Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

Thanx for the insight Novembersdirge. I was wondering about Uppsala. Is there anything noteworthy to see/do there?

I went to see the exhibition Bodyworlds in Copenhagen. Mind blowing stuff. Corpses plastinated.

These two were there, having a wooowaweeevaaa...
gunther-von-hagens-sex.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And now for something completely different, as they say.

I'm having some problems with my cd-player, and hope I can pull some advice out of you guys and gals, maybe?
Thing is, I've had it for ages and lately it has begun acting like some cd's are scratched even though they are not, i.e. not playing properly, jumping and skipping at will. I guess it needs a good cleaning, but I have no experience with this. Do I need to send it in for some technician to do it, or is it enough to get one of those cleaning cd's and run it through? I'm not really comfortable opening it up and messing about inside by myself, even though this seems to be the most given reply when I google it...

Djöfull;9790973 said:
Thanx for the insight Novembersdirge. I was wondering about Uppsala. Is there anything noteworthy to see/do there?

I went to see the exhibition Bodyworlds in Copenhagen. Mind blowing stuff. Corpses plastinated.

These two were there, having a wooowaweeevaaa...
gunther-von-hagens-sex.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg7FuKqKY4E

These two China-fellas were in the exhibtion for real? :lol: :lol: I saw the exhibition Bodyworlds too but there wasn't a dead couple making gravesex haha

Yes they were. Really surreal. and you can see the erected penis into the vagina also... there is a surgical section that allows that view.

I can't confirm they are chinese. There was some controversy with some of the cadavers meant for the show, that is chinese corpses of prisoners, but they were sent back to China. The donators are probably also from western countries as the show is there in the spotlight.

Djöfull;9793742 said:
Yes they were. Really surreal. and you can see the erected penis into the vagina also... there is a surgical section that allows that view.

I can't confirm they are chinese. There was some controversy with some of the cadavers meant for the show, that is chinese corpses of prisoners, but they were sent back to China. The donators are probably also from western countries as the show is there in the spotlight.

hahaha ow, thats strange/funny, i think you didn't expected to see that couple.As far as i know all the bodies in the exhibition are Chinese, don't know about the organs sections/fetus..etc.

I'm having some problems with my cd-player, and hope I can pull some advice out of you guys and gals, maybe?
Thing is, I've had it for ages and lately it has begun acting like some cd's are scratched even though they are not, i.e. not playing properly, jumping and skipping at will. I guess it needs a good cleaning, but I have no experience with this. Do I need to send it in for some technician to do it, or is it enough to get one of those cleaning cd's and run it through? I'm not really comfortable opening it up and messing about inside by myself, even though this seems to be the most given reply when I google it...

I'd try "one of those cleaning CDs" first, although I'm not sure how easy it is to get them nowadays.

@D∆öfULL: Very cool pics, got more? Really interesting that you could actually see the penis into the vagina.

@djofull: i've seen a program about this artist on the tv time ago, it's really weird and i don't know..macabre? i'm not really interested about the ethic side of the thing, because dead people are volunteers and i think they can do what they want with their dead bodies. it's the final effect which is pretty macabre, i don't know if i would be interested in seeing an exhibition like that.
anyway that weirdest thing was that this artist have made some sections of the bodies and plastinated them, i mean he cutted into longitudinal slices those corpses, into thin slices like ham or salami, so you can see what's inside the body.

@tobz: my stereo is doing the same trick to me. and also he's refusing to read some cds. i can hear the cd spinning and the laser trying to read it without any result. i think it's a laser problem, i don't know if your stereo is old but mine is, and i think i have to consider to buy a new one. it has survived to 2 moves and the last one i think it has been fatal :(

Djöfull;9790973 said:
Aside from the grave of Gustav Vasa, the heart of pagandom in Sweden (Gamla Uppsala) and the largest library in Sweden? Not so much. :D If you like historical cities, it's got some cool stuff, but it's not exactly huge and loaded with crazy shit to do. We've been here almost two years and still haven't done everything we'd like to do. :)

Ok,thanx Novydude. There is also a big church there. I like churches from an aesthetic view.

Couldn't find a good frontal pic of the sexy corpses.
Here are two videos concerning it however:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9od7a_sex-after-death-skinned-naked-and-h_fun

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-co...16-2009/body-worlds-plans-cadaver-sex-exhibit

@Lefay: There was also a specimen there that was cut into like 30 transversely. I think the show is amazing and informative. It's not startling like a horror film.

i'm back from a week in Germany, still have to revive after Ragnarök... o_O i'll upload all the vids i filmed there later today i think... Enslaved was my personal highlight of the festival :headbang::worship:

Djöfull;9790973 said:

This exhibition was in Israel last year...I didn't like it
Dead bodies is not my thing unless it's like in a metal song or something.

I was wondering how did the perserve the bodies

I missed this. It's a problem with the laser reading the CDs, most likely. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a kid, my mom bought me this expensive-ass personal CD player that I basically had to plug in rather than use batteries, because it chugged double A batteries. Anyway, on top of that, it did exactly what you described after about 6 months, which is amazing because it basically was used as a stationary CD player since it had to always be plugged in. When I went to the electronics store, they said the laser that reads the CD was fucked up. It cost as much as the player to fix the problem.

Get yourself an ipod. Lol.

I missed this. It's a problem with the laser reading the CDs, most likely. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I was a kid, my mom bought me this expensive-ass personal CD player that I basically had to plug in rather than use batteries, because it chugged double A batteries. Anyway, on top of that, it did exactly what you described after about 6 months, which is amazing because it basically was used as a stationary CD player since it had to always be plugged in. When I went to the electronics store, they said the laser that reads the CD was fucked up. It cost as much as the player to fix the problem.

Get yourself an ipod. Lol.

I'm afraid of that as well, but will try with a cleaning disc first, as soon as I find one.

And I do have an iPod, but the cd-player is essential to me as I need it to make copies of my lp's. And no, I don't have any plans on getting a usb lp-player at the moment, as I only recently got the one I have and it works great. Although, it will probably go that way eventually...

My copy of Jordpuls arrived just a few days ago. My order got lost initially, so Napalm sent it again...
It's good by the way. Gotta have to get my way into it still...

I'm afraid of that as well, but will try with a cleaning disc first, as soon as I find one.

And I do have an iPod, but the cd-player is essential to me as I need it to make copies of my lp's. And no, I don't have any plans on getting a usb lp-player at the moment, as I only recently got the one I have and it works great. Although, it will probably go that way eventually...

I've never seen good reviews of USB LP player, wouldn't recommend buying it.

My copy of Jordpuls arrived just a few days ago. My order got lost initially, so Napalm sent it again...
It's good by the way. Gotta have to get my way into it still...

Ah crap, but well glad you got it :) .

This exhibition was in Israel last year...I didn't like it
Dead bodies is not my thing unless it's like in a metal song or something.

I was wondering how did the perserve the bodies

I don't understand how people can not be amazed, due to educational purpose or just awe.

Anyway, The method of preservation is called plastination. Fats and fluids are first extracted from the tissues and then the body is put into formaldehyde which preserves it temporarily. then Piece by piece polymers(some gases) are injected into the tissue so that it becomes kind of plastic like.