All you need to know about Finnish language...

Hell, I wish i spoke Finnish!!!!! Perkele! ;)
Seems to be quite difficult to learn, tho i'd always been good at languages and literary stuff at school...hmm
Nutsy gotta learn SUOMESKI!!!

What's

PISSA JA KAKKA HOUSUIHIN PAKKA ?

I read it on a toilet of a local venue yesterday and it sounds so fuckin stupid to me, I really wonder what childish shit it is....
:confused:

Morbid In Rock said:
But "shut the fuck up" can be "Nyt turpa kiinni, perkele" ??? Something else to say the same thing????
Thanks!!!

Nyt vittu turpa kiinni!
Se vitun lärvi umpeen!
Pidä se pääs kiinni!
Naama umpeen nyt, saatana!
Leipälärvi peruslukemille, hippi.

You should manage with these, thought "pää kiinni" and "turpa kiinni" are the most common translations for "shut the fuck up". You can add "vittu" in the beginning or "saatana" in the end of those two sentences to make them sound more powerful. Alternatively, if you forget how to say those things, you can just shout "SAATANA!!!" and hit with a baseball bat.

Some more usefull finnish words

Kitara : Guitar
Skitta : Slang word for Guitar
Vahvistin/Vahvari : Amplifier
Kaapeli : Cable
Kitaristi : Guitarist
Basisti : Bass Player
Rumpali : Drummer
Keissi : Case (For guitar etc.)

Some expressions...

"Onko tulta?" : Got a light? (Zippo etc.)
"Paskan Marjat!" : Shit Berries, but the meaning means "Oh goddamn!"
"Kommari homo" : Communist Fuck! :loco:

Sorry if i said some that were used, i just didnt have the time or patience to read the whole thread! :p

Midnightblueshade said:
Bodom-järvellä sattuu ja tapahtuu...color]

Heh, well, it kind of has an hidden message in itself... Sattuu = Happens, OR Hurts... It means both... Make any sense now?

Its like,

At the Bodom lake, things hurt and happen...

Meh, well, you have to know finnish to get the difference, it doenst sound half as good in english as it does in finnish! :loco:

=/ I guess it can be used for that too, but it actualy means like "Goddamn" or such... Ofcourse it could be like, "Your bullshitting me!" but, eh, whatever!

Dim3 said:
Heh, well, it kind of has an hidden message in itself... Sattuu = Happens, OR Hurts... It means both... Make any sense now?

Its like,

At the Bodom lake, things hurt and happen...

Meh, well, you have to know finnish to get the difference, it doenst sound half as good in english as it does in finnish! :loco:

Kiitos! Yeah, if it's some kind of pun it's hard to translate it. Entä mitä tarkoittaa lausen toinen osa? Ylempissä tekstissä sinä unohdit kääntää "keyboarder", nyt me emme voi puhua Jannesta :cry: :D

@oceanqueen44 Thank you, great link! And no, it hasn't been posted here before, so I bookmarked it immediately! :)

Midnightblueshade said:
Kiitos! Yeah, if it's some kind of pun it's hard to translate it. Entä mitä tarkoittaa lausen toinen osa? Ylempissä tekstissä sinä unohdit kääntää "keyboarder", nyt me emme voi puhua Jannesta :cry: :D

@oceanqueen44 Thank you, great link! And no, it hasn't been posted here before, so I bookmarked it immediately! :)

Great! You are quite welcome!!!! I found that page by accident actually. I think it's a great site!! ;)

I know it's been mentioned before in this thread, but does anyone know the dialogue at the start of "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" in English?

It's been annoying me cause I don't know!