Arch Enemy

S<issors

wins.
Jan 16, 2007
(For those who aren't familiar, AE are a swedish melodic death band who've had a female lead singer for their past three albums.)

"Female Vocals" thread reminded me about these guys. Opinions?

Personally I hated Anthems (lame songs + angela's voice was practically monotone), enjoyed some moments of Wages of Sin, and thought Doomsday Machine was nice, esp. the voice effects on My Apocalypse.

So yeah, love em, hate em, think Angela's a gimmick/talented musician/goofy/whatever, post it up.

I like Arch Enemy alot. I prefer the stuff with Johan (fav album is Stigmata) but I still like Angela. Favorite Angela album is Wages of Sin.

I saw them also and i was really impressed. I mean fuck, i wish i could growl like that! She is the most known female growler, and i respect that. I enjoy their music alot also, especially Wages of Sin. But i mean when i saw her on stage she had so much charisma, she was really confident and she rocked the whole venue. And plus, she's hot.

gotta love those solos, I haven't heard alot of the old stuff, but I would assume the new stuff has better solos, Angela's voice is pretty good, as well as the solos, btw they seem to have alot of good solos and stuff

My favorite solos...

The Immortal
Burning Angel
Dead Eyes See no Future
Skeleton Dance
Nemesis
Ravenous

i think the whole kicking out liiva didnt really affected it. it really just sounded like they changed the writing entirely. I think if angela had done vocals on the earlier albums i dont think it wouldve made too much difference.

I guess i'm just a fan of Liiva's voice. He has that natural punchy aggression that's almost a bit 80's Death/Thrash. But yeah, music's changed as well. Even if they are super talented it doesn't really matter when they go for such generic and modern riffs already played by a gazillion bands