Alec's Tavern : The Frost Blast

I'll FINALLY start working on my thesis - currently about the adoption of the IASB to the our current accounting systems - yes, all that IFRS shit.

I already recorded and sent the drum tracks for a project. This next couple of weeks will be for bass. I have, for my own LP, the drums and like 40% of the guitars done. I can't go any further until I sell my Bc Rich Warlock and repair my Les Paul.

Oh, and lastly, I closed my Fb account, so anyone who need/want to keep contact with me, just send a mail or PM.

Yes, the real life begins.

Nice!!! Congrats! How come you closed your FB account :p ?

In all honesty, I have little - if no - time to spend on other things. I've just did a measure of the time spent there v/s its usefulness and I came to the conclusion that I need to focus on my immediate duties, leaving almost everything else aside. I've been progressively taking some distance from internet and this is just another step in that direction. Still, I need it, so I won't be completely absent. It's a given that I'll be lurking around tho.

I've just remembered when I spent most of my time around nature and books.... good ol' times.

Anyway, I've been playing live more actively and it seems like I'll still play some shows within the next weeks.

About my musical endeavors, the singer for FF is currently working on 3 tracks that I've finished demoing. I'm just waiting for the arrival of my guitar to start recording the final takes of the leads and some riffing left.

Now that I have everything composed and a good share recorded I can say that it sounds good. There's a especial atmosphere on every track that gives a very nostalgic feeling about it. The singer said that the finished songs have a melancholic feeling more akin to Les Discrets than Ulver or Empyrium (both being among my fav bands and given my mix of acoustic and metal tracks, which also features acoustic passages), with a 'countryside/wild nature' touch. I don't know what to think about it, since there are very aggressive and fast tracks/parts - but I guess that's an idea of how it'll finally sound. A couple of VERY raw recordings were heard for Lefay, Defiance and Novembers (those tracks will be included in the album, properly recorded).

The lyrics are based on a true story about a very especial couple, which happened in a small village far south of Chile.

wooooo the winter here this year is so fucking cold :D today was like -7C and one city made -27 !
@Allfader : I know Chile is colder than Brazil, but are you feeling that the winter this year is way more severe than the last year?

Sigurðr;9899087 said:
wooooo the winter here this year is so fucking cold :D today was like -7C and one city made -27 !
@Allfader : I know Chile is colder than Brazil, but are you feeling that the winter this year is way more severe than the last year?

Yes! we've been freezing for a month or so. Now I'm working with bare 2°C, the time here is 14:00.

Yes! we've been freezing for a month or so. Now I'm working with bare 2°C, the time here is 14:00.

wow!, Last year we have only 2º..-2º but this year is insane, I don't know really why we are having this severe winter but i'm liking it :rolleyes:

Btw, what part of Chile do you live? I'm dying to visit Chile someday, the south part is so beautiful , with all those Fiords and villages, it's almost like Norway.. Have you ever went to those south cities? like Coihaique or Puerto Montt?

Sigurðr;9900625 said:
Btw, what part of Chile do you live? I'm dying to visit Chile someday, the south part is so beautiful , with all those Fiords and villages, it's almost like Norway.. Have you ever went to those south cities? like Coihaique or Puerto Montt?

Right now I live in Quilpue, at the right middle of the country. The clime here is similar to northern Italy - for references.

I know VERY well the south of Chile and I've lived in several cities. For pics, look in the first pages of the 'landscapes' thread.

Right now I live in Quilpue, at the right middle of the country. The clime here is similar to northern Italy - for references.

I know VERY well the south of Chile and I've lived in several cities. For pics, look in the first pages of the 'landscapes' thread.

wow! I will see them right now :) And how is the life in the south of Chile? I want to go to Ushuaia too, it's in Argentina but goddammit, that's a beautiful and peaceful city.

The south is pretty much what you imagine about Scandinavia. We have 'regions' to divide the country, but are not states. From the sixth onwards starts the 'south', but you're talking about the most southern ones. From the 9th, you can see hundreds of lakes, rivers and snowy mountains, huge forests, a rather cold and fresh air. Most people lives in 1-floor houses, on the opposite of big cities that uses huge apartment buildings. A Good share of people lives working the land, a beautiful, yet sacrificed and heavy as hell lifestyle.

I've been into every known city from IV til X region. I've lived most of time in Valparaiso - V region, but I've been in cities like Rancagua, Talca, Curico, Osorno, Puerto Varas, Temuco, Puerto Montt, Concepcion, etx (just google images and you'll see).

Adventuring the more to the south, you'll notice that less people live there, leaving huge landscapes totally unexplored, the ice becomes more prominent until the point where it's the only thing you can see. The food is far better and healthier than the middle Chile. The people itself is nicer, due his lifestyle.

I hope, once my wife finishes her studies in Law, we'll move to south.

The south is pretty much what you imagine about Scandinavia. We have 'regions' to divide the country, but are not states. From the sixth onwards starts the 'south', but you're talking about the most southern ones. From the 9th, you can see hundreds of lakes, rivers and snowy mountains, huge forests, a rather cold and fresh air. Most people lives in 1-floor houses, on the opposite of big cities that uses huge apartment buildings. A Good share of people lives working the land, a beautiful, yet sacrificed and heavy as hell lifestyle.

I've been into every known city from IV til X region. I've lived most of time in Valparaiso - V region, but I've been in cities like Rancagua, Talca, Curico, Osorno, Puerto Varas, Temuco, Puerto Montt, Concepcion, etx (just google images and you'll see).

Adventuring the more to the south, you'll notice that less people live there, leaving huge landscapes totally unexplored, the ice becomes more prominent until the point where it's the only thing you can see. The food is far better and healthier than the middle Chile. The people itself is nicer, due his lifestyle.

I hope, once my wife finishes her studies in Law, we'll move to south.

oww, that sounds so nice, im so jealous hahaha, best wishes to you and your wife! Hope i could make a visit to those southern cities.

Oh i remember you talking about listening to steve digiorgio's works with your new headphone, have you ever heard the remastered version of the Human from Death? the basslines in that album are too low but the remastered version is simply beautiful, Suicide machine is beautiful to hear, and vacant planets..omg its mesmerizing, and the best part is some Drum & Bass tracks, like this one:

its INSANE goddammit i never heard those chords and all these lines in the old cd...

Last edited by a moderator: