Anette Parting with Nightwish

^Yes, we know that Floor was waiting in the wings, so whatever Anette's health issues are, we know that she was on her way out the door anyway. Like I said, if she DOES have health problems, she's not letting on how serious they are, because how can you be diagnosed with cysts one day and then be "healthy and strong" the next day? Either way, it doesn't look like we're getting the whole story. Big surprise there. :lol:
Because she has to save some face after her blog posts literally tried to rip Tuomas a new one. In my humble opinion, Anette Olzon saying she is healthy is about as believable as hearing that President Obama will give Glenn Beck the Medal of Freedom.

Yeaaah.... She complains waaay too much about the littlest of ailments and yet now, all we hear about is anti-bully this, I-went-to-lunch-in-Malmo-and-bought-Nemo that. Umm.... shouldn't she make use of the blog? It's kind of mind numblingly dull if you ask me.

I personally always felt that blog would be trouble; and the fact that she threw the band under the bus more than once probably caused a lot of the discord between them.

Like I said before, I think it was a classic case of the boy who cried wolf...she b*tched and moaned about trivial things so much on her blog, that when the time came to have a legitimate complaint that people would have normally rallied around her for, most people were just tired of hearing her complain.

I'm not going to assume that, because she mentioned on her blog (in one of the comments) that she does not keep in touch with any members of Nightwish. Sounds like a fight happened.

That and her constant talk of bullying, etc. I believe bullying from the fans, and possibly management (just a speculation there), were a big part of the blame. She mentions bullying in the workplace quite a lot in the last few weeks. I think this is her way of saying how she feels without *actually* saying anything. Who knows what the details are, but it sounds like everything just got to be too much for her.

The fact that she isn't going to the premiere (even an appearance) for the movie she is IN, speaks volumes as well I think.

That and her constant talk of bullying, etc. I believe bullying from the fans, and possibly management (just a speculation there), were a big part of the blame. She mentions bullying in the workplace quite a lot in the last few weeks. I think this is her way of saying how she feels without *actually* saying anything. Who knows what the details are, but it sounds like everything just got to be too much for her.

The fact that she isn't going to the premiere (even an appearance) for the movie she is IN, speaks volumes as well I think.

Seeing as she mentioned something specifically about celebrities being bullied (Lady GaGa) and her being 100% behind her in defense, makes your speculations likely, in my opinion.

Holopainen sheds some light on the matters in an interview for the Finnish MTV3 channel news at the Imaginaerum opening night press conference (http://www.mtv3.fi/viihde/uutiset/m...-holopainen-kertoo-valeistaan-anette-olzoniin).

Main points:
TH thinks it's natural for the fans to feel confused.

"It would be surprising if that wasn't the case. However, this is not such a big deal. The band has existed for 16 years and has gone through three line-up changes. This not a soap opera and we're not actors. This is a band, and music should be the only thing that matters."

According to him, all NW members feel more at ease now, after the change of vocalist. TH has not cut off his relations with Olzon, and the two have been in contact since early October but mostly regarding practical matters.

"We have arranged practicalities for the future. We have talked about financial matters and how they will be taken care of. We have been in contact as much as we have needed to," says TH.

Ya know I just realized something. Pain was the opening act for Nightwish in the British tour. Pain's bassist Johan is Anette's BF and the father of Nemo.

Damn that had to be awkward. But then again, maybe it wasn't so bad that Johan felt he could tour with NW and there was no reason to drop off the tour.

In the end, unless something SERIOUS comes to light, I think what may end up hurting Anette the most is how happily and almost joyfully people welcomed Floor into the band. It was the exact opposite of the reception she got.

Pain was opening, but Johan wasn't with thew band in Great Britain, afaik. Now hold it! Maketh thee no fast conclusions people. ;)

I was told by a "trustworthy source" that Johan somehow wrecked his hand while touring in Finland a few weeks before, hence he had to stay home and the band hired a replacenet bassit for the leg.

Its sad that they parted ways with her suddenly like that in middle of tour. But Ive heard its more because of her health problems than a musical conflict

What people forget is that Floor joining Nightwish was already in the cards after the show in Finland this month. They just boosted up the time frame when Anette was diagnosed with cysts on her liver. So I DO believe that she has SERIOUS health problems. Combine that with the baby, and her sometimes idiotic blog postings, gave the band no options. I DO believe that the parting was mutual. However, I do believe that when Tuomas helped Anette off that chair, he led her to that banana peel that slipped her out the door.

Can you give examples?

Lets see, her posting that asinine story about breaking her ribs, blogging about what her menu for New Years Eve, about purchasing curtains and sheets, and all the useless clothing blog posts... I can continue, if you still feel the need to protect the moron.

Can you give examples?

For me, I think her throwing the band under the bus is basically it. It's her blog, if she wants to write about her curtains or her nail polish, that's her right. But when she starts dropping hints that the guys in the band are unprofessional or not treating her right, to me *that* is unprofessional. Passive-aggressive behavior. Then again, we can't know whether or not she tried to talk to them, and felt this was her only way to get it out what she was feeling. But personally I see no point in blogs and see them as nothing but trouble, whether it belongs to Anette or Joe Schmoe. :lol:

You guys wouldn't want to go near my Blog and Facebook page. It's full pictures of things I've eaten, complaints about people and other such things, and photos of my nail polish (okay, I admit I have a slight obsession with nail polish). But yeah...I can run Anette's blog into the ground with the amount of useless crap I have put on the internet in the past 10 years. I bring nothing to the table :D

Can you give examples?

A band needs to tour to make money. The fact she went off about how the show went on when she was in the hospital spoke volumes. Remember, Nightwish lost a fortune when she got sick and had to go back to Sweden for treatment, destroying a concert in NYC (Where Sonata Arctica played for free!). This was a far bigger tour than that one was. And would have cost Nightwish a truckload of cash. So, they had no choice but to march forward.

Also, I knew the minute that she hired her own management that she was not going to last long. That was one of the conditions of her hiring: No management of their own.

For me, I think her throwing the band under the bus is basically it. It's her blog, if she wants to write about her curtains or her nail polish, that's her right. But when she starts dropping hints that the guys in the band are unprofessional or not treating her right, to me *that* is unprofessional. Passive-aggressive behavior. Then again, we can't know whether or not she tried to talk to them, and felt this was her only way to get it out what she was feeling. But personally I see no point in blogs and see them as nothing but trouble, whether it belongs to Anette or Joe Schmoe. :lol:

Which blog post did she do that? I've read as much as I can stand, since it IS a little vacuous, but I've not seen a hint of mention of Nightwish.