's thanks at the end of the booklet. he thanks his brother, so he has one. i wonder if they look like each other. some years ago i saw a guy who looked impressively like him at a korpiklaani's gig, he was one guy of the band's staff and he was andreas' photocopy, really! same blue eyes, same beard, same nose, same facial traits, it was amazing how he resembled him. he had only darker hair, but quite long as he used to have.
if i wasn't in italy, and i met him in the streets, i would be sure he was andreas....or at least one of his close relatives....
so the question is: andreas do you have a brother who works with korpiklaani???? :lol:

no no no...more vintersorg for the world. that's what we need. :lol:
i discovered just yesterday that andreas has a brother. i had never taken a careful look on odemarken son's thanks at the end of the booklet. he thanks his brother, so he has one. i wonder if they look like each other. some years ago i saw a guy who looked impressively like him at a korpiklaani's gig, he was one guy of the band's staff and he was andreas' photocopy, really! same blue eyes, same beard, same nose, same facial traits, it was amazing how he resembled him. he had only darker hair, but quite long as he used to have.
if i wasn't in italy, and i met him in the streets, i would be sure he was andreas....or at least one of his close relatives....
so the question is: andreas do you have a brother who works with korpiklaani???? :lol:

Maybe it's Draugen… who knows, we can't really tell now :lol:.

Speaking of Shitlipaani:

Beer, vodka, now tequila.

The song seems better than the previous stuff, but it's still pretty awful. Was the guy singing in Spanish? That made me ears bleed :lol:.

Last edited by a moderator: