Another boring thread

Noel

Mexican Member
Aug 13, 2008
If Opeth had to let go one band member who would you chose and why?

My choice would be Fred, he's an awesome guitar player, we all know that, but I think Opeth needs more than that, maybe someone with more experience with finger picking. IDK I don't think I would preffer other member to leave, so who do you chose?

No one !! I think this is the best line up ever (from what the videos i saw on Youtube) so let's see what Fred will add to Opeth in the next record.

What is this!! A serious answer? :mad:

Samsara ban him:mad::mad:

My choice would be Fred, he's an awesome guitar player, we all know that, but I think Opeth needs more than that, maybe someone with more experience with finger picking. IDK I don't think I would preffer other member to leave, so who do you chose?

lmfao are you retarded or just FAS? Fredrik's finger picking is fine, not to mention dude shreds like a mother.

There's a difference between "fine" and "impressive" why limiting the band's potential? And this is Opeth not Dragonforce, who cares about shredding?

Well forgetting finger-picking, lets look at solos:

Peter's on When, Wreath, Deliverance, Beneath the Mire, etc. > Fred's on Heir Apparent, Hessian Peel, Burden, Hex Omega - though Fred improvising for fun live is pretty damn sweet.

And RollMyCoaster, nudeness is a given

^
I actually think Axe is better.
I used the think otherwise, but ive come to know and recognise axes, more than lopez's.

"more experience with finger picking"? You mean like the finger picking in Hessian Peel? That finger picking?

*ed, personally I agree with your pick, he does fit Opeth, but I don't feel the suit works well with the picture.

If anyone says Mendez they should die.

If I was forced to choose, I would pick Fredrick. But he is still a great guitar player, and I think his input will be better on the next album because he used to working with Mikael now.