Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

I'm quite sure that is where the leak has come from. but anyways yeah told you guys. this is heaviest thing they have done in quite awhile since WOOOS and Vs the World. The more and more I listen to this album the more I love the old school vintage feeling to some of the songs. We Shall Destroy is good (my one friend pointed out that the one part is totally White Zombie Thunderkiss 65 and he is right the drums and guitars do match but im sure it wasn't intentional) and its fucking awesome and works specially with Johan's perfect lyrics. I like that track alot but it has nothing on As Loke Falls, Under Siege, Blood Eagle, COMING OF THE TIDE (pure fucking AA at it's best) and Warriors of the North imo.

I have got Father of the Wolf tabbed :) If you want it it is on the queue for tabs waiting to be accepted on ultimate-guitar.com

I'll do We Shall Destroy next I think

edit: Change of plan, Under Siege :p

The intro to Blood Eagle makes me wince every time, it's really gruesome.

Haha yeah it is...but I can't help it, it turns my face into a big grin every time so far after the initial "uurgh"-feeling :D

Does this make me a bad person? :lol:

Really getting into the album after a few spins :)
All songs are at least decent (Blood Eagle, Hel) to amazingly fantastic (We Shall Destroy, Warriors of the North)

WSD reminds me in some parts of Gods of War Arise. Melody is quite similar. But I love this one so I don't care ^^
Warriors of the North gives me the Victorious March feeling :headbang:

Deceiver of the Gods is a great album. In fact, I believe it is one of the best albums AA has ever released. So, I decided to do a little experiment to see which AA album is the best, in my opinion. Using a very unscientific method I came up with an answer. All I did was list all nine full length albums (excluding bonus material obviously) and ranked all of the track 1 songs against each other , then track 2, track 3, etc. I ranked them from 1 (the best) to 9 (the worst) (no ties) and factored tracks that had fewer than 9 songs to average them out better. I added the totals for each album and divided by the number of tracks. The lower the number, the better the album. Obviously these are just based on my opinion. We would all get different results if we were to rank the songs. There are some tracks that historically feature great songs (1, 4, 7 and 10 are tough). Anyway here are my results:

Versus the World (3.37)
With Oden on Our Side (3.60)
Deceiver of the Gods (3.66)
Once Sent from the Golden Hall (4.57)
The Crusher (4.96)
Twilight of the Thundergod (5.19)
Surtur Rising (6.40)
Fate of Norns (7.09)
The Avenger (7.43)

Yes, I had too much time on my hands today...:)

Sounds interesting ^^
What did you mean by factoring out the tracks when there are less than nine?

So to avoid unfairly weighting the albums with more tracks I took the number of albums, 9, divided by the number of albums that had that track. All the albums have 7 tracks. 7 albums have 8 tracks (6 albums, 9 tracks and 3 albums, 10 tracks). So track 8s receive a weighting = Track Rank * (9/7).

For example here are my track 9 rankings. 6 albums have track 9 so the constant 9/6 = 1.5 is multiplied to each ranking

Live for the Kill 1 * 1.5 = 1.5
Coming of the Tide 2 * 1.5 = 3
Prediction of Warfare 3 * 1.5 = 4.5
A Beast Am I 4 * 1.5 = 6
Releasing Surtur's Fire 5 *1.5 = 7.5
And Soon the World Will Cease to Be 6 * 1.5 = 9

Like I said, too much time...

Have to say, 'Hel' is the 'Where is your God?' of this album.

It's gonna be the song I skip every time it comes on, either on shuffle or when listening through the album. I honestly cannot stand it

can't find it anywhere :-/

It hasnt been accepted into the Ultimate-guitar database yet. When you submit a tab it goes into a queue system and has to be accepted by an admit. Mine is in the queue. I think you can only see the tabs in the queue if you have an ultimate-guitar account.

I can private message it to you if you want

It hasnt been accepted into the Ultimate-guitar database yet. When you submit a tab it goes into a queue system and has to be accepted by an admit. Mine is in the queue. I think you can only see the tabs in the queue if you have an ultimate-guitar account.

I can private message it to you if you want

i would like to , thank youuuu ;)

Have to say, 'Hel' is the 'Where is your God?' of this album.

It's gonna be the song I skip every time it comes on, either on shuffle or when listening through the album. I honestly cannot stand it

Ha! I love Hel! I like Doom though and this song has an awesome Doom vibe to it.

Actually, the only song which I haven't fully embraced is Father of the Wolf.

Regardless, I know we are all ready for We Shall Destroy live in a small club with a bunch of serious AA fans! I cannot wait for that!

Haha, there's the clear difference between me and you then. Father of the Wolf is one of my favourite songs!

I'm intrigued to see AA play We Shall Destroy live. I mean, honestly, their songs are all easy to play on guitar (I've never come across a "hard" AA song off any of their previous albums) but this album has lots of tricky guitar parts. That song in particular is really fast, and to be honest I didnt think the guitarists were capable of playing such things :D Especially Ted with the bass line following the guitar in that song haha

Anyway here are my results:

Versus the World (3.37)
With Oden on Our Side (3.60)
Deceiver of the Gods (3.66)
Once Sent from the Golden Hall (4.57)
The Crusher (4.96)
Twilight of the Thundergod (5.19)
Surtur Rising (6.40)
Fate of Norns (7.09)
The Avenger (7.43)

Yes, I had too much time on my hands today...:)

I like that list. I would probably have mine in a very similar order.