Any love for Old Man's Child?

General Zod said:
It's so nice the way you guys look out for me. You're like Black Metal big brothers.:loco:

Zod

Who else would help you cook around the holidays?

kochen_ist_krieg.jpg

General Zod said:
OK. I'm through the first 5 tracks and I have to say, they sound too much much like Old Mans Child for my liking.
OK. Now that I just made your head explode, I have to say this is some good shit. Cool riffing. Much more natural sounding. I like the way they mix in slower passages. I'll be buying this.

Zod

haha, DIssection sounds like OMC. more like the other way around. and yes, my head exploded (last night with the woman, hahah (damn I'm lame))

as for more (and better) recommendations:

Dawn - get their entire discography re-release thingy
Sacramentum - get the Far Away from the Sun/Finis Malorum re-release
Destroyer 666 - anything

General Zod said:
I have to say this is some good shit. Cool riffing. Much more natural sounding. I like the way they mix in slower passages. I'll be buying this.

Well, yeah. These are extremely significant releases that came out of the 90's. It's really worth tracing it back to the originators -- personally speaking, I always sense a higher level of 'authenticity' in the music when it's original.

I'll second J's recommendation of Dawn. "Slaughtersun" will knock your socks off. Not a Dissection clone by any means, but playing in the same capacity. Although "Slaughtersun" wasn't released until 1998, both Dissection and Dawn started out in the early 90's so you can call them peers.

Oh yeah, another recommendation from J I'll second: Destroyer 666.

START with "Phoenix Rising", NOT "Unchain the Wolves" (contrary to popular belief). With your love for Primordial, you should really dig "Phoenix...". Both bands use very similar song structures, chord progressions, harmonies etc. and it's most evident on "Phoenix...". Except of course, D666 are heavilly rooted in thrash/death whereas Primordial emerge from epic black roots, but there is a definite synergy between the two.