Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I can definitely see why many people would have a hard time with Vintersorg. That sounds weird coming from myself who is a fan, but I think it's a bit like enjoying blue cheese, a narrow taste that some can acquire and learn to appreciate and some not. The thing that has always stood out to me about Vintersorg is that, unusual for metal excepting all those cheesy power metal bands, it has always had a positive rather than negative vibe to it, tributing the joys and wonders of life rather than lamenting the bad things about the world or throwing around pseudo aggression. It's a breath of fresh air in the metal genre.

I can definitely see why many people would have a hard time with Vintersorg. That sounds weird coming from myself who is a fan, but I think it's a bit like enjoying blue cheese, a narrow taste that some can learn to acquire and appreciate and some not.

That's pretty much what any fan from a progressive band says. Until CG, most of metalheads likes Vintersorg or at least, is highly respected as one of the best of the viking/folk genre.

The thing that has always stood out to me about Vintersorg is that, unusual for metal excepting all those cheesy power metal bands, it has always had a positive rather than negative vibe to it, tributing the joys and wonders of life rather than lamenting the bad things about the world. It's a breath of fresh air in the metal genre.

I think Vintersorg's first 3 offerings don't sound 'positive' at all and lyrically is a mixed bag. Since CG Vintersorg sounds 'optimistic' IMO. BTW I truly Love Visions...

I can definitely see why many people would have a hard time with Vintersorg. That sounds weird coming from myself who is a fan, but I think it's a bit like enjoying blue cheese, a narrow taste that some can acquire and learn to appreciate and some not. The thing that has always stood out to me about Vintersorg is that, unusual for metal excepting all those cheesy power metal bands, it has always had a positive rather than negative vibe to it, tributing the joys and wonders of life rather than lamenting the bad things about the world or throwing around pseudo aggression. It's a breath of fresh air in the metal genre.

I'm with you there. I think that's something that I like about it as well. It's one of the reasons I was such a big fan of the new Orphaned Land as well.

all i have to do now is to find some courage to go cut my hair.
only a little bit, 2-3 cms....but it's always a huge trauma for me :cry:
was it for me, for how often i go there, all the hairdressers would crash :lol:

I'm still missing my hair =/

you haven't posted yet a photo with the new hairstyle, am i wrong?

well my cut will not be very traumatic, only few centimeters, but i feel unconfortable everytime i go to the hairdresser... they have the tendency to do what they want, not what their customer asks....so everytime i fear they do some mess with my hair....cut more than i want, or do errors :lol:
i think i've reached the lenght that andreas had at the old times !!! :headbang: now they are 1 meter and 15 cms :lol:

you haven't posted yet a photo with the new hairstyle, am i wrong?

well my cut will not be very traumatic, only few centimeters, but i feel unconfortable everytime i go to the hairdresser... they have the tendency to do what they want, not what their customer asks....so everytime i fear they do some mess with my hair....cut more than i want, or do errors :lol:
i think i've reached the lenght that andreas had at the old times !!! :headbang: now they are 1 meter and 15 cms :lol:

Mine was like 75-80cm. I haven't taken any pics lately. I guess I'll do it anyway (it's almost depressing to see pics of mine, since all of them features my long hair).

Mine was like 75-80cm. I haven't taken any pics lately. I guess I'll do it anyway (it's almost depressing to see pics of mine, since all of them features my long hair).

yeah, i'm curious to see how you look with short hair!
please post one photo someday! when you feel confortable....

I played live 'today'. 'Twas horrible. 3 bands performed, mine at the end. the 2nd band was awful as fuck and played too much. At the middle of their show half of the crowd left and when this guys ended and we started (at 2:45am aprox, not really late), 'twas reduced to 20 or 30 people, not more. I was bored as hell. we're really angry cause the show was supposed to end max to 3am, so we played just 3 songs and left. If someone took pics, I'll upload some if they are decent.

