Anybody here that hates the beatles?

The Beatles are an ok band but very overated.I got repect for them doing changing their pop style music to experiment with other music genres but i rather listen to other classic bands instead.They are the most overated band in history
When you and others call them overrated it is from a 21st Century point of view and not from a 1960's point of view. The Beatles much like Madonna adapted and evolved. If both stayed in their teeny bopper pop stage neither one would have more then 2 albums. Plus the Beatles innovated alot of the 60s era sound and influenced sounds to be that also evolved and you do not know were influenced by them. So I laugh when people call them overrated because alot would not have been around after them and now if it weren't for them...

and btw who fucking cares if Wilson wrote the songs by himself and the Beatles bounced ideas off of each other. To me that means Wilson was egostic and didn't let others to contribute. Who knows perhaps the rest of the Boys could of wrote better or added better to what was written by Wilson. Alot of famous rock music & it's related genres were written in teams:

McCartney/Lennon
Jaggar/Richards
Perry/Tyler
Hetfield/Ulrich
etc. etc.

When you and others call them overrated it is from a 21st Century point of view and not from a 1960's point of view. The Beatles much like Madonna adapted and evolved. If both stayed in their teeny bopper pop stage neither one would have more then 2 albums. Plus the Beatles innovated alot of the 60s era sound and influenced sounds to be that also evolved and you do not know were influenced by them. So I laugh when people call them overrated because alot would not have been around after them and now if it weren't for them...

and btw who fucking cares if Wilson wrote the songs by himself and the Beatles bounced ideas off of each other. To me that means Wilson was egostic and didn't let others to contribute. Who knows perhaps the rest of the Boys could of wrote better or added better to what was written by Wilson. Alot of famous rock music & it's related genres were written in teams:

McCartney/Lennon
Jaggar/Richards
Perry/Tyler
Hetfield/Ulrich
etc. etc.

no its because wilson was a genius. btw aerosmith in the 70's which is their peak has a ton of songs credited to just tyler or tyler/hamilton and tyler/whitford. since 1978 a majority of the tunes are cowritten with outside hired gun writers

i'd actually say brian wilson was the best songwriter of the last half of the 20th century. listen to his arrangements of instruments and vocal melodies. way more complex than anything lennon/mccartney did plus wilson produced most of the stuff himself and the beatles needed george martin and wilson never really had a writing partner while lennon and mccartney could bounce ideas off eachother
Well, OK man. But did you know that "Pet Sounds" often referred to as Wilson's opus, was his response to the Beatle's "Rubber Soul."? He felt The Beatle's would pass him by if he didn't come up with an album on that level. Of course, this is all meanderings of rock interviews by journalists. So, put as much stock in that as you may. Complexity has nothing to do with writing a good, catchy melody. It's all about an emotional connection. Remember man, this was the 60's. Drugs were "experimental", free love and peace. A much different era than now. No one back then were writing songs like Norwegian Wood, Help, Something, Eleanor Rigby etc etc. Their songs will last many lifetimes. Their not overrated, their influential. Period.

Well, OK man. But did you know that "Pet Sounds" often referred to as Wilson's opus, was his response to the Beatle's "Rubber Soul."? He felt The Beatle's would pass him by if he didn't come up with an album on that level. Of course, this is all meanderings of rock interviews by journalists. So, put as much stock in that as you may. Complexity has nothing to do with writing a good, catchy melody. It's all about an emotional connection. Remember man, this was the 60's. Drugs were "experimental", free love and peace. A much different era than now. No one back then were writing songs like Norwegian Wood, Help, Something, Eleanor Rigby etc etc. Their songs will last many lifetimes. Their not overrated, their influential. Period.

i never said the beatles were overrated i just said wilson is a better songwriter

no its because wilson was a genius. btw aerosmith in the 70's which is their peak has a ton of songs credited to just tyler or tyler/hamilton and tyler/whitford. since 1978 a majority of the tunes are cowritten with outside hired gun writers
In your opinion Wilson was.. not fact.

As for Aerosmith, their best songs in the 70's were still Tyler/Perry collaboration more so then the rest of the band though I do give credit to the rest... And I do like their songs after the 70's and I'm quite aware hired guns wrote most of the hits which i find sad.

