An awkward conversation

I was talking to a friend of mine who mainly likes punk but for some reason Children of Bodom came up in the conversation. He pronounced them Bow-DAHM.

Maybe that's just his accent. I pronounce some stuff weird because of my accent. I typically pronounce Iron Maiden "I-yurn Maidn".

I've always pronounced Tristania as trih-stahn-ya, so naturally I giggled when Zeph said trih-stay-nee-uh. Though to be fair I've never heard the official pronunciation of it.

Mgła ia pronounced "Mgwa" according to all of the Polish people that I've talked to who know his music, and the name means "Fog" in Polish.

Mgła ia pronounced "Mgwa" according to all of the Polish people that I've talked to who know his music, and the name means "Fog" in Polish.

People mistake it for Mgla (with an "L")...when it's actually a different letter that means/is pronounced as "W."

Before I got into metal I thought judas priest were judus priest because the local accent kind of does the opposite thing to the southern english one you probably think of as english. So London ='oi landan' but here we say: lundun

I still pronounce Agalloch as "The musical equivalent of watching grass grow whilst having your fingernails ripped out one by one".

Ignoring the fact that they're Swiss, just say if it were an English compound name like Pay-sage dee-hiver
My long-time removed oversized tonsils are rarely wrong.

Anyone know how to pronounce Paysage d'Hiver? I want to bring them up in conversation but I wouldn't know how to make that phrase come out of my mouth.

It's French. Pronounce the g like the second g in garage, and d'Hiver like dee-vare.