Anthrax...I don't get it.

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
I have a few Anthrax albums...I just don't get it...I don't get the appeal...there's no real stand out musicianship...the lyrics are kinda silly...I mean, am I missing something?

I get SOD....it was a project, not a career...it's fun and nasty and silly, but no one was basing a career on it.

So, if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll give it a try. I have Among the Living and Persistence of Time...they're both ok.

Ha...everyone will hate me for this.

schenkadere said:
I have a few Anthrax albums...I just don't get it...I don't get the appeal...there's no real stand out musicianship...the lyrics are kinda silly...I mean, am I missing something?

I get SOD....it was a project, not a career...it's fun and nasty and silly, but no one was basing a career on it.

So, if anyone can point me in the right direction, I'll give it a try. I have Among the Living and Persistence of Time...they're both ok.

Ha...everyone will hate me for this.

I understand what you mean. Anthrax is one of my favouritebands but we all have bands that we just "get". Mine is KoRn. Never understood what the deal was.

I lost interest in them after Among the Living. Don't really know why. Time was o.k. but it didn't do anything for me. When Bush joined the band I was really looking forward to it because he is one of my all time fav singers. SOWN was good. Something different and unique. Everything after that was just plain boring to me. Not the kind of albums that I could listen to over and over again.

I guess my tastes just changed

Wow...so I guess I'm really not so far off the mark. Thanks for verifying...I just didn't want to miss out on some good shit. Maybe I'll give Sound of White Noise a shot.

I guess I find their music really linear...nothing really exciting, nothing really somber...just a straight line...no real highs or lows...it's not real bad(except that rap shit...puke!) or real good...eh, it's ok.

I do agree with you gas...Charlie is a great drummer. Scott Ian is a good rhythm player, but his guitar sound grates on my eardrums...scratchy, raspy shit.

Oh, and I also agree with you Arg...I don't get Korn either.

gaschamber said:
sound of white noise and after that, anthrax are a different band to me, like metallica with the black album.

sound of white noise aint bad, but it aint anthrax

and i dont care how much crap i get for this, black album had one of the best songs metallica ever wrote on it.....the unforgiven.

OK then...maybe I won't try that album.

So, I'm coming to the conclusion that Anthrax doesn't really have any "great" albums?

The Unforgiven is a great song. Does everyone agree that Kirk Hammet sucks and is completely overrated? He's so bad, his solos actually ruin good songs.

If you dont like among the living go wash your ears and give it a relisten. Fucking great album. Granted the lyrics are cheesy but thats cool, they dont take themselves too seriously