No one back then were writing songs like Norwegian Wood, Help, Something, Eleanor Rigby etc etc. Their songs will last many lifetimes. Their not overrated, their influential. Period.
Exactly...

i never said the beatles were overrated i just said wilson is a better songwriter
Again in your own opinion... not fact...

i just looked and i'd say 7 of my 10 favorite 70's aerosmith tunes are not tyler/perry tunes not counting any cover tunes.

mama kin
dream on
seasons of wither
lord of the thighs
you see my crying
sweet emotion
last child
kings and queens

none of these tunes are perry/tyler songs. a few are just tyler and the rest are tyler and another band member except "you see my crying" has someone not in the band and tyler and "kings and queens" which is credited to everyone in the band but perry plus producer jack douglas. thats just a tip of the iceberg for the none perry/tyler tunes. actually night in the ruts has the most perry/tyler tunes out of any of the 70's albums with a total of 5 tyler/perry tunes. the rest of the albums have no more than 4 tyler/perry credits. the first album only has 1 tyler/perry tune and i believe the 2nd has 3.

Good band. Quite original. Influential and revolutionary. Over rated. Every 14 year old girls favorite band. (and movie)

@ gimmickry: It's fucking pop, what do you expect

@ wankery: We're still talking about the beatles right? wtf

yeah and most pop sucks? not sure why i need to say this on a metal board

by wankery i meant self-indulgent experimentation rather than crazy shredding solos, but then i think you knew that already

For whatever reason I was never into the Beatles, That being said I don't think the fandom they have is unwarrented I think they changed music for the time and without the and there influance many bands that this sites posters are in love would be around today, as we know them anyways

I used to LOVE the Beatles... I still love some of their music but I'd have to agree that they are overrated.
Some of their stuff is simply to bubblegum for me... but some of their music is truly beautiful, great stuff (think Let it Be; Across the Universe, et al).

The Beatles are fine when put into perspective and if you listen openmindedly to what they were doing they really were quite a clever bunch of lads. Their popularity during their career together was not for no good reason. That said I was only into them as a kid and when the newer wave of rock came with Jimi and Janis and most all that followed late 60's early 70s The Beatles offered little for me to get excited about, however Yesterday, Let it Be and While my Guitar.... are still favorites from the era (of radio music) for me.

I don't hate anything, but it annoys me a little how overrated The Beatles are. Yes, they were iconic, yes, they did deviate and do great things and deserve respect, but that doesn't mean everyone in the world has to enjoy their music, and it doesn't mean they were the greatest band ever. Besides, The Funk Brothers (the session musicians for Motown Records) are the most influential band of all time taken from the amount of artists who cited influence from them.

Of course, how much praise for them you encounter depends on who you hang around with. They seem to be liked by some of the elitist and pseudo-intellectual, as well as ordinary people within my age group.

Devasya Chāyā;8677805 said:
I don't hate anything, but it annoys me a little how overrated The Beatles are. Yes, they were iconic, yes, they did deviate and do great things and deserve respect, but that doesn't mean everyone in the world has to enjoy their music, and it doesn't mean they were the greatest band ever. Besides, The Funk Brothers (the session musicians for Motown Records) are the most influential band of all time taken from the amount of artists who cited influence from them.

Of course, how much praise for them you encounter depends on who you hang around with. They seem to be liked by some of the elitist and pseudo-intellectual, as well as ordinary people within my age group.

I don't know anyone in my age group who like the Beatles but most people in my age group have horrible taste in music.The only band that more overrated than the Beatles is ACDC.I mean the more I listen the less I like them.I used to like ACDC but now I think their very boring and dislike the singing.If I asked a person in my age group who their favorite classic rock band is they always anwser ACDC when there are much better bands out there.

the beatles have been completely absorbed into songwriting, into pop culture, into musical history. their influence cannot possibly be overrated. it's in the DNA of western music for the foreseeable future.

there's stuff to like there too, they've written some good songs, but i don't own an album and they've never been something i've gone out of my way to listen to.

hate? hate has to be reserved for something that's worth hating. directing your ire at the beatles is ridiculous.

the beatles have been completely absorbed into songwriting, into pop culture, into musical history. their influence cannot possibly be overrated. it's in the DNA of western music for the foreseeable future.

there's stuff to like there too, they've written some good songs, but i don't own an album and they've never been something i've gone out of my way to listen to.

hate? hate has to be reserved for something that's worth hating. directing your ire at the beatles is ridiculous.

I think a better word would be overhype because there are not as good as people say they are but I might have to check their other stuff sometime.I can see not liking the Beatles but to hate is way over the top since there are a lot worse bands to hate.