Alexi 600-SE question

thanks...:oops: but i kinda almost regret getting it instead of a Jackson RR5model...but whatever...i'll have one of those one day too...maybe:mad:

yeah, it's just got the one EMG-HZ on it...but i think i'll leave it alone for right now:p thanks for the input though.....you still lovin the hell outta your jackson--(stupid question :lol:)

Why do you regret getting it over a Jackson RR5? Doesn't that new deep cutaway give the Alexi 600-SE much better upper fret access than an RR5 would have? Not to mention 24 frets vs. 22 frets?

Also, do you think you could do me a favor and take a picture of the backside of the Alexi 600-SE with the camera angle coming from near the headstock and looking toward the heel joint that sticks out in the back near the 17th fret?

^^IMO a RR5 is nice too but yeah i would prefer that one too over it. BUT Mitch's Jackson>all:lol:(although im completely satisfied with my RR24 so no bad feelings bout it:lol:)

I dont think you would prefer a EMG HZ over a EMG 81...not without gainboost i guess. As much as i know about you the 81 seems to fit more:lol: Yeah well before i sleep i look at my sweet jackson hanging on the wall :) Its still almost dentless and as beautiful as ever...plays great ofcourse. I probably wouldnt buy anything with Mick's name on it :lol:

Well I don't know 'cause I've never tried the 81 and the amp I play my Jackson through fucking sucks so I can't exactly judge fairly.

And Mick was cool to me back then. I still love his mask and his hair but I don't listen to Slipknot anymore so I wouldn't anymore either. I'm so glad I chose the Body Art series over it though, I've never seen ANYONE in the world ever mention that they have one the same. :D:D:D:D

How much was your jackson?

About £950 in total for everything. The guitar itself was around £650 I think.

^^IMO a RR5 is nice too but yeah i would prefer that one too over it. BUT Mitch's Jackson>all:lol:(although im completely satisfied with my RR24 so no bad feelings bout it:lol:)

:lol: :kickass:

Why do you regret getting it over a Jackson RR5? Doesn't that new deep cutaway give the Alexi 600-SE much better upper fret access than an RR5 would have? Not to mention 24 frets vs. 22 frets?

Also, do you think you could do me a favor and take a picture of the backside of the Alexi 600-SE with the camera angle coming from near the headstock and looking toward the heel joint that sticks out in the back near the 17th fret?

well....i don't necessarily regret it...i love it actually, but i guess cuz i was originally looking at the jackson when this came out and the alexi ESP--which was way out of my price range. i agree with mitch...i am glad i got this one over the jackson at the time cuz it is limited edition--and it's sexy too (IMO). I like the fact that they are extra jumbo frets...even though i have small fingers, it just plays better for me. this guitar feels so smooth too while playing compared to my ibanez (but it's cheap:lol:) my fingers just seem to glide so easily-ahh! my other guitar has 24 frets, so that isn't really an issue though. and mitch's > all!!!!!:headbang: i love gold hardware:oops:
i gotta go to work, but i'll take a pic later and post it when i get back.:)

bah i love my jackson more than any of you do:lol: But the fact still remains that Mitch's guitars>all:lol::kickass: Im just happy to have such a kickass guitar after 1 and a bit over ½ years:) very pleased indeed.

well....i don't necessarily regret it...i love it actually, but i guess cuz i was originally looking at the jackson when this came out and the alexi ESP--which was way out of my price range. i agree with mitch...i am glad i got this one over the jackson at the time cuz it is limited edition--and it's sexy too (IMO). I like the fact that they are extra jumbo frets...even though i have small fingers, it just plays better for me. this guitar feels so smooth too while playing compared to my ibanez (but it's cheap:lol:) my fingers just seem to glide so easily-ahh! my other guitar has 24 frets, so that isn't really an issue though. and mitch's > all!!!!!:headbang: i love gold hardware:oops:
i gotta go to work, but i'll take a pic later and post it when i get back.:)

Thanks you rock.

One more question for when you get back - do you find that you can even make use of the deeper cutaway for riffs that use the 24th fret? Because I found that on Alexi's other LTD guitars, although there were 24 frets I couldn't even really access the 24th fret due to the heel behind the neck sticking out so far into my hand. It was really annoying, but I was hoping that this newer limited edition wouldn't have the same problem.

So your pinky could reach the 24th fret without any hand contortions or discomforts whatsoever? Am I weird then? Because I tried out the LTD Alexi-600's (not the new pink one with the cutaway) and had a very hard time reaching my pinky to the 24th fret without problems.

