American Football Thread

Dick Sirloin said:
Someone better call Vegas with this stunning new development. :lol:

You know, when I said this I didn't even know Markgugs had had a gambling problem. What an asshole I am!

Seattle will probably beat Carolina, I'm afraid. Losing Foster and possibly Peppers might be too much to overcome. But you never know.

Pittsburgh should take Denver in Mile High, methinks. Seriously, that team is on a roll!

Dick Sirloin said:
Seattle will probably beat Carolina, I'm afraid. Losing Foster and possibly Peppers might be too much to overcome. But you never know.

Foster wasn't a huge part of Carolina's success this year. Goings has proven himself in the past to be a more than capable backup when called upon.

As far as Peppers is concerned, the initial diagnosis is that the injury is not too serious and Peppers has already declared that he will play on Sunday.

Seattle certainly is capable of winning the game, but I don't think injuries will be a huge factor going into the game.

Dikka v. the entire NFC

Dikka 21, NFC 12 but only because Dikka tried to call timeout during the 3rd quarter but the ref didn't see him, and got a safety on accident.

heard on Dan Patrick that Delhomme has the highest playoff quarterback rating EVER.

EVER> that"s fucking amazing>

I"m kind of glad the pats lost> now the pressure is off and i can watch the rest of the playoffs dispassionately> what is wrong with this fucking keyboard aaaargh>>>@##

payton manning sucks hahahahaha did you hear him blame his offensive line after the game hahahahahahahaha

if true, these two are a real couple of assholes.

Reports: Money differences leave QBs out
ESPN.com news services

When the NFL unveiled its MVPs from the previous 39 Super Bowls, only three living members skipped the ceremony.

Former 49ers quarterback Joe Montana and former Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw decided to stay home, while former Dolphins MVP Jake Scott was traveling in Australia.

Montana, the league's only three-time Super Bowl MVP, turned down the invitation over money, Newsday and the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

Bradshaw, who told league officials that he wanted to be with his family, also took issue with the fees, the Chronicle reported. Bradshaw, through a representative, denied the Chronicle's report that there was a dispute over money.

Former MVPs were given $1,000 for incidental expenses while in Detroit, along with other amenities such as plane tickets, car rental and game tickets.

Sources told each paper that Montana asked for a guarantee of at least $100,000 in appearance money.

When the league balked at Montana's demands, the quarterback declined to be in attendance.

Ummm, this is when the world of Work v. Sports collides:

acme_head.jpg

Helping the Troy Aikman Foundation is just one of the reasons to build your home with Acme Brick

Quality conscious homebuyers know to look for the Acme Brick Company logo stamped into selected brick. When you see the Acme name, you can be sure that the brick are:

* Hard-fired for lasting strength. Every brick that bears the Acme name is made from premium clay, blended for color, and hard-fired in computer-controlled kilns at temperatures that often exceed two thousand degrees. Result: a brick that will outlast your mortgage and will stay beautiful without painting, sealing, or other treatment.
* Tested for durability and safety. The Acme name is your assurance that the brick on the home exceed the standards of all local building codes.
* American-made by an American-owned company. Acme operates more than 20 brick plants throughout the Southwest and Midwest, and our headquarters are in Texas.
* Guaranteed for 100 years. We guarantee that our brick will endure sub-freezing cold, will withstand blistering heat, and will remain beautiful for 100 years.

As you shop for a new home, remember that you have a choice in brick. So choose wisely. Don't settle for imported adobe, concrete, or so-called antique brick. Look for the Acme name and insist on Acme Brick. The Acme Brick logo is easy to spot - along windowsills or at corners of homes where two Acme Brick walls intersect. If you don't see the Acme name, check with the builder.

We use a lot of Acme Brick WTF.