all new "NP" thread -

Mr.Gavinator: I loved Mors Principium Est's first album, but the second is godawful. I dont know how a band can turn from such fine music to horrible commerce gothic shit in just one album.
Also, add me on MSN :p

Taliesin said:
Mr.Gavinator: I loved Mors Principium Est's first album, but the second is godawful. I dont know how a band can turn from such fine music to horrible commerce gothic shit in just one album.
Also, add me on MSN :p
Is the second album The Unborn? because I just heard a few tracks off it and I loved em (except the one with the Evanescence style vocals... fuck was that shit? (although it had some right riffs) )... Maybe I'm on about a third album. I'll add you up tonight when I get back from work :)

NP: Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home... More and more this is beginning to feel less and less a guilty pleasure :loco:!

Yea Im talking about The Unborn. I guess Gothic Metal is often more accessible, because it's slower and doesnt use growling that often, like Sirenia, but they do it in a good way. It seems to me MPE are taking the worst and most commercial parts from Melodic Death and Gothic to make a really horrible album.
Some tracks are kinda okish, like "Parasites of Paradise" or "Two Steps away", but in the end I thought it was a huge disappointment. You should check out "Inhumanity" though, that's a good album :)

Taliesin said:
It seems to me MPE are taking the worst and most commercial parts from Melodic Death and Gothic to make a really horrible album.

I don't know how one can see anything gothic in MPE. Perhaps you could elaborate? :err: Anyway I like both of their albums, The Unborn is slightly better in my opinion. Inhumanity would be awesome if it didn't sound so amateurish.

NP: Paco de Lucía - Entre Dos Aguas

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
Judas Priest - Angel Of Retribuition
Satyricon - Now, Diabolical
Coheed And Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1

Bloodbath - Nightmares Made Flesh \m/