"Alias..." The New In Flames Classic?

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
I just love this song.

It has such a great groove to it. One of the few newer songs that might not have felt out of place with some of the older albums.

Is it your favourite as well? Or is there another song from the new album that works more for you?

Ummm I don't think you're gonna get many people here on your side with that one, buddy. If by "classic" you mean "heavy metal hit" then maybe, but In Flames don't make classics anymore.

I just love this song.

It has such a great groove to it. One of the few newer songs that might not have felt out of place with some of the older albums.

Is it your favourite as well? Or is there another song from the new album that works more for you?

I saw it live tonight.

A boring filler, live and on the album.

Alias classic? Hell no...

If Eraser counts, thats my favorite.

That was my favourite as well, too bad I got sick of it in record time. Now after enough listens I can safely say that my favourites are Condemned (catchiest In Flames chorus ever) and Sleepless Again.

Alias classic? Hell no...

That was my favourite as well, too bad I got sick of it in record time. Now after enough listens I can safely say that my favourites are Condemned (catchiest In Flames chorus ever) and Sleepless Again.

Condemned is catchy indeed, but catchiest in flames song ever? o_O

My favourites are Condemned and Drenched in fear.

Condemned is just one of the few new in flames songs i realy like and the growl of Drenched in fear is stuck in my head for a while now.

Condemned is definately one of the best off the new album, I'm a huge fan of it. The beginning reminds me a little of Transparent with the low, heavy guitars, although loads of people hate Transparent (I'm not one of them) so maybe I shouldn't elaborate... ;D

New classic? Jesus christ. After spinning the disc like 20x against my own will, I can safely say that Alias is my 2nd LEAST favorite song (Chosen Pessimest takes that honor, obviously). Everything I hate about the new record manifests itself in this song. Ander's absolutely atrocious vocal performance is at full force here. Main synth ridden melody sucks (they don't even have a keyboard player why add synth shit?). Accoustics, while nice, seem poppy and pussy given the fact that the rest of the song is radio friendly, less is more garbage. Honestly I know everyone has an opinion, but I just can't fathom how fucking bad some are.

No way, in my opinion In flames haven't made an classic since Colony.
clayman.jpg

I think In Flames should just quit it so Jesper can devote himself completely to Dimension Zero.
They aren't much better, imo. Also, they're kinda generic aggressive melodic death. In Flames is at least kind of unique.

Catchiest In Flames chorus ever, read carefully. That chorus saved what would be an otherwise dull song.

Last edited by a moderator: