Anyone up for some growling?

If you do your songs to a click track I might be able to record drums for you. My friend has a bunch of really nice drum mics that we're ITCHING to use

Fuck, sounds good man! I'd definetly be interested in maybe doing some vocals for this shit!
Love the guitar sound (maybe a tad melodic, but hey, it's all good).
What kind of vocal-style you looking for?
More screeched, deep growls, shouts...?

I've still had like no time to even record guys. I got one take of the first bit up to the end of first chorus. Sorry, my schedule fucking blows nowadays. So looks like it's still in the hands of whoever has the time.

Fuck, sounds good man! I'd definetly be interested in maybe doing some vocals for this shit!
Love the guitar sound (maybe a tad melodic, but hey, it's all good).
What kind of vocal-style you looking for?
More screeched, deep growls, shouts...?

Well deep classic Death Metal growls pretty much, some shrieks are cool too :cool:

The Malice of a Mind Insane, the chorus is stuck in my head =) It's not hard to play, but it might take a while to record properly. If we get something done this thursday I'll send it to you. My friend can only record every 2 weeks though (because of his job).

The Malice of a Mind Insane, the chorus is stuck in my head =) It's not hard to play, but it might take a while to record properly. If we get something done this thursday I'll send it to you. My friend can only record every 2 weeks though (because of his job).

okay.. cool. it's gonna be real interesting to see the result for sure :)

Malice of a Mind Insane. Plus it seems to be a crowd favourite so what better song to work on first? I only got my patterns and lyrics down but can't get any time to record something.

Ahhh... The joy of being 16, and having no life... I have all the time in the world to record my Death Metal... I feel bad for you, Delta...

ok, stefan, could you make me a guitar only MP3 version of Malice of a Mind Insane? With a click track? My friend doesn't really have time to learn it and record it but I'll learn the drums and record them 2 weeks from now. PM me if that's possible and I'll give you my email.

@Delta: that sounds cool. just try it out when you have time and see how it sounds :)

@Nefilim: oh, so you're the vocalist in that band? I thought you had kind of an original touch to Death Metal. I've had one vocalist do the untitled track with some pretty good results but there's no reason why you couldn't do it too. It's gonna be interesting to compare.

@Flal: yeah.. I think I can do that in Adobe Audition. I'll just make an mp3 of the recording without drums. I dunno how to make a click track though.

you can use reaper too. It's a free recording program. click track isn't as important, it's just that the timing needs to be perfect for me so that I don't throw you off when you're recording the guitars (you could also just send me the guitars you did without the drum track since they followed drums that were keeping perfect time). What speed is the song at?

it's 180 bpm. maybe you could the drum track after the guitar track and then remove the guitar track? if it works hehe.. im gonna get on making an mp3 soon. kinda beat after my mellotronen trip hehe

lol, how was it? Was there a surprise BB performance =)

Yeah, you don't to make the 'final' guitar version, just a scratch track that I can follow. You know what, just play to a metronome and send me the guitars if there are no shifts in tempo.

hehe.. no. there was a surprise åkerfeldt performance in the kata gig :kickass:

ok, so i hope i'm getting this right now.. just a guitar track? if i take the one where i played over the gp drums its in pace anyway right? sorry if im slow. not in the best shape today hah