Anette Parting with Nightwish

A band needs to tour to make money. The fact she went off about how the show went on when she was in the hospital spoke volumes. Remember, Nightwish lost a fortune when she got sick and had to go back to Sweden for treatment, destroying a concert in NYC (Where Sonata Arctica played for free!). This was a far bigger tour than that one was. And would have cost Nightwish a truckload of cash. So, they had no choice but to march forward.

Also, I knew the minute that she hired her own management that she was not going to last long. That was one of the conditions of her hiring: No management of their own.

Very true. Anette showed she was self-centered with the blog. Self centered and immature. A 38 year old should have more things to occupy herself besides the internet, especially one thats in a big metal band.

Traxan: Ray brings up the posts about the show carrying on without her, and I've already spoken my opinion ad nauseam about that.

But there are a couple of other posts she made where she doesn't mention people by name, but seems to me to be passive-aggressive jabs towards the band, or management. One of them that I can think of off the top of my head is where she expressed her displeasure about Stobe having a private viewing of the Imaginaerum film at his house and she was not invited, although she's only 45 minutes away by plane (and not getting to actually see the movie until she was here in the U.S.). Granted, she had a right to be upset about that; she is in the movie too and I do think that's a bit f*cked up that (if what she's saying is true) she was not invited to the private screening when everyone else was. I don't know, it just seems to me like her hints of "bullying in the workplace", etc., that she has some sort of gripe (probably a legitimate one!) but cannot get it off her chest properly for whatever reason (probably legal ones).

Again, these are just my opinions, and I have nothing against people wanting to have blogs and write about whatever they want. I guess I am just from the old-school and don't understand a lot of the "reality show world" we live in nowadays, where many folks want to share every detail of their lives publicly. I just try to think to myself, if I had a blog, who the f*ck would be interested in reading it? When the only answer I can come up with is, "no one", then I pretty much pass on the entire idea. :lol:

^ Nah, a blog by you would be great! C's blog about nothing! :lol: It'll be the new Seinfeld.

I don't think she truly knew what she was signing up for, reguardless of what she's stated. I don't think she should have ever been in Nightwish, and have been called liar and pessimest because i said she wouldn't last until the end of what is now the Imaginaerum tour.

^ I agree. She posted quite a few times about missing him terribly. :( And just before the split she cheered up because the kids and her man (forgot his name, derp. :lol:) were going to fly over and ride with her for the rest of the tour. Something else was the final straw for her I'm sure since she did say she was preparing to have them there, why do that if she was just going home anyway? But missing the kids was definitely part of it - a big part, I think.

Boyfriend? Why won't he marry her? I'd feel dissed if the father of my child didn't want to marry me. Perhaps she feels dissed.

Also, I can see why she wouldn't like touring. I don't like traveling. I only travel becaues I want to get to a destination, say, Cancun. I would hate to constantly be traveling, then working, then traveling, then working. I think the problem is Anette saw being the singer as "getting the job" and to view something as a job...eesh. I wouldn't take a "job" that took me away from my family for months at a time, with constant traveling. I think the guys saw it more as an artwork, or expression of who they are. I mean, they write the songs, but Anette had nothing to do with writing, so it's less of an expression and more of busy work. Does that make sense? AIC, Tarja disliked touring as well.

^ But not everyone feels that way. Times have changed, there aren't as many puritanical crazies telling you you're a whore if you're not married to your baby daddy. :p Some people are fine with drawn out relationships, and I think he's her fiance, actually, not sure. And really, marriage is just a legal contract, it's quite meaningless for non-legal matters. If you love one another and you're together for years, you're married for all intents and purposes, you just won't have to pay the extra taxes. :lol:

^ But not everyone feels that way. Times have changed, there aren't as many puritanical crazies telling you you're a whore if you're not married to your baby daddy. :p Some people are fine with drawn out relationships, and I think he's her fiance, actually, not sure. And really, marriage is just a legal contract, it's quite meaningless for non-legal matters. If you love one another and you're together for years, you're married for all intents and purposes, you just won't have to pay the extra taxes. :lol:

It's not the 'whore' thing that worries me, it's the 'legal' thing. A marriage makes you legally responsible for the other person, and (I think) if you get a girl pregnant, you should be legally responsible for taking care of her and her baby. It could cause a lot of stress knowing a man could just walk out on you, with a paternity test after birth being the only way to ensure some form of support (and that's just monetary, there's more to supporting a family than money). And that's why I would feel dissed. Like, if I'm carrying a guy's baby, the least he could do is show the balls to be legally responsible for it.

It's not the 'whore' thing that worries me, it's the 'legal' thing. A marriage makes you legally responsible for the other person, and (I think) if you get a girl pregnant, you should be legally responsible for taking care of her and her baby. It could cause a lot of stress knowing a man could just walk out on you, with a paternity test after birth being the only way to ensure some form of support (and that's just monetary, there's more to supporting a family than money). And that's why I would feel dissed. Like, if I'm carrying a guy's baby, the least he could do is show the balls to be legally responsible for it.
I very much agree so. I don't think they can GET married, because I've heard he's married to someone else, and stepped out on her to be with Anette.

I wonder if the laws in Sweden require consent from both parties to grant divorce, and perhaps that's why Johann can't get a divorce? If not, seriously, if he left a woman to be with another woman who had his baby, at least cut legal ties with the wife. Maybe the wife still hopes he'll come back.

I also wonder if Anette's divorce was related to the unplanned pregnancy with Johann; she was married when she entered Nightwish, then got divorced. The timeline of these events are just very unclear to me.

Maybe; I know that some couples here in America that consider themselves Catholics (I cannot honestly say they are "practicing Catholics" for this reason) stay married because it's against the church to divorce, but they live separately and have boyfriends/girlfriends of their own outside the marriage. I guess it's a way to justify themselves? I really don't know. But maybe this is the case with Johan and his wife; maybe she is religious or they were married in the Catholic church and the wife (or he) faces excommunication if there is a divorce. Doesn't make sense to me, but then again I think religious rules such as that are all a bunch of hogwash anyway. :lol:

Seriously. Would they not get kicked out for adultry? I think stuff like adultry and bastard children are much more of a "sin" for the Catholic church than divorce is. I mean there's a reason why "bastard" is considered a "bad word," I suspect it's stemming from religious "sins." Besides, they could just go to the church right next door to Anette's apartment, lol.

This is northern Europe. Marriage is an option. Look a Sharon and Robert from WT. 17 years together, 3 kids, no license. If one of them dies, the survivor is due for a damn mess because they won't have spousal rights.