Anyone also listen to punk?

I like alot of punk... but then again i listen to alot of music that is non metal... ive worked in 2 or 3 record stores in the past and got exposed to different music though metal and classic rock will always be my true music... plus im a old man and as you get older you tend to be more openminded of other music though nothing like Britney spears lol ....

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
I like alot of punk... but then again i listen to alot of music that is non metal... ive worked in 2 or 3 record stores in the past and got exposed to different music though metal and classic rock will always be my true music... plus im a old man and as you get older you tend to be more openminded of other music though nothing like Britney spears lol ....

A catfight mixed into the same tune? :)

Just got some Dropkick Murphys stuff...good shit.

Punk's cool, although I hate the crowd and the attitude towards the music. And the safety pins.

Yes, I listen to a lot of punkrock/hardcore/related, everything from A Wilhelm Scream to NOFX to Minor Threat. Death metal, punkrock and black metal are my three favourite genres.

Check my Audioscrobbler (link in my sig) if you want to know which bands I like :p

Depends on your definition of punk I guess?

For me, The Damned are the archetypal punk band. For a start they were up-tempo, something the Pistols never were. The Damned look and sounded the part. They also had a sense of humour - far too many punk bands in the UK took themselves WAY too seriously.
Lots of people in the UK always mention The Clash. The Clash were indeed a great band but after their first album could never be classed as punk - corporate rockers maybe, but never punk.

Modern US whiners like Blink 182, Greenday and Bowling For Soup ARE NOT punk.

Henrik Main said:
Yes, I listen to a lot of punkrock/hardcore/related, everything from A Wilhelm Scream to NOFX to Minor Threat. Death metal, punkrock and black metal are my three favourite genres.

Check my Audioscrobbler (link in my sig) if you want to know which bands I like :p

A Wilhelm Scream are from my town
they used to be called Smackin' Isiah
thats pretty crazy that they're reaching people all the way in Norway
I always thought they were a popular local band in this area, I guess not haha

i actually listen to more punk stuff than metal most of the time.

stuff like that happens, sometimes i'll go 6 months+ without listening to any metal. there's just so much other good stuff out there.

Shiny McShining Rodriguez said:
Just curious as to whether anyone here listens to both metal and punk.

Yeth.

The Exploited - Death Before Dishonour
Discharge - Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing
Minor Threat - Discography

And thrash:

dead horse - horsecore
Cryptic Slaughter - Money Talks
DRI - Dealing With It
COC - Eye for An Eye

I like very little punk. But some of the punk bands I like are:

GBH
Discharge
The Exploited
Propagandhi (though I hate their uber-pc standpoint)
Misfits

I also listen to some RAC, which is basically punk/hardcore with right wing politics:

Bound For Glory
Sturmwehr
Angry Aryans
Odin's Law
Vaginal Jesus
Skrewdriver
Storkraft
Nemisis

Propagandhi rule.

Flogging Molly
Against Me
The Refused