Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Anyway, the worst part here for me was listening to people's screams from different places. Most of them were pure panic or shit like that, but that's something I will need some time to forget (if I ever will).

Oh wow. Definitely understandable, and hopefully there's resources for you to utilize if you need to talk to somebody about all of this.

You all are in my thoughts down there.

Heh. I woke up at 5:30 this am, to paint. Perhaps I am insane - but it turned out to be a good painting! (At least I am happy with it!) At least I went to bed for an hour or two afterwards, then got up at my 'normal' time to go to work. Where I am drinking down black tea like a madwoman.

you're quite crazy! :lol:
when the clock rang yesterday morning i didn't know where i was, who i was, and if it was night or day....
my brain was still sleeping in bed! just figure out if i'm able to wake up to paint :lol:
morning is always hard to me....i start to be completely awaken around lunch time :p

@satans: i'm very sorry for what is happening to you. i never experienced a big earthquake, the only one i've felt was so little that my ass shaked a little bit on the cough and the windows glasses trembled. but it must be very scary to feel and see everything move and shake.
our huggs, and our hopes the situations gets better soon! for you both, you and allfader!

@Qu apelle: I don't think it's that hard. It's just a hard situation that somehow stays with you forever I think (not making you crazy or shit like that, but remembering it once in a while). I cannot even imagine what the people who saw the tsunami have in their minds. A friend of my father saw the biggest earthquake ever registered (Valdivia, 1960) that also had a big ass tsunami. That guy cries everytime he remembers it, the image of houses with people screaming being carried inside the sea it's something he has never forgot.

@Lefay: Fortunately, nothing is happening to me really. Well, not counting that wall that is not mine in my yard and not having electricity for almost a week which is really not a big deal after all what you can watch here on tv from other places. I'm lucky because my family and friends are ok.

Anyway, thank you both for your thoughts :)

@Qu apelle: I don't think it's that hard. It's just a hard situation that somehow stays with you forever I think (not making you crazy or shit like that, but remembering it once in a while). I cannot even imagine what the people who saw the tsunami have in their minds. A friend of my father saw the biggest earthquake ever registered (Valdivia, 1960) that also had a big ass tsunami. That guy cries everytime he remembers it, the image of houses with people screaming being carried inside the sea it's something he has never forgot.

@Lefay: Fortunately, nothing is happening to me really. Well, not counting that wall that is not mine in my yard and not having electricity for almost a week which is really not a big deal after all what you can watch here on tv from other places. I'm lucky because my family and friends are ok.

Anyway, thank you both for your thoughts :)
i've still the images of the floading that happened here few months ago well impressed in my mind, and even if nothing really serious have happened, no deads, no wounded people, only damages to things, industries and houses, well it is not a good sensation when nature shows its mighty forces against mankind (well let's not speculate about the fact that sometimes, often, it's mankind's fault, like when entire hills collapse to the valley because some genius have built a city where it should not be built, like it's happening in the south of italy just now) .
it makes you feel little, insignificant and vulnerable. you're not safe in the safest place of all, your home.

26995_1376578217557_1324892377_1034072_5296600_n.jpg

26995_1376578457563_1324892377_1034078_178484_n.jpg

chile-terremoto-edificaciones.jpg

Those are from the south... here a "before-after" of Juan Fernandez. An Island where the earthquake wasn't felt but the tsunami arrived.

islajuanfernandezantesd.jpg

Yup, we are kinda vulnerable against nature.

Holy shit. I'm really pissed off with people and the government specially. Chile has always been a country with constant sismic activity (some volcanic activity too), but very few people is aware of it, even less prepared for something of this magnitude.

I was the only one on the whole neighborhood that had some stored water 'just in case of'...

I can't imagine how is Talca now but I'll see it personally next week.

another big aftershock of 6.9 quake in Chile, I would get the hell out of there before the earth swallows everybody down there.

