All you need to know about Finnish language...

Many years ago, when I was just a kid, there was couple italians visiting our school. One of my teachers gave salmiakki to them and I think none of them liked it. Couple of them spitted it out. And I was like whaat? Italians are weird :p

I don't like salmiakki at all. It's :erk:

@valkokukka: Finnish langauge does have hidden meanings! If you ask someone "Onko maitoa?", the person will immediately understand that you want milk. There's lots of more examples, but I have never encountered a person in Finland who wouldn't understand what I want when I'm asking for something indirectly.

I guess I'm not a real Finn then. :lol: I don't curse. I never picked up the habit. :rolleyes:

Well, I think you're real Finn enough even though you don't curse :D Just think that we others are bad persons because we curse. As long as you like salmiakki and sauna, I think everything is ok :p

I
@valkokukka: but I have never encountered a person in Finland who wouldn't understand what I want when I'm asking for something indirectly.

Maybe my teacher had met all those who don't understand :). I usually understand, but not always, there has been many situations where I realize hours later what was really asked.

Well, I think you're real Finn enough even though you don't curse :D Just think that we others are bad persons because we curse. As long as you like salmiakki and sauna, I think everything is ok :p
I don't curse either, but but I like Sauna and Salmiakki. Does anyone know a Finn that doesn't like Salmiakki (or at least Salmiakkikossu)?

Does anyone know a Finn that doesn't like Salmiakki (or at least Salmiakkikossu)?

I know but those are just little kids who don't know yet what is actually good :) Salmiakki and Salmiakkikossu....mm, I like both :D But I have to wait 4 years before I can by it by myself...sucks

well salmiakki is licqorice (spelling???) and this kosu thing is a booze with the taste of salmiakki.

Yeah salmiakkikossu is good and then there is also very good booze called Tyrnävän hunajaviina. IMO tastes very nice.

When I searched for the company that makes it I found an Impaled Nazarene interview. On the interview I found out that on the gig singer Mika Luttinen has yelled to audience that the only true Satan worshipping drink is Tyrnävän hunajaviina. :D

So it has been approved by black metal masters! \,,/ \,,/

well salmiakki is liquorice (spelling???) and this kosu thing is a booze with the taste of salmiakki.
And its very good^^ Salmiakkikossu tastes like strong salmiakki...but because it tastes so good, you easily drink it too much and too fast and you get quickly drunk...so if you want to get drunk quickly, just drink Koskenkorva!

I don't like Kossu at all, so I like to make Salmiakkikossu to the Finlandia Vodka, and use Tyrkisk Peber candies of course :headbang: .

At some point all my friends were really into Vicks Blue Vodka, it was like Salmiakkikossu, just made of Vicks Blue candies and vodka and served ice cold. I don't remember if it was good or not :heh: .

One thing I thought about yesterday:
Uusi sopimus = New contract
Uusi sopimus = Renew the contract

I wonder how easily non native Finnish talkers can hear the difference? I was thinking other day how easily we can triple the length of the word so easily by adding suffixes to end for example kissa -> kissastaansakaan (cat -> "for his cat either" or something like that?!?).

What does Alexi say at the beginning of 'Somebody Put Something in My Drink' and 'Oops! I Did It Again' in finnish and what does it mean in english??

Thanks you all for helping...

No idea what the finnish version is,but:
Alexi: "Hey guys, I will really go now..."
Janne: "Before you leave, look what I brought for you!"
Alexi: "Goddammit, looking good, isn't this a...?"
Janne: "Yeah yeah, sixpack yes."
Alexi: "Ohh, this wasn't necessary my friend... and besides, we are having some hooch here..."
Janne: "I know, but this is for tomorrow morning!"

...who would have thought they talk about beer again...?!XD

Kossu taste like shit makes u puke right after, just get Suomiviina or Finlandia Vodka PERKELE.
Vittu mä lähen himaan=Fuck im goin to home
Ime kasseja=Suck my ballz
Anna pesää=Gimme some pussy(nest)
Suomalainen ottaa Vodkan jäillä ruotsalainen jätkän voilla=Finish takes a Vodka on rocks swedish guy takes a guy with butter WTF:D
Hanuri=(ass) and some music instrument that used to play säkkijärven polkka
Well u can always listen really funny drinking songs by Eläkeläiset i know that germans love em.
Rock that!

i have a wierd request :/

(first of all.. sorry about not reading the entire 50 pages lol.. but i bet no one will blame me :D)

hope its not mentioned already...
writing is fun to know... but what about pronounciation?
would it be possible if some Finnish people also recorded some words we ask? :/

just a stupid idea lol