Andy Sneap re: Nevermore

Poison God

I am the Dog
Oct 24, 2001
New Jersey
Wallet Boy recently asked (and I followed up) Andy Sneap on his board here at UM whether he was producing the Nevermore album and if he could give a status. Here is his response:

"Well I spoke with the band and it looks like they are tracking it with Kelly Gray (I think it's Gray....the chap who was in Queensryche for a while) in Seattle. I may be mixing it, I may not, all depends what they want to do, it's not that either party wanted to do it differently this time around, just due to schedules clashing and the label keeping the budget low due to it being their last one on Century Media."

-------------------------------------------

Can I get a big "FU" to Century Media? I hope Nevermore lands on a label that actually promotes them after this album. Thoughts?

DavE

so, CM is screwing Nevermore out of funds because this will be their last album on the label? fuck em. Nevermore, go to Metal Blade or a better label.. that treats you right!

Kelly Gray !! noooooooooooooo

haha.. oops, i just have things against him for his guitar work while in queensryche for that brief time...

i dont know much about him otherwise, so he could do good work with whatever he'll do in the studio, eh he produced that candlebox album that made it big i believe...

Century Media ... boy do they suck.

well lets see, the one album that sneep DID have a hand in, i find to be the crappiest nevermore album with the most fucked production.......soooo.......yeh.......
-neal

Originally posted by neal
well lets see, the one album that sneep DID have a hand in, i find to be the crappiest nevermore album with the most fucked production.......soooo.......yeh.......
-neal

What are you smoking and where can I get some? DHIADW owned.

i aint smokin nothin cuz ive got the flu or some shit. dead heart has shitty guitar tone, and no audible bass whatsoever. all the albums before it had better sound.
-neal

Seeing how CM is keeping the bugdet low, I hope this CD is better then DHiaDW. While I found it to still be a very injoyible CD :D, it sounds like no one else did.

Settings, on the production of this cd, were for a brutal type recording, I think the levels were set for SOUNDS OF SILENCE and left, but hey there is some cool sampling in it, keyboard work....quirky arrangements, its a best of I feel, representing some of the brighter moments of white power/prog.
BALLADS ARE AWESOME, thanks guys
I was listening to POE and I still hate it, something about it...to ver the top me thinks.
Waldemer Sorychta this guy wouldbe most suitable, and no killer weed...just corn chips

Century Media is a place for the new boy bands- the American hardcore/swedish deasth mix that is so devoid of any original thought that it makes me hurt...Nevermore should go to Koch along with Opeth

Originally posted by rebirth
quirky arrangements, its a best of I feel, representing some of the brighter moments of white power/prog.

White power? I didn't know Nevermore is WP, I guess I need to pay more attention to the lyrics.

Kelly Gray was best know for producing Candlebox. I think he also did a Dokken record and one for Zakk Wylde.

Hmm. Even if you did not like production on DHiaDW, Sneep would probably do a better job.

Personally I do not really see what the hell was wrong with DHIADW. The album is as solid as their other releases imo.

Blabbermouth strikes again and pulls a story from a post of Wallet boy!

DavE

I don't think this Century Media shit was to become known yet... someone fucked up, I think....

Originally posted by dead_fetus
I don't think this Century Media shit was to become known yet... someone fucked up, I think....

Blabbermouth tends to create stories out of limited information, making them look brand new in the process. They basically saw a new message board post, dug out some old track names that Warrell mentioned last year, and tied in the known information that they are not happy with Century Media....

Originally posted by Wallet Boy
Blabbermouth tends to create stories out of limited information, making them look brand new in the process. They basically saw a new message board post, dug out some old track names that Warrell mentioned last year, and tied in the known information that they are not happy with Century Media....

Exactly. Blabbermouth has taken info from this board on various occasions and fabricated a story. No big surprise. For the most part their news section is credible though.

DavE