The magnitude-6.9 aftershock is the strongest since the day of the Feb. 27, magnitude-8.8 quake. It occurred along the same fault line, said geophysicist Don Blakeman at the U.S. Geological Surveyin Golden, Colorado. The USGS initially estimated the aftershock's magnitude at 7.2."When we get quakes in the 8 range, we would expect to see maybe a couple of aftershocks in the 7 range," he said.Blakeman said Chile now can expect to feel "aftershocks of the aftershock.""It's not a sign of anything different happening. But what does occur when you get these large aftershocks, typically we have a whole series of aftershocks again," Blakeman said.

Yup, actually there is a tsunami alert on valparaiso and many other places, but nothing has happened yet (or at least that's what we know). The biggest earthquake was close to rancagua, which is a small city few kilometres to the south from here, 6.9º Richter. No problems here in my city as far as I know.

Edit: The alert ended few minutes ago.

I work at Viña del mar, just some streets far from the beach and beside a estuary. The first eq did some damage on the building. The second one made people ran away. At the same time ships, police, ambulances and firemen gave the Tsunami alert (not preemptive, the alert was like 'it's happening', a HUGE mistake), so people fell into psycosis and ran to the hills, there was some car accidents. I took my bass and walked away. I jumped into a truck which was taking people to the nearest hill (more for laziness than nothing). It was like 'the day after tomorrow', people overreacted in a way I would never imagine. I tried to stay cool and keep people calmed (I did a fine job IMO, since I was the only one who wasn't crying/scarred/etx). Once there, I awaited for 1 hr and returned to work. No one was there. The traffic to Valparaiso was cut off, so I can't return to home and I decided to travel to Santiago (I planned to do it on the evening anyway).

I arrived to work 1 hour ago and there was another EQ.

Holy shit. I'm really pissed off with people and the government specially. Chile has always been a country with constant sismic activity (some volcanic activity too), but very few people is aware of it, even less prepared for something of this magnitude.

I was the only one on the whole neighborhood that had some stored water 'just in case of'...

I can't imagine how is Talca now but I'll see it personally next week.

Considering everything, Chile hasn't been struck as much as it could've been. Costa Rica and Chile have the best seismic codes, next to Japan. If Chile had possessed say, Haiti's infrastructure, there would be nothing left of the country. I'm glad that that is not the case :) .

What is sad is that Chile was very close to becoming a first world country, the first one in Latin America to do that. But because of the quake, it's now been delayed up to circa 2016. Oh well at least they'll get to first world some day :lol:.

It was very funny to see yesterday the pictures of elipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos (et omnes sancti) de Borbón y de Grecia (i.e. the Prince of Spain) looking at the roof hoping it wouldn't collapse. And Álvaro Uribe (Colombia's President) was the first one to run and leave the room hahaha.

Best of luck for the new government and its people. Judging from his finances, the new president seems to be quite corruptable.

Changing the topic here, yesterday was probably one of the worst days of my life. I feel incredibly depressed, and haven't been able to study anything since the event yesterday. I cried, I talk to my girl, to my best friend but I still feel quite perturbed, in total dismay.

I was talking to Mikael of Dark Tranquillity tonight about Mr. V, says he never met the man but definitely likes what he does. I just thought it was neat...

I was talking to Mikael of Dark Tranquillity tonight about Mr. V, says he never met the man but definitely likes what he does. I just thought it was neat...

I remember talking about Vintersorg to the guys from Opeth and just getting this stunned silence. It was one of those "We want to be nice, so we're just not saying anything" kind of things.

I remember talking about Vintersorg to the guys from Opeth and just getting this stunned silence. It was one of those "We want to be nice, so we're just not saying anything" kind of things.

I tried explaining Vintersorg to my father once.

I think he's still lost. He even loves complex rock music, like Pink Floyd and Radiohead. Though he did remind me that, believe it or not, he doesn't really like heavy metal. Oh well - his loss! :headbang: