Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

You say it like its a bad thing. Summer NEVER comes up here..

if you ask me if i like spring i will say "yes of course! it's beautiful, sunny and warm days, you can do a lot of activities outside"
but if you ask me if i like summer i will say NO!
i think your summer is as hot as our spring, i so will probably like it if i lived in sweden, but italian summers are no good :p
yesterday we had 25 degrees and it's only the first part of april :zombie:
when the year is particullary hot we can start to have 30 degrees from May, that means we can have 5 months with temperatures above 30°...and i have to underline that i don't live in the SOUTH!
and when it's too hot you have only the desire to lay on the bed and have some rest, because you cannot go outside, there's too sun, too hot, too much humidity.... i'm sure defiance and everybody who lives in hot climate states know well this kind of feeling :)

It was Dia Psalma. Funny thing is, we go to the same place (KB), and we share a lot in taste of music, and still we end up missing each other every time for going to different concerts :lol:

Actually, I was also at that same show in Bengtsfors, but I can't remember if I was on the forum at that time, or just not very active. For all I know, we might have been standing right next to each other, ha ha! (at least, we must have been in the same signing line ;))

Haha, I'm sure we stood next to each other then. I was the guy in the centre front, singing along to every single lyric from Mr. V's mouth. And also, squinting angry with my eyes when he forgot a line or word... :lol:

if you ask me if i like spring i will say "yes of course! it's beautiful, sunny and warm days, you can do a lot of activities outside"
but if you ask me if i like summer i will say NO!
i think your summer is as hot as our spring, i so will probably like it if i lived in sweden, but italian summers are no good :p
yesterday we had 25 degrees and it's only the first part of april :zombie:
when the year is particullary hot we can start to have 30 degrees from May, that means we can have 5 months with temperatures above 30°...and i have to underline that i don't live in the SOUTH!
and when it's too hot you have only the desire to lay on the bed and have some rest, because you cannot go outside, there's too sun, too hot, too much humidity.... i'm sure defiance and everybody who lives in hot climate states know well this kind of feeling :)

Oh yeah, I know how those kind of summers are. Believe it or not, the summers in the upper midwest in the US (Wisconsin/Minnesota) get crazy hot and nasty. I *love* Swedish summer, but we get very few hot days.. and summer for me is always those hot days when you sit inside with the air conditioning on playing video games.. haha. :lol: Because if you go outside you will DIE. But on the other hand, those PRETTY hot days we're talking in the low 20s, are days that I don't mind at all.. and I would be happy to get more of them up here.

Oh yeah, I know how those kind of summers are. Believe it or not, the summers in the upper midwest in the US (Wisconsin/Minnesota) get crazy hot and nasty. I *love* Swedish summer, but we get very few hot days.. and summer for me is always those hot days when you sit inside with the air conditioning on playing video games.. haha. :lol: Because if you go outside you will DIE. But on the other hand, those PRETTY hot days we're talking in the low 20s, are days that I don't mind at all.. and I would be happy to get more of them up here.

the problem with air conditioning is that when you go outside you feel like you're jumping into a pool full of hot water! it's a terrible sensation, like your lungs are full of steam, and it leaves you without breath. that's why i don't use it, and the sudden change of temperature is not what we can exactly call healthy.
people are really crazy here about air contitioning. when you enter each fucking supermarket or shop of this state it's like you've entered a cold store every fucking time, you feel your sweat which is freezing on your back, because it's normal to sweat with a temperature of 35-38°, and inside you find at least 20 wonderful degrees! really mad :loco:
but i have the fortune to have a basement floor in my house, really big and cool. in summer tastes like heaven. there are at least 5/7 degrees less than on the first floor, all provided by nature (the ground in which the basement is built preserves coolness in summer and warmth in winter) :)

how hot is exactly summer in uppsala?

I haven't experienced it yet, but I found a chart that implies that it reaches it peak with highs of about 16. I could handle a lot hotter than that!!

But yeah, air conditioning is really, really common in the states as well. I like it, but you're right that if you're going in and out of places it sometimes makes it worse. But when I was living in Madison, I don't know if I would've slept some nights if it wasn't for the air conditioning that I had. When it's getting up to 30+ even at night, it is just too much for me to handle.

I haven't experienced it yet, but I found a chart that implies that it reaches it peak with highs of about 16. I could handle a lot hotter than that!!

But yeah, air conditioning is really, really common in the states as well. I like it, but you're right that if you're going in and out of places it sometimes makes it worse. But when I was living in Madison, I don't know if I would've slept some nights if it wasn't for the air conditioning that I had. When it's getting up to 30+ even at night, it is just too much for me to handle.

Only 30? Hahaha that's nothing ;) . When I went to the beach last week it was probably ca. 42 :lol:, the lowest it gets here is probably 13 I guess.

Madison, WI? Fucking Midwestern summers. Illinois and Wisconsin are horrific in the summers. I lived in Chicago for a bit over 4 years, thank god I was mostly there in Fall / Winter / Spring.

Only 30? Hahaha that's nothing ;) . When I went to the beach last week it was probably ca. 42 :lol:, the lowest it gets here is probably 13 I guess.

i was speaking of 30° as the lower temperature.
we usually have from 30° to 40° in summer. if you leave the car under the sun for one hour or two the thermometer can point at 45-47° (but only under full sun).
but in winter we have lower temperatures than the ones you have, about 0-5°, and sometimes, even if rarely, we can go under the zero. the lower temperature i remember was -5°

i was speaking of 30° as the lower temperature.
we usually have from 30° to 40° in summer. if you leave the car under the sun for one hour or two the thermometer can point at 45-47° (but only under full sun).
but in winter we have lower temperatures than the ones you have, about 0-5°, and sometimes, even if rarely, we can go under the zero. the lower temperature i remember was -5°

But I didn't quote you ;) .

I've been at -35, not really nice hehe. I love cold weather, but when you're 12 years old you don't like to be at -35.

But I didn't quote you ;) .

I've been at -35, not really nice hehe. I love cold weather, but when you're 12 years old you don't like to be at -35.

smiley_emoticons_doh.gif
smiley_emoticons_doh.gif
smiley_emoticons_doh.gif
smiley_emoticons_doh.gif
smiley_emoticons_doh.gif

Madison, WI? Fucking Midwestern summers. Illinois and Wisconsin are horrific in the summers. I lived in Chicago for a bit over 4 years, thank god I was mostly there in Fall / Winter / Spring.

You missed out!

I grew up in Madison, WI. And had a mom and step-dad that didn't believe in air conditioning. :hotjump: has never been a more appropriate emoticon.