Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

B to drop A isnt a problem, as it's only 1 string and even with a floyd rose you can use the fine tuner if you set it up a certain way, but a whole step (or more/less) up or down from their "normal" tuning is just horrible.

It's actually one of the reasons I love Amon Amarth as a guitar player, I can play any of their songs in one go without touching the tuning. Well that's out the window now

B to drop A isnt a problem, as it's only 1 string and even with a floyd rose you can use the fine tuner if you set it up a certain way

Any tips on how to do this? I have a Jackson Kelly with a floyd tuned for B standard, but the fine tuner doesn't tune the string low enough to go down to drop A. Not to mention tuning one string down always puts the rest out of tune.

Any tips on how to do this? I have a Jackson Kelly with a floyd tuned for B standard, but the fine tuner doesn't tune the string low enough to go down to drop A. Not to mention tuning one string down always puts the rest out of tune.

Wind the fine tuner on the low B string all the way in (well not ALL the way so it gets stuck, maybe one or two twists from being all the way in), then unlock your locking nut (only the one over B and E) and re-tune the low B to B. Then lock it and you should have a tuned low B string with the fine tuner almost all the way down, then when you need drop A, you have loads of turns on the fine tuner to get it low enough to A.

Hope that made sense :p I have done that on my Jackson and 7 string Ibanez and it works perfectly

I have it on pre-order and will be away on holiday when it arrives, so it's more like 3 weeks when I'll hear it. Doesnt matter, they'll be on youtube in the coming days anyway

Welp, just finished my first listen through, and it is a damn good album. I think my favourite from one listen was We Shall Destroy. Still looking forward to my limited edition boxset pre-order arriving though.

After a listen to the whole songs, it sounds like all songs are actually tuned to B. Yay, thank god for that

Just got it on the hard drive...will listen to it later tonight.
Couldn't wait to get my hands on it too...
Still of course waiting for the original including artwork lyrics and the bonus songs :)
I'm really looking forward to hear what they've done there. Maybe this is some straight heavy metal stuff. Can't think of Johan doing these kind of vocals though o_O

my first listen! i'm speechless I FUCKING LOVE IT!!! the melodies in the Warriors Of The North! goddamn, and it sounds like a very difficult album on guitar! I love that!!