and the worst music ever is....

Fredy_Brown said:
Britney Spears isn´t cheessy, Britney is just making good mainstream POP music, people don´t want to get something special from her music. The music fill the expectations.
Bands like GD or Helloween....yes they are, they act like something clever and groundbreaking but they are nothing.

lol x 5000...wtf

Tone-Deaf said:
In some cases silly lyrics aren't bad. For example Strapping Young Lad's ''OMFG'' and ''Shitstorm'' to name a few. But nobody can doubt that theese freaks aren't good musically.
Oh hell yeah! I would listen to those songs only for the titel:p (especially Shitstorm)

+ I don't like country, folk, power metal's vocals (with the exception of Nevermore - I'm not sure If Nevermore's vocals fall to this category, I hope I'm not saying bullshits :D) and annoying guitar solos (e.g. Dream Theater although they worth much and really appreciate them), the voice of that idiot vocalist of Disturbed is also pretty annoying.Oh, and any pop band/singer that acts like it's a rock band/singer (Hillary Duff - peewwk etc).

Note: As others have already mentioned there's no kind of music that someone can hate. There is usually an exception.

I never waste my time with the music I don´t like, I prefer spending it thinking-talking (and listening and playing, of course) about the music I love.

Mr12000 said:
I think rap is really great. That crap you hear on the radio and TV is not. There is alot of cool and interesting things happening in the underground rap world. This is comparable to the metal scene. It gets past the superficial, "Look how much money I have" and actually talks about more interesting things. The skill in the lyrical and rhythmic talent envolved in rap is really amazing too. Again, this is lacking in the mainstream hiphop world. The music and beats are much more creative as well, and move away from the same recycled rhythms that the mainstream rap songs are plagued with.
I know there's a whole lot more to it than the rubbish on the radio and tv. I've had loads of people try to get me into all sorts of rap/hip-hop from Eminem, Wu Tang and Tupac to The Roots, etc. It's just never been something that has interested me. It just seems like the more I hear the more irritating it gets.

wankerness said:
I don't think you can really label a genre "worst" cause every genre is going to have its good artists and massive amounts of terrible ones, but the one I enjoy the least is that gd minimalist indie crap that's goten so popular recently (I guess it's fairly close to normal 'emo'), with sparse shitty acoustic guitar work and massively off-key vocals and occasional "atypical" instrumentation which generally consists of some inept musician off-tunely playing a lame melody figure over some section of the song on trombone or something.

The worst band ever is Glass Hammer fyi

that is quotable :lol:

wankerness:kickass:

My views on some of the music posted here:

Pop - I don't really like any myself, but I always hate ripping down an entire genre... to each his own i guess

Evanesence - I don't see why you would despise this band so much... a lot like katatonia in some ways actually. I saw em in concert with Cold about a year ago... Cold sucked, but Evanesence was amazing!

Rap - I like rap, especially when they have something actually worthwhile to rap about. Take the new Fort Minor CD for example... there's actually a lot of good tunes on there because you can tell Mike Shenoda is rapping about stuff close to his heart. The stuff i CAN'T stand is the gangsta rap where all they sing about is their "bitches n hos"... That stuff is LAME!

Black Eyed Peas - I swear... if I hear the song "My Hump" one more time... someone is gonna burn for it!

Like someone said earlier, it's kinda unfair to rip down an entire genre... but there are definitly artists out there which suck! (I still say trapt is one of em!)

I don't hate Emo. Just the trendy cunts that follow the whole "scene".

And most of them are NOT depressed. They just like to act like that for attention, or they want to complete their whole "Emo Image".

And C'mon, its not like some of us didn't get a little depressed when listening to Katatonia. I know for sure that I have.

Metamyr said:
Black Eyed Peas - I swear... if I hear the song "My Hump" one more time... someone is gonna burn for it!

i could kill them for abusing the great pulp fiction theme for their new song -.-

If there is a band that i truly hate it is simple plan.They are just fucking retarded and the dude's voice is worse than the sound of a drill penetrating a pig's ass together with the pig's own screams.