I guess my main question is: Does the new pink Alexi 600-SE have noticeably better upper fret access than the original Alexi-600s? Because my hand doesn't seem to work with the Alexi-600s I've tried.

So your pinky could reach the 24th fret without any hand contortions or discomforts whatsoever? Am I weird then? Because I tried out the LTD Alexi-600's (not the new pink one with the cutaway) and had a very hard time reaching my pinky to the 24th fret without problems.

No you aint weird...It just needs practice of technique. I dont have so much problems reaching up. It feels impossible without practice though:) Nothing to worry about...you will get it!

Well playing guitar I already have technique to practice. It just doesn't make sense to have to spend even more time practicing to reach the 24th fret when you can reach the 24th fret on other guitars (ESP M-1000) without any hassle at all.

My problem is that I just really want that sexy Alexi 600-SE!!! Have you personally tried it? Just need to know if it's easier upper fret access than the original 600s.

^^Ive tried a LTD-alexi 600 and its basically same thing. You will with time get to it easily...the upper fret but its just a little movement and stretching. I liked the alexi-600 but i like my RR24 more...but the 600 was poorly set up. Still i liked it. I think the cutaway on the limited edition one is bigger...seems to be as big as on mmv so it shoud be easier.

It's all well giving him an idea of how the fret access is, but it's not like everyone has the same hand size. Ok if you're worried about fret access get a guitar which you feel most comfortable with like the M-1000 mentioned. If it's aesthetics you're wanting most, get the guitar and adapt to playing it, when i got my explorer not so long ago it was a dramatic difference in just about every aspect, to other guitars i've played, but over time I learned to become "one", with guitar if you like.

I guess my main question is: Does the new pink Alexi 600-SE have noticeably better upper fret access than the original Alexi-600s? Because my hand doesn't seem to work with the Alexi-600s I've tried.

Well playing guitar I already have technique to practice. It just doesn't make sense to have to spend even more time practicing to reach the 24th fret when you can reach the 24th fret on other guitars (ESP M-1000) without any hassle at all.

My problem is that I just really want that sexy Alexi 600-SE!!! Have you personally tried it? Just need to know if it's easier upper fret access than the original 600s.

use a 1-2-3 strech, instead of 1-2-4 or 1-3-4. i mean fuck, it's not that huge of a deal, you'll get used to it.

Thanks you rock.

One more question for when you get back - do you find that you can even make use of the deeper cutaway for riffs that use the 24th fret? Because I found that on Alexi's other LTD guitars, although there were 24 frets I couldn't even really access the 24th fret due to the heel behind the neck sticking out so far into my hand. It was really annoying, but I was hoping that this newer limited edition wouldn't have the same problem.

k...here are a few pics...sorry, they aren't the best quality-my camera isn't that fabulous and my room is dark:erk: personally, i haven't got to play any of the other alexi models to make an educated comparison, but compared to the guitars i have played with 24 frets, this one is easier (FOR ME)...it may be different for YOU, however. i have to agree with the posts before me though on hand size, practice and the such...so maybe the pics will help give you an idea...maybe they won't...let me know if you need more and i will email them to ya :)

S5030242.jpg

alexiback.jpg

alexiback12.jpg

Hey thanks that looks pretty good. Sorry for all the hassles, but can you take a few more pictures of your Alexi 600-SE?

That look at the guitar from these angles...

http://www.musik-schmidt.de/osc-schmidt/catalog/images/ESP-Alex-Laiho_5.jpg
http://www.guitarsatbmusic.com.au/esp/readersrigs/images/blackjack_rv350al_wh/rv350al_wh_2.jpg
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/61/alexilaiholikeemnakediv9.jpg

I just really want an accurate comparison of the difference between the upper fret access and heel that this new guitar gives. Thanks again you're awesome.

It's all well giving him an idea of how the fret access is, but it's not like everyone has the same hand size. Ok if you're worried about fret access get a guitar which you feel most comfortable with like the M-1000 mentioned. If it's aesthetics you're wanting most, get the guitar and adapt to playing it, when i got my explorer not so long ago it was a dramatic difference in just about every aspect, to other guitars i've played, but over time I learned to become "one", with guitar if you like.

Yes not everyone has same sized hands but im pretty sure mine ar smaller than his. My hands arent big and fingers short so i think yeah that he will have it easier still than me :lol: