Amon Amarth to tour Europe with Dimmu Borgir !

Never heard of them, they should have just let AA have a longer set. That would be awesome :D

Well I'm "singing" black and death metal since six month doing training nearly every day. I still can only keep the good quality of my voice for about 20min. Maybe thats the reason why the AA shows are quite short. Cannibal Corpse for excample played for 45min on With full Force and George told that it is like doing sit-ups to keep his sound after a while :headbang:

Also you have to give a chance to new bands :zombie:

>.> I seen that tour when they came through the states and Canada, and the line up for it is WAY better this time around. Mind you, we had Devil Driver which is okay. Wouldn't have minded them getting replaced with Amon Amarth though. <3 They're on my to see list.

I'm also going to the show in Brussels. A friend at work will join together with her 13 year old son and two of his friends...but I don't mind (young) teenagers. I was a young teenager myself when I started to listen to metal.

Have been at the gig in Cologne, Germany yesterday!AA played for aproximately 1 hour... Dimmu Borgir... not my stuff... the first support band Hatesphere did not show up why so ever... instead a band called Engel took their part... Anyway we went for Amon Amarth :worship: ... Anyone got the playlist?
Vikings Rule!!

Found a reviw of the tour from some guy on last.fm:
http://www.last.fm/user/SpHaeR/journal/2007/09/25/533861/

This seems to be the setlist:

Amon Amarth:
Valhall Awaits Me
Runes to My Memory
Death in Fire
Cry of the Black Birds
The Fate of Norns
Asator
Victorious March
The Pursuit of Vikings

Dimmu Borgir:
Progenies of the Great Apocalypse
Vredesbyrd
Puritania
Sympozium
The Serpentine Offering
The Chosen Legacy
The Sinister Awakening
A Succubus in Rapture
Fear and Wonder
Blessings upon the Throne of Tyranny
Sorgens Kammer &#8211; Del II
The Insight and the Catharsis

Seems to be the set from yesterday also... as for me they couldve dropped of DB and give AA a full show set!:kickass: waiting to see the guys on their next headliner tour!

Setlist looks like the set they played in Amsterdam as well.

Has Ted been present for the rest of the shows, by the way? He wasn't for the Amsterdam gig, some Steve guy did the bass in his stead.

Shame that Dimmu didn't play Kings Of The Carnival Creation, by the way. One of my favourites along with Puritania and Sorgens Kammer Del II.

what happened to Ted?

Setlist looks like the set they played in Amsterdam as well.

Has Ted been present for the rest of the shows, by the way? He wasn't for the Amsterdam gig, some Steve guy did the bass in his stead.

Shame that Dimmu didn't play Kings Of The Carnival Creation, by the way. One of my favourites along with Puritania and Sorgens Kammer Del II.

Dunno, they didn't say. Johan did announce that Ted couldn't make it and so this Steve guy was playing in his stead, but not what happened. I'm guessing sickness?

would like to add the encores to the dimmu setlist for the cologne gig... just to have them all together ;)

The Sacrilegious Scorn, Grotesquery Conceiled, Mourning Palace, Outro

AA show was amazing and they're such friendly guys, always fooling around but they also seemed to be quited tired and exhausted. the first 2 gigs on tour must have been a heavy party ;)
so, just working on the pics I did. light was shitty but well, gonna make the best out of them ;)

have a blast on the shows you gonna attend! it's worth :) cheers!

i've been to the show in cologne and it was great!! :headbang:

didn't took any pics, was too busy with listening and headbanging and getting myself out of the moshpit..:lol: (damn i hate moshing^^)

met johan hegg and fredrik after the concert and had the tourposter signed by them..

the concert was really great, i even think about going to the show in hamburg next month..

amonamarthfv7.jpg

:headbang::kickass:

Nice to hear someone from Cologne was at the gig as well... or where are you located... why don't we speak german? lol... egal...! Seems to me the sound wasn't pretty much loud though... remember Manowar in Cologne somewhen in the eigthies...had about two days of noise in my ears...grin... anyway... for me any AA show is a good one!
Would be nice to see a chance if anyone took some pics of the AA show...