Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

it wasn't because of the food. My eating habits have been the same for like 7 years now and the only time of the year i eat a bit more is during the christmas. I have no idea why i suddenly gained weight, i didn't quit smoking (never smoked in my life), didn't take or stopped taking any pills, didn't eat more of fatter kind of food as far as i know. I guess i'm just getting old.

less movement? i don't know which are your habits, if you do an active life or not, but the maintaining of a certain weight is the result of the equilibrium of incomes and expenditures. if you have eaten the same quantity of food as always but have done a more sedentary life you could have modified this equilibrium.
but i'm just guessing...

lucky you! i gained 5 kilo in a month and i know i will never get rid of those anymore... :cry:

Wow 5 kilos in such a short time is a lot, the most I've gained is 3.

it wasn't because of the food. My eating habits have been the same for like 7 years now and the only time of the year i eat a bit more is during the christmas. I have no idea why i suddenly gained weight, i didn't quit smoking (never smoked in my life), didn't take or stopped taking any pills, didn't eat more of fatter kind of food as far as i know. I guess i'm just getting old.

That last sentence made me laugh a lot hee hee. But really, one's body changes a lot around 30, and what I've seen is that people have a much, much harder time getting rid of all the food.

Talking about weight, I've gained 2 kilos. Sucks, now I'm at 81, and I should weigh around 75. I think I'm going to do that P90x crap.

P90x crap.

It's hardly 'crap', should be pretty good from what I could tell. It is a more 'advanced' fitness program though, unless you're already in pretty decent shape, it's gonna be tough.

I suggest this. Unlike the P90x, it's completely free and the website has a TON of useful content for just about anybody who wants to get into better shape.

Wow 5 kilos in such a short time is a lot, the most I've gained is 3.

That last sentence made me laugh a lot hee hee. But really, one's body changes a lot around 30, and what I've seen is that people have a much, much harder time getting rid of all the food.

Talking about weight, I've gained 2 kilos. Sucks, now I'm at 81, and I should weigh around 75. I think I'm going to do that P90x crap.

that's why have only 2 years left to get back in shape, 30ies are nearing!!!! :erk:

that's why have only 2 years left to get back in shape, 30ies are nearing!!!! :erk:

:lol: haha. But living in Europe is awesome in the "exercise" sense. I hate walking here due to insecurity and, oh, the heat. The ever-scorching heat. Europe is really the place for me; after I went there I came with a weight of… 74 kilos!!! Which is pretty amazing, considering I hate a lot in McDs. Sight-seeing obviously influenced a lot, but I do feel I'd have better health there.

Do it. I have an auto immune disorder that kicked me in the teeth after not making up its mind for about 12 years. I just turned 30. Luckily I was in awesome shape when it happened. I haven't been able to work out since last October, and I'm living off 3 years of intensive working out 5-6 times a week. Hoping it gets knocked into remission soon. The only reason I didn't gain weight from inactivity (well, I did eventually) was because they misdiagnosed me and I lost 20 pounds during the summer. I was in optimal shape, so I basically lost 20 pounds of muscle and was about to enter the stage where dying of malnutrition was becoming a concern.

You never know what your body is going to throw at you when you get older. Stuff that has been going on goes awry. Women often have thyroid issues, and losing weight then becomes a problem...

Eating healthy and exercise regularly is pretty much the best way to go about it. And calories. Just manage calories. Reducing intake of things like salt and fat helps calorie management, but ultimately you do those things to prevent diseases related to having too much of them in your diet, not weight control.

You don't have to run 4 miles a day, lift weights and do aerobics 5-6 times a week like I did to stay in shape. Running 3 times a week, watching your calories and just making sure your metabolism stays pretty high keeps your body pretty fit.