In a couple of hours I'll get into studio to record something with a progressive/technical/avantgarde death metal band. I hope to do it fast, so I can record a couple of my own songs, from the new material I've written this month.

Ah that's too bad, but I hope the recording session went fine :) .

No! 'twas horrible as well! I lost 4 and half hours of work (a complete song, with 8 guitar tracks) cause cubase crushed in a weird way (in fact not completely lost, since we still have the wavs but I need to organize/edit them all, and to do the whole process again). I attempted to record another shorter song but I had to leave, leaving the session unfinished, but listenable. Anyway, I found a way to optimize time, so during the next weeks I'll be extremely busy. I need to upgrade my home studio, which it'll be done this week, so I could record at least vocals and bass properly here at home.

I need to upgrade my home studio, which it'll be done this week, so I could record at least vocals and bass properly here at home.

I have to do the same thing, but for painting for me. Last night, I was out of room in my bedroom, so I had to paint in the washroom by the sink! :zombie: Last weekend, I even made a little list of what I need, and when I need to get them. (New ergonomic chair is on the top of the list, tabletop drafting board, Photoshop for the Mac, external backup hard drive, better camera.) Tonight, I might make a 'splatter shield' out of cardboard and duct tape. I even have a couple of classes planned out that I want to take!

It's sort of weird being a visual artist among a zillion musicians, but we also have a lot in common!

No! 'twas horrible as well! I lost 4 and half hours of work (a complete song, with 8 guitar tracks) cause cubase crushed in a weird way (in fact not completely lost, since we still have the wavs but I need to organize/edit them all, and to do the whole process again). I attempted to record another shorter song but I had to leave, leaving the session unfinished, but listenable. Anyway, I found a way to optimize time, so during the next weeks I'll be extremely busy. I need to upgrade my home studio, which it'll be done this week, so I could record at least vocals and bass properly here at home.

¡Ah mierda! I'm sorry it didn't go so well, better luck next time :) .

I have to do the same thing, but for painting for me. Last night, I was out of room in my bedroom, so I had to paint in the washroom by the sink! :zombie: Last weekend, I even made a little list of what I need, and when I need to get them. (New ergonomic chair is on the top of the list, tabletop drafting board, Photoshop for the Mac, external backup hard drive, better camera.) Tonight, I might make a 'splatter shield' out of cardboard and duct tape. I even have a couple of classes planned out that I want to take!

It's sort of weird being a visual artist among a zillion musicians, but we also have a lot in common!

Haha you remind me of my girlfriend, with all her art 'supplies' that she buys every semester. Photoshop you can easily pirate *cof cof*.

Haha you remind me of my girlfriend, with all her art 'supplies' that she buys every semester. Photoshop you can easily pirate *cof cof*.

I actually don't need any more supplies - I'm swimming in paint and pencils! I just need the other things.

And understood on the piracy. But as I'm also a student, I can buy a legit copy at 80% off. I'd rather do that. :)

I actually don't need any more supplies - I'm swimming in paint and pencils! I just need the other things.

And understood on the piracy. But as I'm also a student, I can buy a legit copy at 80% off. I'd rather do that. :)

Ah we don't get that discount here, if that were the case more people would buy it. It's a pretty expensive programme to be honest.

yesterday was a very busy day.
i got up early, went to work...then to the restaurant and ate, ate, ate till 3 o'clock.
then went back home, died on the couch for about two hours....
when i woke up was still so fucking full of food that i had some tea for dinner.
but easter wasn't ended yet.
1713.gif

some friend came to our home and bought cakes...
OMG i think i've diabetes now. i've eaten three slices of cake...one jam-tart (with no jam at all, but this seems to be the right term for this kind of cake) filled with cream and ricotta, another one filled with chokolate, rice, currant, pine nuts and rum :p and the last one is called Pastiera Napoletana, which is a typical cake from the south of italy made with eggs, ricotta, candied fruit and grain ( is wonderful!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastiera)

and this evening there's another round! :cry: