Anyone keen to Re-Amp/Mix/Master an album? (Technical Death) Song Inc.

The bass track was horribleee.
Other than that it was pretty fun to mix.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/3059518/Hyperion Mix.mp3

You said you're doing a whole album, got any more?

What was wrong with the bass? So i know to do better next time?

Mix is fucking crushing dude!!!! Loving the vocals...
Only thing i could pick at was the cymbal at 0:18 should be a bell...

Other than that sounding 100x better than i could ever do hehe :)
Thankyou for your time :)

We have more tracks on the go right now, should be able to pump out 2 a week :) or unless you prefer to mix the whole album at once, it'll be about a month till all the tracking is done.

I don't know exactly what was wrong with it, it just sounded like crap. It was a DI right? What bass did you use, it's probably just that it was a crappy bass.

But thanks dude!
Oh haha yeah you said you used superior and i've got superior too but i have the metal foundry and I just dropped it in and assumed it would be the same but I guess it was a little bit different. I tried to track down which cymbal you were talking about but I couldn't quite put my finger on what you were referring to.

But yeah, keep the mixes coming! I dig your stuff!

I don't know exactly what was wrong with it, it just sounded like crap. It was a DI right? What bass did you use, it's probably just that it was a crappy bass.

But thanks dude!
Oh haha yeah you said you used superior and i've got superior too but i have the metal foundry and I just dropped it in and assumed it would be the same but I guess it was a little bit different. I tried to track down which cymbal you were talking about but I couldn't quite put my finger on what you were referring to.

But yeah, keep the mixes coming! I dig your stuff!

Yeah bass is DI, yeah probably was the bass :(

In foundry just change the cymbal note its hitting to that of the left ride, i.e if the cymbal is D#, delete that and just make the ride D# and set articulation to 'bell shank', should be all good...

will send you more mixes soon, cheers!

Thanks Mago!!! I thought it came out really well, everything is so clear yet its still so heavy.

Vocals sound great to me! So cupping is absolute 'no go' for recording vocals? :ill:

Guitars and bass are amazing...

Kick and snare are terrific, just need to remap that cymbal at 0:18 to a bell or ride
I thought the overheads and toms could come up a little maybe?

Thank you so much for your time and effort dude!
Much appreciated! :D

Thanks Mago!!! I thought it came out really well, everything is so clear yet its still so heavy.

Vocals sound great to me! So cupping is absolute 'no go' for recording vocals? :ill:

Guitars and bass are amazing...

Kick and snare are terrific, just need to remap that cymbal at 0:18 to a bell or ride
I thought the overheads and toms could come up a little maybe?

Thank you so much for your time and effort dude!
Much appreciated! :D

hope I got the ride right this time
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3961577/Mago_HyperionMix2.mp3
also turned up OH and Toms

no poblem, i like beeing able to practice mixing this way, so thank you :headbang:

yeah, noone recroding with me is allowed to cup the mic.
i also dont do it live (mostly because I'm busy with my hands playing guitar :lol:), and during recording its really a no go.
i always record growls/screams standing, in front of the mic, mic on a micstand, with a popfilter.
the compressor makes it sound Br000tal in the mix anyway, so no need for cupping....
it may sounds "better" (i dont think so, but some people do) live or @ rehearsals, but it fucks up the sound on recordings.

midi tempo's fuckes up

Here is my mix, obviously the miditempo's went wrong. I'm using Sonar, the tempo sometimes says it's 250 bpm. Didn't mix the solo and vocals caus of the tempo fuckup.

Apart from ur tempo Issues dude, this sounds awesome!!!

I use reaper to edit the drums/tempo's so something might have gone wrong there :(

First tempo is 145
Second is 135
next part i think is 250 (needed to set it as this cause the click was better for our drummer)
Then its just 125

Hopefully you give it another crack :D!

Thanks d00d!