ANY LYRICALY MEANINGFUL DEATH METAL OUT THERE??????

Deicide have good lyrics, if you're 14. I don't read death metal lyrics, what's the point - you can't make out what they're saying anyway.
Listen to Jethro Tull if you want good lyrics.

thanks that makes life easier..
and about the opeth genre...i prefer not to get into arguments about genres, because it usually ends in 'is not, is too'

Stormwatch said:
Deicide have good lyrics, if you're 14. I don't read death metal lyrics, what's the point - you can't make out what they're saying anyway.
Listen to Jethro Tull if you want good lyrics.
the point of reading lyrics is to find out what all that growling is saying. and it makes you like a song more, if u like its message/lyrics

MasKedRage said:
Im sorry i should have named myself .person.of.thought.and.deep.conversations, ur pathetic, your using my screen name to argue a point, thats pitiful man, ESPECIALLY since ur name is Sinister Mephisto. by the way jackass, Opeth are progressive death metal, look it up.
its stupid for lyrics 2 be all about suffering without portraying a case. if there is pain to serve a message other than 'I've been treated like shit, kill me" then its fine...however i do agree that different things are meaningful to different people

I was just mentioning the screen name because I thought it was funny. Not sure why you're mentioning mine, I don't have a problem with either style of lyrics.

"Opeth are NOT death metal, they are Prog. Rock/Metal."

"you can't make out what they're saying anyway.
Listen to Jethro Tull if you want good lyrics."

MasKedRage said:
the point of reading lyrics is to find out what all that growling is saying. and it makes you like a song more, if u like its message/lyrics
and on a more deep level, make u think and broaden your thought

MasKedRage said:

Not really. As you say, most of the lyrics are shit anyway. I couldn't care less if someone is mummified in barbed wire or fucked with a knife. Hilarious perhaps, but I've better things to do with my time than read death metal lyrics on the off chance some of them are good - like masturbate.

i have to admit this one of the reason i'm not too interested in death metal.

some bands that aren't really death metal, but somewhat related:
dark tranquillity, their lyrics are dealt with chaos theory, quantum physic, existance, etc.
esoteric.
saturnus's first album and lacrimas profundere's first two albums for their poetic way of writing.
i always like mental home lyrics as well.
unholy (the late doom band), also has good lyrics.

This thread is filled with about 90% idiocy.

Anyways, some Death/Black Metal bands with good lyrics:
-At the Gates (not the most musically competant at times but I've found Lindbergs lyrics to be good)
-Borknagar
-Emperor
-Ensiferum
-Extol (It's a Christian band, but some good lyrics)
-Into Eternity (Mostly Progressive, maybe not quite what you're looking for)
-Nightrage
-Orphaned Land (Progessive as well)
-Zyklon
-Morbid Angel
-Ulver
-Vintersorg

The bands above all vary a good deal in what they present with their lyrics and some of them arn't presented in the most artistic way but I'd say they're "meaningful" to say the least. There are plenty of good Death Metal lyrics, anybody that says that they're all about gore, Satan and killing is an idiot.

ProjectedBlack said:

-At the Gates (not the most musically competant at times but I've found Lindbergs lyrics to be good)
-Borknagar
-Emperor
-Ensiferum
-Nightrage
-Zyklon
-Morbid Angel
-Ulver
-Vintersorg

The bands above all vary a good deal in what they present with their lyrics and some of them arn't presented in the most artistic way but I'd say they're "meaningful" to say the least. There are plenty of good Death Metal lyrics, anybody that says that they're all about gore, Satan and killing is an idiot.

I have to agree Morbid Angel's lyrics are good, and you can even hear what he's saying! :headbang:

I second Lykathea Aflame. Despite some engrish what he is trying to say is apparent and significant IMO.

edit: Empyrean Sky also has some great lyrics that are very much influenced by classical texts.

I consider older In Flames to be death metal. Jester Race and Colony have some of the best metal lyrics out there.

Gaia impaled on their horns and lances
To fumes from her body give case
As the throng of blind-minded savor the scent
Dreams dead from prosaic and hate
:hotjump:

AlphaTemplar said:
I consider older In Flames to be death metal. Jester Race and Colony have some of the best metal lyrics out there.

Gaia impaled on their horns and lances
To fumes from her body give case
As the throng of blind-minded savor the scent
Dreams dead from prosaic and hate
:hotjump:

Too bad for In Flames that Niklas Sundin doesn't write their lyrics anymore then? Anders Friden isn't a match for Niklas when it comes to lyrics.

ProjectedBlack said:

-Borknagar
-Emperor
-Ensiferum
-Nightrage
-Zyklon
-Morbid Angel
-Ulver
-Vintersorg

So you call us idiots, and then list Ensiferum, Extol, Into Eternity, Nightrage, Orphaned Land, Ulver & Vintersorg as death or black metal bands?

:lol:

Sure thing, jackass.