Anyone actually like their newer stuff?

John Bush is the difference maker in this decision. I might like the "music" a little better in the old days but the voice that accompanied it.....aagh.....awful, just awful.......it totally weakened the overall sound of the band. But since John Bush has been in the mix the "HEAVINESS" of Anthrax had improved tremendously!!! They are the total package now. One of the top three metal vocalist ever. One of the best, most influential drummers in the history of metal. The undeniable "riffmaster" on rythym. A bass player who holds down an incredible bottom end and the heart of the live show. Now if Rob can actually contribute some leads to the new songs........Anthrax will be Unstoppable.

Besides I always love when somebody starts out with "I'll admit I haven't heard the last release".....dude, I respect everyone's right to an opinion.......but only when its an educated one.

Educate yourself dimwit..........then you might be taken seriously around here.

"REFUSE TO BE DENIED"!!!!!!!!

WORD !!!!!

watch Bush at 04:10 *lol*

this was Anthrax's heyday
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c6jnCLzOrc&NR=1[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked to me like he was talking to some dipshit in the crowd at 4:10.

maybe ironmaidenfan09 spat on him? *lol*

when they were touring the states with Priest at one show Bush jumped off the stage and got in a fight with some troublemaker, i would have liked to witness that, i haven't seen any footage of that show.

1991 was the best Antrhax has ever been. The clash of the titans tour, the tour with Iron Maiden, Tour with Public Enemy etc. It took them to an entire new level. They were on top of the world and gaining momentum. They were flawless as a band, tighter than ever. Common sense says you keep that momentum going and build on it. So what do they do? Fire the singer, change their sound and ruin their careers. Great decisions!

They were flawless as a band, tighter than ever. Common sense says you keep that momentum going and build on it. So what do they do? Fire the singer, change their sound and ruin their careers.

at least they did make johnnieCzech, antwax, Matt Bello & Deege happy with those decisions, but whom else???

A LOT of people...many of whom don't post here because of the 3 or 4 morons like yourself who overran this board. And a lot of us have been gone since 2005.

I can't wait to never hear this again

And look forward to getting back to this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually tried to give Bush a chance and listened to a sample of 'Madhouse' from The Greater Of Two Evils. All I can say is, even in parodies I've rarely heard a song butchered this badly. It isn't just that his voice doesn't fit, he tries so hard to be aggressive that it just comes off as a joke. The problem is that though it's funny once, I doubt I could sit through that whole album. It's hard enough trying to sit through a whole Bushthrax album, let alone hearing him vocally piss on the classics.

I actually tried to give Bush a chance and listened to a sample of 'Madhouse' from The Greater Of Two Evils. All I can say is, even in parodies I've rarely heard a song butchered this badly. It isn't just that his voice doesn't fit, he tries so hard to be aggressive that it just comes off as a joke. The problem is that though it's funny once, I doubt I could sit through that whole album. It's hard enough trying to sit through a whole Bushthrax album, let alone hearing him vocally piss on the classics.

I here ya on that. I can't listen to that album its gross. And the band said 'this is how we envisioned these songs sounding when we wrote them'. If that would have happened they would have never gotten past Spreading The Disease.

I don't like the rerecorded classics either, I hate it when a band does that. It never does the originals justice, The rerecording of "Bonded By Blood" by Exodus was also gross IMO. This has nothing to do with Bush but a band should just leave their own classics as they were recorded

I don't like the rerecorded classics either, I hate it when a band does that. It never does the originals justice, The rerecording of "Bonded By Blood" by Exodus was also gross IMO. This has nothing to do with Bush but a band should just leave their own classics as they were recorded

Yeah I agree. Even if they re-recorded those songs with Joey I wouldn't have liked it. There is something about preserving the originals

I do like the Testament album they did though where they re-recorded their songs. First Strike Still Deadly. The at least properly recorded the songs and didn't stray toooo far from the originals.