Anyone flying Delta???

Yes I am and I am not worried.That is a protection that the airline would have to do in order to survive, they are not folding or slowing down operations in the least.

Bear

metalsped said:
http://www.suntimes.com/output/business/cst-fin-delta13.html

Just something to be aware of. I hope this doesnt totally mess up their flights.

Well, Northwest is getting ready to do it, as well. Not only that, they just told the striking mechanics "buh-bye" and are hiring non-union workers. On the plus side (for the flyer!), the non-union workers/scabs are mechanics that have been laid off from one airline or another.

Whee?

I'm flying Delta as well. As Bear said, I'm not worried (well, no more worried than I usually am when I fly). This is purely a business move. The only thing that would suck, is if for some reason, some contingent of their staff decides to get the Blue Flu.

Pretty much all the airlines are going through this. I believe US Airways also declared within the past year.

Zod

I really fucking wish southwest would set up shop in atlanta. I can see no viable reason for them NOT to, since it's a hub and all.

I am flying delta. Anyone aware of checkin procedures and such? can i do it online?

nailz said:
I really fucking wish southwest would set up shop in atlanta. I can see no viable reason for them NOT to, since it's a hub and all.

I am flying delta. Anyone aware of checkin procedures and such? can i do it online?

Yes sirree!!! I already checked in for my flight but you have to have a loigin a pin to do it. Which everyone should do so you can save your miles anyways. Good luck!!

Bear

I called them on Monday to verify my flight times (lost the confirmation email in a reformat), and nothing had changed for me.

metalsped said:
Well I just thought I would throw it out there. I know that in another thread here AMBR mentioned that she had her Delta flight shifted around. Is it Thursday yet.....? :( :)
Yea, our original flight was cancelled but we got moved to another flight on Delta @ 11:15am tomorrow, so it appears all will be good. See you there, and nice banner ad :D thx!

nailz said:

I have a family member that is a reservations center manager for SW......

The reason SW won't fly into Atlanta is they only provide service to the smaller airports. They charge less of a fee to the airline due to their size. SW refuses to pay the larger fees of the larger airports. That is one way they are able to keep the fares down.

Of course with the cost of jet fuel these days, no ones fares are staying down. I did manage to get a flight, round trip to New York for xmas and New Years the other day.......paid $99 each way. :Spin:

I'm flying Delta on the way down Thursday. Coming back, all flights were full, so I have to take Air Tran for the return.