Growling tips?

Nah it's not computerised. It has voice compression among other things done to it to enhance it's sound.

i can only growl decently when I have phlegm, but when I sing Opeth songs, I can't ge trid of it all before I have to sing mellow... I'm practising tightening the stomach muscles but not much progress as yet:yuk:

Mike-E said:
been reading these tips, hope they helped me, i think they did, it doesn't hurt anymore

could some of you check out my growl and let me know what you think?
http://members.aol.com/ahnyonghaseyo/growlsample.mp3

thx :D

It's like your growling on a dry throat which lacks the muddiness of a powerfull growl...perhaps you should try to growl lower...

but in general it sounds pretty good...
If your voice is relatively high you might wanna try to do demon growls(thats what I call the high pitch grwols) like Blakkheim did on "Diabolical Masquerade-Death's Design". that fake soundtrack owns:headbang:

If I didn't have such a craptastic mic, I'd record my growls...I guess I'm doing it right, cos my throat doesn't hurt at all.

paradoxile said:
It's like your growling on a dry throat which lacks the muddiness of a powerfull growl...perhaps you should try to growl lower...

but in general it sounds pretty good...
If your voice is relatively high you might wanna try to do demon growls(thats what I call the high pitch grwols) like Blakkheim did on "Diabolical Masquerade-Death's Design". that fake soundtrack owns:headbang:

thx.

i'm still not sure why my growl sounds "whispery"; i know i'm using my diapragm because i sing with normal technique also and am used to that. but i still have this dry sound, anyone know why it might be? my voice is somewhat high, i tried growling lower and couldn't :erk: frustrating but hopefully i'll get it eventually

Mike-E said:
thx.

i'm still not sure why my growl sounds "whispery"; i know i'm using my diapragm because i sing with normal technique also and am used to that. but i still have this dry sound, anyone know why it might be? my voice is somewhat high, i tried growling lower and couldn't :erk: frustrating but hopefully i'll get it eventually

Like I said...try to growl really high...you'll make a special sound for yourself

I have a completely different problem. Well, I can growl, in fact, I'm a much better growler than Mike, and I dare say I'm even better than Scooby Doo, but I can't growl without my shoes. And recently, I just discovered that my shoes are fake. See the problem? Can someone help me with this?

No, I just want to be a real boy!

And seriously, can anyone help me with my shoes/growling situation?

MegaMoose said:
No, I just want to be a real boy!

And seriously, can anyone help me with my shoes/growling situation?

As for being a real boy...ask Jeppetto to cut a part of your nose and put it between your legs...at least you're gonna get a stiffy every time you lie,one more step to become a real boy is having an impressive erection.

As for the shoes/growling...there's a certain chemical weapon that get's into the body only through the skin on the bottom of your foot that makes you growl like Paul from November's Doom...I can get someone to spray it in your shoes the only problem is it also makes your skin melt and heart explode...minor side-effects for a descent growling voice:headbang:

paradoxile said:
As for being a real boy...ask Jeppetto to cut a part of your nose and put it between your legs...at least you're gonna get a stiffy every time you lie,one more step to become a real boy is having an impressive erection.
I'm surprised Pinnocchio never thought of that.

Ok fuck, my throat is a little sore, and I'm quite sure I'm using my gut, because I can only do the vocals while flexing my stomach muscles. My throat is feeling a little more tingling feeling, and is a little sore when I swallow saliva or drink anything.

By judging previous posts, this is not right.. How exactly is my throat meant to feel while the voice is being produced?

Iv'e read about lessons that a lot of screamers take in order to do vocals that wont fuck themselves up. I know there are definitely tricks to it. And also like someone said, the mics help alot.

I just saw that "Zen Of Screaming" DVD... It wasn't very helpful in the screaming part.. It's basically just a singing exercise thing.

Basically the 1 section on screaming was full of interviews of guys saying how good she is, and how the fact that this kind of DVD is 'teaching' people is a first...

More actual teaching, and less talk of how a breakthrough the DVD is would've been more of a breakthough... lol. :Spin:

affinityband said:
I do it gutterally. The power of the roar comes from my stomach. and the sort of warble sound like mikes i have comes from my throat. I can scream for ages without running out of breath and it doesnt hurt my voice at all.
Say there Affinity!!

How long can you roar for!?

Love you!!?