All right dudes, what new gear are you getting for christmas?

I've opted to go for a bunch of little things instead of the Explorer :\ As much as I hate to, it makes more sense to get the little things (monitor control with headphone control, a couple of mics I've really wanted, etc.) that will help out a ton over just another guitar. Besides, I can buy the guitar myself really any time.

~006

Cool stuff guys!

I'll be buying a quad core PC beast (bless my older one but it wont do anymore), cubase 4, spectrasonics omnisphere, a nice MIDI keyboard and a RME 400 or 800.. can't wait to order everything, allthough i hate having to install everything again.. that will take up a day.

I´m also going to build a new quad core computer and maybe use my old one as sampler host. A new pair of Sennheiser HD600 wouldn´t hurt and perhaps an ENGL head... Right now I´m leaning towards the Blackmore.

Im going to stop buying gear i dont need as it tends to distract me from making music. I want to start writing some new material for our band play more guitar and start an electronic music side project at some stage next year.

Well...got my Ibanez S470DXQuilted Maple yesterday...only to find a HUGE crack in the finish on the backside. Returning it tomorrow. HOWEVER...while browsing through other guitars...I've decided to replace it with this:

566622.jpg

The price is just too good for this good of a guitar. I've always wanted a Schecter anyway, and damn this is sweet looking. Sorry Marcus...it's Schecter, which I know you don't like...and it's not blue...so I can't be in the blue guitar club. :)

Haha, you're killing me Mark! (and know me all too well :)) Still, if you're happy with it, that's what counts, and I agree, a neck-thru guitar with EMG's AND an OFR for <$1k is a steal to be sure.

Haha, you're killing me Mark! (and know me all too well :)) Still, if you're happy with it, that's what counts, and I agree, a neck-thru guitar with EMG's AND an OFR for <$1k is a steal to be sure.

$599 at zzounds...for a Hellraiser! Solid Mahogany body and neck, EMG81/89 pickups, OFR (not licensed knock-offs). It's a freakin' steal! The only concern is, I've never been a fan of the typical FR...something about the way it feels on my palm. But I LOVE the Ibanez Edge on my old RG. But...for this price...I'll make myself get used to it! :D Also...it's on backorder until Dec. 27th (hopefully). But that's okay...I was planning on working on 80's metal type stuff over my 2 week Christmas break, and my Ibby RG550 is already setup perfectly for that kind of stuff. I'll learn a lesson in patience. :)

$599 at zzounds...for a Hellraiser! Solid Mahogany body and neck, EMG81/89 pickups, OFR (not licensed knock-offs). It's a freakin' steal! The only concern is, I've never been a fan of the typical FR...something about the way it feels on my palm. But I LOVE the Ibanez Edge on my old RG. But...for this price...I'll make myself get used to it! :D Also...it's on backorder until Dec. 27th (hopefully). But that's okay...I was planning on working on 80's metal type stuff over my 2 week Christmas break, and my Ibby RG550 is already setup perfectly for that kind of stuff. I'll learn a lesson in patience. :)

thats what i have :D the hellraiser is an amazing guitar for the price!!!

All the high end import guitars Jackson/LTD/Shecter all in fact use non original OFR's.

Wat? :ill:

They are Korean made OFR's and not German made (Floyd still makes them though). My RR24 which states to have an OFR had the Korean version. Replaced it with a true OFR.

Check the baseplate for the Made in Germany stamp.

However, the korean models work fine but probably will loose their knife edges in the long run.

All the high end import guitars Jackson/LTD/Shecter all in fact use non original OFR's.

Wat? :ill:

They are Korean made OFR's and not German made (Floyd still makes them though). My RR24 which states to have an OFR had the Korean version. Replaced it with a true OFR.

Check the baseplate for the Made in Germany stamp.

However, the korean models work fine but probably will loose their knife edges in the long run.

Thanks for the info. I'm def no expert on FR, as I've always stayed away from them. I really prefer the feeling of the Ibanez Edge...at least the one on my old 550. At any rate, it's going to take some getting used to the feel of it.

Thanks for the info. I'm def no expert on FR, as I've always stayed away from them. I really prefer the feeling of the Ibanez Edge...at least the one on my old 550. At any rate, it's going to take some getting used to the feel of it.

The Edge is amazing, that's for sure.

I wish it would drop into an OFR cavity.

Sell me your 550 :lol:

I have an RR24 and the floyd on that feels exactly the same as one I bought to replace a cheap jackson floyd when the knife edge fucked up, so I don't see the step up in quality myself.

I had a spare OFR, that's why it was replaced.

Not my good old 550. I'd sell you another Lee Jackson if I had it...but not parting ways with old faithful. ;)

:lol:

I must see pics of the 550 then.

:lol:

I must see pics of the 550 then.

I'll dig up something later. Nothing special to look at. Just black body (not even sure of the wood type...bought it 10 years ago from a pawn shop...probably basswood though), custom solid black pick guard instead of the kind with the white edge, maple neck/fretboard, Edge trem, and an SD George Lynch Screamin' Demon at the bridge. Perfect for my Dokken-ish 80's stuff. :)

I'll dig up something later. Nothing special to look at. Just black body (not even sure of the wood type...bought it 10 years ago from a pawn shop...probably basswood though), custom solid black pick guard instead of the kind with the white edge, maple neck/fretboard, Edge trem, and an SD George Lynch Screamin' Demon at the bridge. Perfect for my Dokken-ish 80's stuff. :)

SOunds like the Lee Jackson should be in that chain somewhere. :lol:

Good job, notice any difference?

Feels solid, I put the original trem on an ESP and it works well too.

The german made OFR is 5-6 years old with a lot of abuse, might need the edges to be filled a bit.