All right dudes, what new gear are you getting for christmas?

a pair of KRK Rokit 6's (which i've already opened and set up!) and maybe a TS7 under the tree.

-blue bluebird
-shure ksm27
-m-audio ex66 (300.00 for the pair!)

This would be breaking the bank, but I'm getting it all at cost.

I'm also building my own "hackintosh"

FINALLLY after years of wanting my own studio, i finally got together the cash to buy what i need, and just in time for christmas:)
Just got the last bit of all this ordered today, and it will all be waiting for me when i get home from tour in about a week or so.

New computer
-----------------
ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q6600
500gb sata hard drive
250 gb sata hard drive
4gig ram
GeForce 9600gt(incase i want to game a bit)
dual 19" flat screen monitors
pci firewire card

studio stuff
-------------
Digi 003 rack+factory(the new one with 8 mic pre's)
Mackie MR8 Active Studio Monitors
SMS6000 Adjustable Monitor Stands
Rode NT5 Condenser Microphones
various planet waves cables
various mic booms and mini booms
Shure DMK57 Drum Mic Kit(3 sm57's with a beta 52)
Studio RTA Creation Station Studio Desk with cherry finish

thats all i could afford right now. I'll be getting a good vocal preamp and a good 8 channel preamp for drums when i can afford it, as well as a good vocal mic. I'll also be studying up on what i need to do to sonically treat my room or whatever...not quite sure what i need to do yet.
All in due time my friends:heh:

just got myself a nice new quadcore computer with 8 gig of ram...

might also pickup a copy of ableton live7...

and i would like an mxr carbon copy delay and inspiration to actually write and record new tunes with this stuff!

This is what Im asking my wife to let me get in four months
C24-large.jpg

Got a shopping list.. a Mackie 400F, rack box, buying another Axe FX (just a standard this time), and a Littlelabs Redeye. Maybe a 2x12 cab of some kind if I have money left over.

Hmm, I'd advise against the Onyx 400F - it looks absolutely perfect EXCEPT it doesn't have ADAT inputs, so you're limited to 10 inputs :Smug: If that's not a problem, though, more power to ya, and good call on the Redeye!

Hmm, I'd advise against the Onyx 400F - it looks absolutely perfect EXCEPT it doesn't have ADAT inputs, so you're limited to 10 inputs :Smug: If that's not a problem, though, more power to ya, and good call on the Redeye!

Yup I read bout the ADAT thing :) it'll still work fine for me!

Hopefully:
559709.jpg

Gibson Faded Explorer - RIFF MACHINE

And my sis is getting me a couple of these:
weedreview2.jpg

~006

I've recently got a t.c. electronics konnekt 6, AKG K240 Studio, Peterson Strobostomp, a pair of Adam A7's and a Fender Classic 70's Stratocaster for my home setup, and I hope to get the Pro Tools 8 upgrade for my Mbox2 mini and a Daking Mic Pre One before christmas.

no gear this xmas, just trying to pay all my bills and start 2k9 without owing anything to no one. This alone will be a great gift :)

I'm getting the Micheal Joly premium electronics upgrade mod. New caps, transistors, resistors... ...all top quality. The mod is $89 USD for each mic & there are many people who swear they'll rival KM184's after the mod is done.

I've always loved these mics... and considering I got them for $125 for the pair back in 2001 from Guitar Center, I think I got the deal of the century. A matched pair of these goes for $489 now. I guess they caught on in popularity.

I just got a pair (as seen on my score thread) and I've been thinking about doing this as well. A review of the mod would be awesome.