ARCH ENEMY

I remember I disliked the vocal processin when I first listened to Doomsday Machine, and I missed the 5150 days. Now I think it's one of the nicest mixes I have heard, the instrumental bridge in "My Apocalypse" the song blows me away every time.

I realize I never bought or listened to Khaos Legion. I'm gonna have to buy this one when I have the chance.

and your point is.........? Seriously, why even post that?

I'm pretty sure he posted some opinions about the band this thread is about. Seriously, why even post that?

@Djabthrash: stop kissing arse, it's pathetic.

I'm pretty sure he posted some opinions about the band this thread is about. Seriously, why even post that?

@empros : for how long have you been on this forum ? Saying you hate band X and nothing else on a thread that's supposed to be about the production of albums by band X produced by the guy who is at the core of this forum is plain stupid.

Agreeing and kissing arse is different by the way. I don't love every Andy's productions and all the bands he has produced, far from it. But i can learn from the ones i like and even the ones i dislike, which is what this forum is all about IMO.

The Arch Enemy bashing would have been ok in the "bar" section, but not in this one which is production-oriented, and not about if you like band X or not (i mean if you like the band and/or the production, feel free to say it, but if you don't like the band, shut the hell up in that particular thread).

The dude didn't troll or say he hated anything. Try READING before gobbling up what Andy Sneap says. To quote: "I disliked the vocal processin when I first listened to Doomsday Machine, and I missed the 5150 days. Now I think it's one of the nicest mixes I have heard" - Yeah, that totally deserved a put down, smart arse reply by one of the leaders of this site. Really inspiring.

The dude didn't troll or say he hated anything. Try READING before gobbling up what Andy Sneap says. To quote: "I disliked the vocal processin when I first listened to Doomsday Machine, and I missed the 5150 days. Now I think it's one of the nicest mixes I have heard" - Yeah, that totally deserved a put down, smart arse reply by one of the leaders of this site. Really inspiring.

sorry but you're the wrong one here, but rereading the last posts i understand why now :)

you missed the post where some guy bashed Arch Enemy and said nothing about the production, and that post seems to have been edited or even cut off since

i still have it in my mailbox, i just put it here so you know and maybe think twice and check your facts beforehand before jumping ship next time :

"(from user searanox)
I hate Arch Enemy, but I guess that's because I also hate generic melodeath. After Slaughter of the Soul, I don't think I've heard an original sound out of that entire scene."

Andy's reply referred to that guy's post, not to the post you're referring to (LeSedna's) which was totally legit.

It would have been funnier if LeSedna's post was something along the lines of "I love Andy's work, especially this thing in his production blablabla", and then "Andy Sneap : "your point being ?"" :)

WRONG! perhaps you should have read..the post Djab was talking about has now been deleted by searanox...it was just about how he hates AE and melodeath in general...not related to anything relevant

not welcome on the Sneap forum -> access denied...how's that for kissing arse?
oh, nvmd, forgot you can't reply anymore

not welcome on the Sneap forum -> access denied...how's that for kissing arse?
oh, nvmd, forgot you can't reply anymore

hahaha burned!

im sure it has been mentioned here before but the lead tone on the live dvd is epic... did andy mix that as well? are they still using those randall sig heads live or something else?

hahaha burned!

im sure it has been mentioned here before but the lead tone on the live dvd is epic... did andy mix that as well? are they still using those randall sig heads live or something else?

When I played the same stage as them in bulgaria last year mike was using a digitech 19" preamp with a tubescreamer and marshall jcm heads as poweramps. Chris was using some kind of pedal into a marshall and sharlee was using a rat into an ampeg. But i guess that is their fly-in rigs.