Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

Thank you veeeeery much for this ;)

Ok here's what i think about each song :
Deceiver Of The Gods : i love it, it really surprised me when i first listened to it, great riffs and melodies
As Loke Falls : i like the tapping, but i like the rythm even more, i think the combination is working great
Father Of Wolf : the first riff sounds like For Victory Or Death so i really like it, gotta listen to it to say a final word
Shape Shifter : I think this one will my favorite of the album, i really love it
Under Siege : I love the first riff, I'm really curious about how they will change these aggressive guitars into the calm riff we hear in Forging Mjölnir
Blood Eagle : A normal one for me, gotta listen to the whole thing to say something about it
We Shall Destroy : I love LOVE that riff, it sounds like a Lamb Of God riff and I really love it, will be my favorite alongside Shape Shifter
Hel : I don't like the orchestral thing, but the riffs sounds pretty good, can't say much about it now
Coming Of the Tide : I think this one will make my arm suffer while playing it on guitar :p , i like it
Warriors of the North : sounds something like Doom Over Dead Man which is my favorite song up until now, hope it will have an epic second part, i love its lyrics

Tooooo bad the album will not be released in Morocco :'( I have to wait untill i go to Europe to buy it (maybe next month, but still not sure about it)

Yeah, I listened to Construct once and that was enough. I don't mind if a band changes it up but it's nice when the music is still good...

If you really like DT give Construct time to grow, it definately does.
Yes, it dos sound different.
Yes, the guitar work is not their best effort.
Yes, there are some parts that may be a bit awkward at first (and some still are ^^)

But DT never fail to deliver very good albums. It's just not as obvious with Construct at first. Give it a fair chance ;)
We are the Void needed several weeks for me to grow....Construct needed about two weeks. It's worth it :)

Got the sample clip of As Loke Falls tabbed out now. Got a headstart for whenever it's leaked/released :D

If you really like DT give Construct time to grow, it definately does.
Yes, it dos sound different.
Yes, the guitar work is not their best effort.
Yes, there are some parts that may be a bit awkward at first (and some still are ^^)

But DT never fail to deliver very good albums. It's just not as obvious with Construct at first. Give it a fair chance ;)
We are the Void needed several weeks for me to grow....Construct needed about two weeks. It's worth it :)

I do really like DT. One of my issues is I have too much to listen to right now! COB, Sabbath, Kalmah, Black Dahlia Murder, ChthoniC, Evile, Fejd, Thundra, etc. And, besides AA, I looking forward to Manegarm, Tyr and Turisas still to come this year! Oh, and Satyricon too!!!! Holy cow, what a year for metal!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do really like DT. One of my issues is I have too much to listen to right now! COB, Sabbath, Kalmah, Black Dahlia Murder, ChthoniC, Evile, Fejd, Thundra, etc. And, besides AA, I looking forward to Manegarm, Tyr and Turisas still to come this year! Oh, and Satyricon too!!!! Holy cow, what a year for metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RMLztRAT4

Yeah that's alwas the problem. Too much good music and too less time to really listen to it. I know this all too well :D

Cause with all the new staff when should you listen to the old stuff that is equally good...

But music doesn't run away ;)

AA samples sound descent...can't wait to listen to the full songs :)

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods

Amon Amarth's latest release is like a nice heated pool for me. It alters your sense of balance while being warm and comfortable. And not unlike a pool, it is also full of danger and can drown you if you're not careful.

This album delivers from start to finish through 10 tracks of trademark Amon Amarth. It is never boring. It is immediately familiar without being tired or repetitive. For my money, the heart of the order on Deceiver of the Gods is tracks 6 through 8.

Blood Eagle may be my new favorite song. Of all time. By any band. The intro is what I can only assume is what it sounds like to gut a man, the opening riff is goose bump inducing and with lyrics like "spread your lungs like eagle's wings" this song is an instant classic. This cut should be a permanent addition to their live set list.

Track 7, We Shall Destroy, is a fast-paced romp that channels old school White Zombie.

The last of the triumvirate is "Hel," featuring revered Candlemass frontman Messiah Marcolin. This track is a wicked combination of Johan Hegg's deep death vocals and Marcolin's soaring vocal range that works so naturally together it is reminiscent of a magical amalgamation of Amon Amarth and Iron Maiden.

Every other song is solid, decidedly Amon Amarth and sure to appease true fans and noobs, alike. Get your hands on this as soon as possible.

10/10.

-jeromewasfired

A couple of the songs are tuned to D Standard by the way, if there's any fellow guitar players on here.

It's a real pain unless you had two or more guitars lol

A couple of the songs are tuned to D Standard by the way, if there's any fellow guitar players on here.

It's a real pain unless you had two or more guitars lol

I'd rather say A Standard because i don't see Oli and Johan playing on D guitars but rather A ones as in Guardians of Asgaard

I'd rather say A Standard because i don't see Oli and Johan playing on D guitars but rather A ones as in Guardians of Asgaard

Asgaard is Drop A, not A standard. And we already know there's somewhat of a mix on this album since Deceiver is B Standard and Shape Shifter is Drop A. As a guitar player, two tunings for Amon songs is already enough of a pain in the arse, so I'm dreading any D Standard songs haha.

Well, I obviously need the whole songs to know for 100% sure, but from the 30 second clips I've heard and tabbed out, Under Siege is in D standard and As Loke Falls is a strong possibility too (though I've tabbed in in B for now)

Asgaard is Drop A, not A standard. And we already know there's somewhat of a mix on this album since Deceiver is B Standard and Shape Shifter is Drop A. As a guitar player, two tunings for Amon songs is already enough of a pain in the arse, so I'm dreading any D Standard songs haha.

I'm not good at all at music theory :D so if u say it's Drop A then it's Drop A :D
and yeah it is a pain in the ass to have two tunings for a band especially if you have one guitar :/