And of course, remember... slow and steady. I don't really believe in crash workout programs, although if you're being paid for it like celebrities you can pull it off. Most of us have work and lives to live, so you gotta fit in whatever works for you. Injuries, surgery, diseases... all those things limit what kind of exercise you can do. Some people just aren't meant for running, but you still need cardio. Some people are not meant to develop big muscles because they're just not built for it and have sensitive joints (like me), but you still need strength.

Find a personal trainer, keep with him/her for a month or two. Once you get a routine going, check the interwebs, you'll find something that works. Just remember the first few months are a horror. Especially if it's been years since working out was a routine part of your life.

Do it. I have an auto immune disorder that kicked me in the teeth after not making up its mind for about 12 years. I just turned 30. Luckily I was in awesome shape when it happened. I haven't been able to work out since last October, and I'm living off 3 years of intensive working out 5-6 times a week. Hoping it gets knocked into remission soon. The only reason I didn't gain weight from inactivity (well, I did eventually) was because they misdiagnosed me and I lost 20 pounds during the summer. I was in optimal shape, so I basically lost 20 pounds of muscle and was about to enter the stage where dying of malnutrition was becoming a concern.

You never know what your body is going to throw at you when you get older. Stuff that has been going on goes awry. Women often have thyroid issues, and losing weight then becomes a problem...

Eating healthy and exercise regularly is pretty much the best way to go about it. And calories. Just manage calories. Reducing intake of things like salt and fat helps calorie management, but ultimately you do those things to prevent diseases related to having too much of them in your diet, not weight control.

You don't have to run 4 miles a day, lift weights and do aerobics 5-6 times a week like I did to stay in shape. Running 3 times a week, watching your calories and just making sure your metabolism stays pretty high keeps your body pretty fit.

And of course, remember... slow and steady. I don't really believe in crash workout programs, although if you're being paid for it like celebrities you can pull it off. Most of us have work and lives to live, so you gotta fit in whatever works for you. Injuries, surgery, diseases... all those things limit what kind of exercise you can do. Some people just aren't meant for running, but you still need cardio. Some people are not meant to develop big muscles because they're just not built for it and have sensitive joints (like me), but you still need strength.

Find a personal trainer, keep with him/her for a month or two. Once you get a routine going, check the interwebs, you'll find something that works. Just remember the first few months are a horror. Especially if it's been years since working out was a routine part of your life.
i'm sending you a PM :)

^ I'd like to be part of this discussion.

eheheh, it's something a little bit personal, and i don't like to write it on a pubblic forum, but you know, i like you (in a friendly way i mean :p) you're always so gentle and cute, so if you want we can discuss this matter through pm, let me know :)

It's hardly 'crap', should be pretty good from what I could tell. It is a more 'advanced' fitness program though, unless you're already in pretty decent shape, it's gonna be tough.

I suggest this. Unlike the P90x, it's completely free and the website has a TON of useful content for just about anybody who wants to get into better shape.

Haha well I wasn't going to pay for the P90X anyhow. Thanks for the link, will check it out.

eheheh, it's something a little bit personal, and i don't like to write it on a pubblic forum, but you know, i like you (in a friendly way i mean :p) you're always so gentle and cute, so if you want we can discuss this matter through pm, let me know :)

Sure. Haha "cute" :p .

I decided to restart my DDR (yes, Dance Dance Revolution :p) diet; it seemed to work in the past. Main problem: Books falling of from desks in my room :lol: .

^ I'd like to be part of this discussion.

It's about auto-immune disorders, I'm not sure if it'll be helpful to you because diabetes treatment is mercifully well known. We're both sort of in the gray zone, so I was just giving her advice.

