and the worst music ever is....

Feb 7, 2006
EMO! i hate that shit. and its cousin SCREAMO. worst music ever. ever. it is so fucking pathetic. i cant even think of anything funny to compare it to. its just all so sad (in a pathetic way, not emotionally.) it sucks. so badly. fuck.
like i was flipping through the channels and saw hawthorn heights (screamo)playing live on MTV and its so embarassing. its metals retarded cousin people stick in the attic. its jsut so...GAAAH. i hate it!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

whats your least favorite kind.

Nickelback, Tatu, James Blunt, and the latest Shakira song is god aweful.
Oh and Dragostei Din Tei must be painfully slayed because of that song they released once. I just couldn't believe radio stations would actually play that.

you know what.....last friday one of my friends slit his own throat and wrists.....he died in 2 minutes....his name was Dave....he was 52 years old.....a husband and father.........kind of makes me think threads like this have no meaning.....and no he didnt listen to emo....or screamo........

I dont need to identify with this mild form of intolerance.....I am grown enough to not have to hate anything......I dont watch video channels or listen to the radio.....and if you dont like this music you shouldnt either.....and your big problem with this music will be over.....

I dont have too much of a problem avoiding things in life that I dont like....maybe you guys do.....that is unfortunate.

Reece

sorry to hear about your friend deliverance.

ah now nickleback are excellent! "its too bad. its too bad" no wait, i was gonna go further in the sarcasm but i realized that there will be at least one guy to take me seriously and get angry.

id say power metal if it wasnt so utterly entertaining. Emos a bit terrible. But then again i actually like some funeral for a friend riffs. i always feel you can find something you like in any music. And taking the piss out people like emo kids is a bit pointless. Theres enough bad reasons for people to hate people that we really dont need to add musical tastes to the list right?

I used to listen to a static lullaby before they gone softer. Ok, I know it's screamo, not a genre that is respectable by a lot of people because of stupid kids and teens that hear to it. But I found something in that band that I liked it. I can't say that I have stopped listening to emo and screamo, but I don't like it a lot because the most bands sounds the same, it's like the rip-off each other in all their songs somehow. Funeral For a Friend is one of those bands that I can say they've managed to create their own style imo. There are a few bands that belong to this genre and don't sound like others. But, anyway emo and screamo aren't at the top of my music likes and I think that the way it is today, emo is for kids and stupid teens. The lyrics are pretty dumb and all about ''I couldn't sleep last night because my girl friend didn't call me to wish me Goodnight''. In some cases silly lyrics aren't bad. For example Strapping Young Lad's ''OMFG'' and ''Shitstorm'' to name a few. But nobody can doubt that theese freaks aren't good musically. By the way it's hawthrone heights, not that it worths knowing even their name.

As annoying as it is, I don't hate emo/screamo. I don't like it, but If a bunch of kids what to sit around feeling sorry for themselves and look stupid while they're doing it, that's their choice.

What I do hate is Rap and "R&B" (not that there's any B left in the genre. Just the same rythm. Over and over and over...). It may have been funny, new, and possibly exciting with Sir Mixalot, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, etc. But the novelty has since worn off. Seems like most things last a few years and gracefully step aside. Not rap though. Still making me cringe every time I turn on the TV, or step into a shop playing the radio.

I just hate cheesy music. And it doesn't matter if it is Britney Spears, Green Day or Helloween Deris period... It's still very subjective what is cheesy and what is not, so I just have a bunch of bands that make me feel bad in my stomach, but no particular genre, I think

Britney Spears isn´t cheessy, Britney is just making good mainstream POP music, people don´t want to get something special from her music. The music fill the expectations.
Bands like GD or Helloween....yes they are, they act like something clever and groundbreaking but they are nothing.

I don't think you can really label a genre "worst" cause every genre is going to have its good artists and massive amounts of terrible ones, but the one I enjoy the least is that gd minimalist indie crap that's goten so popular recently (I guess it's fairly close to normal 'emo'), with sparse shitty acoustic guitar work and massively off-key vocals and occasional "atypical" instrumentation which generally consists of some inept musician off-tunely playing a lame melody figure over some section of the song on trombone or something.

The worst band ever is Glass Hammer fyi

Cerulean said:
@Deliverance

Problem is I'm forced to listen to it at work. They're playing Belgium's most commercial radio station there, and there's nothing I can do about it.

hmmm.....that would pose a problem.......I own my own buisness painting so I can generally listen to whatever I want.....which is usually talk radio when I listen to the radio......I dont know what you do for a living....but maybe headphones would do some good?? I dont know if they would let you.....probably not since you dont do that already.......

my post this morning was a little out of sorts for me......people always passing on around me gets to me sometimes......apologies everyone......although I would say the same thing again I would have chosen my wording better....

I used to despise rap. Then, my boyfriend made me listen to the new 3 six mafia cd and its actually kinda cool. Some of the shit they say is funny and the beats are pretty cool sometimes. I agree with whoever said you can find something you like in any type of music (except country.) I hate emo, the whiny voices make me want to kill myself but some emo bands can actually play their instruments well, they just choose to show their talent through shitty music, that's their bad and I don't really care what kind of music they play. As long as there is always metal there will always be other types of music, some you may like, some you may not, but it's not worth getting upset over. Just change the damn radio station if you don't like it.

alright since how i said what i said seems to be aggravating people and was pretty simplistic vernacularly on my part i'll rephrase it-

i really dont like emo music because the way they come across seems very cookie-cutter. every band seems to sounds the same-if you played one band right after another i wouldn't be able to tell the difference. in addition ALL the emo people i've met in my life are assholes and whenever you try to discuss things with them they won't have any of it and that pisses me off. so its a combination of things.

what is your least favorite kind of music.

hey deliverance-i dont know if i said anything to make you think of what happened to your friend but if i did i apologize. im not trying too start shit with anyone for any reason, 'specially about something like that.

Khayman666 said:
What I do hate is Rap and "R&B" (not that there's any B left in the genre. Just the same rythm. Over and over and over...). It may have been funny, new, and possibly exciting with Sir Mixalot, DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince, etc. But the novelty has since worn off. Seems like most things last a few years and gracefully step aside. Not rap though. Still making me cringe every time I turn on the TV, or step into a shop playing the radio.
I think rap is really great. That crap you hear on the radio and TV is not. There is alot of cool and interesting things happening in the underground rap world. This is comparable to the metal scene. It gets past the superficial, "Look how much money I have" and actually talks about more interesting things. The skill in the lyrical and rhythmic talent envolved in rap is really amazing too. Again, this is lacking in the mainstream hiphop world. The music and beats are much more creative as well, and move away from the same recycled rhythms that the mainstream rap songs are plagued with.