Amon Amarth Studio Updates 2012

So to avoid unfairly weighting the albums with more tracks I took the number of albums, 9, divided by the number of albums that had that track. All the albums have 7 tracks. 7 albums have 8 tracks (6 albums, 9 tracks and 3 albums, 10 tracks). So track 8s receive a weighting = Track Rank * (9/7).

For example here are my track 9 rankings. 6 albums have track 9 so the constant 9/6 = 1.5 is multiplied to each ranking

Live for the Kill 1 * 1.5 = 1.5
Coming of the Tide 2 * 1.5 = 3
Prediction of Warfare 3 * 1.5 = 4.5
A Beast Am I 4 * 1.5 = 6
Releasing Surtur's Fire 5 *1.5 = 7.5
And Soon the World Will Cease to Be 6 * 1.5 = 9

Like I said, too much time...

Thank you for the reminder why I never liked math in school :D

As Loke Falls tabbed and submitted now :D

You can see my tabs for Shape Shifter, Father of the Wolf, Under Siege, Deceiver of the Gods and We Shall Destroy on ultimate-guitar.com now.

As Loke Falls should be on there soon

As Loke Falls tabbed and submitted now :D

You can see my tabs for Shape Shifter, Father of the Wolf, Under Siege, Deceiver of the Gods and We Shall Destroy on ultimate-guitar.com now.

As Loke Falls should be on there soon

man you really are quick and accurate :D i'm waiting for the whole album to be tabbed out :D

This Album is a beast... holy crapness, great... I wasnt that exited about the last two, but this one kicks major ass!!! Haven found a "weak" Song so far... all great songs, some stand out, but none falls down... awesome :)

so far. Blood eagle, We Shall destroy and Warriors of the North are kicking it hard for me... lets see how that goes after more runs :)

Warriors of the north gave me such a case of goosebumps that even the beard bristles on my cheek stood at attention. I think I felt a tear as well. Bloody awesome album closer.

Thank you for the reminder why I never liked math in school :D

Same to me, I'm also confused.:D Somehow great however.:)
Maybe this kind of blossom into statistics actually is a side-effect by listening very often to the new album.;) Makes me even more curious.

Loving this album, Surtur Rising was just "so-so" by AA standards (specially considering how awesome the 2 previous albums where). But I think this album will rank among my favorites, really loving "As Loke Falls", "Under Siege", "We Shall Destroy" and "Warriors Of The North".

Warriors of the North is a bastard to tab! Getting through it slowly.. taking wayyyy longer than other tabs haha

So have you people figured out more info about the bonus disc? Which bands they are covering? Apparently Judas Priest and Motörhead. Some sources call it influences CD and some call it covers CD. Could it be something else than standard covers EP? Perhaps those are cover medleys and titled creatively not to immediately give away the name of the original artist. I don't recall for example Judas Priest having a song titled Satan Rising, Snake Eyes or any of those. Best option might be that those are original songs that sound like said bands and didn't fit the actual album, but i really doubt that.

So have you people figured out more info about the bonus disc? Which bands they are covering? Apparently Judas Priest and Motörhead. Some sources call it influences CD and some call it covers CD. Could it be something else than standard covers EP? Perhaps those are cover medleys and titled creatively not to immediately give away the name of the original artist. I don't recall for example Judas Priest having a song titled Satan Rising, Snake Eyes or any of those. Best option might be that those are original songs that sound like said bands and didn't fit the actual album, but i really doubt that.

I do not know for sure but I believe they are original songs. It is an EP and nowhere on the official site, etc. has it said they are covers. Plus, like you mentioned, I have never heard of any of those songs. I think the guys had fun doing the three covers for Surtur Rising and wanted to do something completely different that they knew couldn't be part of the album. I can't wait to hear it.

on Amazon it says the following about the EP:
Die Bonus-CD enthält vier weitere neue Songs, die im Stil der Hard Rock- und Metal-Legenden schlechthin Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Motörhead und AC/DC eingespielt wurden.

The Bonus-CD contains four more new songs, which have been recorded in the style of the Hard Rock- and Heavy Metal-Legends Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Motörhead and AC/DC.

Finally!!!! Today the DOTG cd came in the mail:headbang:
It´s a masterpiece I must say :worship:
Really love it and my favourite track is Warriors of the North, such an epic beast!

Ha! I love Hel! I like Doom though and this song has an awesome Doom vibe to it.

Actually, the only song which I haven't fully embraced is Father of the Wolf.

Regardless, I know we are all ready for We Shall Destroy live in a small club with a bunch of serious AA fans! I cannot wait for that!

Just listened to Hel for the first time, I really like it. Think Messiah's vocals works well and the doomy feeling of it is a nice change that I think works well.

Not sure if it'll fit a regular AA live show, but I do know my doom loving friends will go nuts for this one.

I'm listening to the "Under the Influence" EP right now. You guys are going to die laughing when you hear the lyrics for the last song "Stand Up to Go Down"!
:lol:

It's about doin' it with a seven foot tall girl.

Okay, here goes.

I catch her eye in a NY bar
You were looking down at me
An angel in black measuring in at just over 7 feet
Some fellas like their women short
Some fellas like them round
But me, I like the kind of girl
That makes me stand up to go down!

chorus

Stand up to go down
No man is going to throw her around
When we make out I can't reach,