Worst Packaging Ever?

What are digipacks? Are they those things that come with a DVD that is just loose? Or are they the CD cases that are like a piece of cardboard with a plastic holder in the middle?

digipacks are the cardboard cases, in more mainstream alt. music digipacks are generally understood to be 'bonus' discs in addition, with extra tracks, whereas in our more extreme realm digipacks tend to be just any disc packaged in a cardboard case.

The simple digipacks are crap (the one's that just open, or have one 'flap') because there's just no point, but I like the digipacks with multiple folds because it's an excuse for more artwork, and it's also better protection for the CD in my experience.

Ahh yes, my new Exodus CD came in one of those simple digipaks, where it's the front cover, back cover and side panelling as one piece of thick paper and a piece of plastic to hold the album. I really do detest this type of packagig, but for fucks sake it's Exodus.

Anyways, here's what I recommend everyone do. Either burn all your CD's or rip them to your computers hard drive. I choose the latter because I work at my computer very much, so I have every CD I own plus 20 gigs or so of friends CD's I've ripped and MP3's at all my fingertips, organized in folders by band. Get a decent 100+ watt 5.1 sound setup, winamp5 and a good sound card and you'll do fine. Sure, it doesn't match a 1, 000$ + real sound system, but it sounds surprisingly good and it's amazingly conveniant. I take my CD's out of their cases only to rip them to my computer, otherwise they stay put. I sometimes take out the booklets and read through them, but other than that my CD's are safe.

I actually like the Torn from the Grave packaging, it just seems to be less flimsy than most cases.

@ Raumien-I do the exact opposite, I always burn tracks from my computer then delete them, though I can see how it would be useful for some people.