If you want to ask me about staying healthy, I'm no expert, but I did a good job before I got pretty sick. I also know about how to work out while being sick... it's mostly about tempering your expectations... but I do know a little from my own experiences.

ehm...sorry, just seen my inbox was full :rolleyes:

yeah i've seen all those ******** and thought WTF is that....:lol:
is naglfar gone mad? :lol:

ahehehe the drug was T-r-a-m-a-d-o-l and its ER version (extended release). Some lunatics thought it would be a good idea to make a "non-narcotic" painkiller. It's essentially a synthetic opiate. As a result, it's less effective, more addictive, and its side effects include crushing headaches that can kill you and petit mal seizures (I experienced both when I was on it!). Fuck that drug, man. You're better off on oxy or fucken perks. At least they won't kill you when you use them as prescribed.

ahehehe the drug was T-r-a-m-a-d-o-l and its ER version (extended release). Some lunatics thought it would be a good idea to make a "non-narcotic" painkiller. It's essentially a synthetic opiate. As a result, it's less effective, more addictive, and its side effects include crushing headaches that can kill you and petit mal seizures (I experienced both when I was on it!). Fuck that drug, man. You're better off on oxy or fucken perks. At least they won't kill you when you use them as prescribed.

Shit, that really sucks mate, big time; I'm glad you're better now :cry: . And I can't believe you're 30, last pic I saw of you (when you got a new haircut) you looked like 21….

Ahehehehe Germany's current economic troubles are the exact opposite of US, Spain, Greece et al. Strong export industrial economy that went kablooie when no one could buy their stuff anymore and their imports made domestic production unprofitable in many of their primary trade partners, making the inability to purchase their stuff more acute. =) Can't blame the big banks for that one. Merkel gets to eat sand after pretending Germany was some sort of economic miracle while the recession was at its worst.

Off topic, anyway.

Thanks for the info., didn't know that. Did you see "Inside Job"?

I still look 18... lol. I am somewhat better, but heavily medicated. They gave me real opiates instead.

I cut my hair further and lost my muscles, so I look like a kid.

Works well with the ladies, but being an alpha male, find myself menaced a little more often. Hope I don't get into a fight anytime soon, I can brawl but in a scrap, a little brawn goes a long way.

I still look 18... lol. I am somewhat better, but heavily medicated. They gave me real opiates instead.

I cut my hair further and lost my muscles, so I look like a kid.

Works well with the ladies, but being an alpha male, find myself menaced a little more often. Hope I don't get into a fight anytime soon, I can brawl but in a scrap, a little brawn goes a long way.

:lol: well I guess some ladies dig that :p . I've also noticed that younger (say 18/19 year-olds) tend to hit on me. So I always ask "you're 18, right? Where's your id?" :lol: That's quite the turn off for them too haha.

Looks like you've been through a lot of stuff with that cursed ********, I'm glad you're doing better now :) . I'm not heavily medicated right now (besides the normal stuff, i.e. insulin and asthma inhalers), but at what time I was. Still, I'm sure it doesn't come close to what you've been through.

EDIT:

Weird! Forum (computer? Internet?) censors T-r-a-m-o-d-o-l (see ********), I was wondering why you'd written it like that.

EDIT:

Weird! Forum (computer? Internet?) censors T-r-a-m-o-d-o-l (see ********), I was wondering why you'd written it like that.

Heavily abused drug, like d-a-r-v-o-c-e-t, which got pulled off the market because it causes heart arrythmia. You can buy it online very easily, and along with erection medication (which I'm not going to bother to spell out because it gets blotted, too), is one of the most widely bot spammed medications. For some reason low-grade, ineffective painkillers are more widely abused. I guess they're cheaper than the strong stuff (and anyway, if you wanted to get high and enjoy it, very occasional use of moderate, not weak or strong painkillers, is the best way to get high).

Sadly, I know this from experience. Being a health nut, it annoys me that I know. Something has to put out the fire, though...

breaking news, i've just come back home from the hairdresser.
i have cutted my hair in a way that i've never thought it could happen.
no i haven't a bob now, they are still pretty long (approximately half of the butt), but i've cutted 10-15 cm which is a lot for my standards :eek:. now i finally have them all of the same lenght (before i had an detestable cut with a V form that i hated a lot!) and i'm really really satisfied with it.
and the priceless thing is that i don't sit on them anymore :)