DESPISED ICON

DESPISED ICON????
andy sneap?
when,where and what)
really didnt expected that...

have an question about guitars to Andy Sneap - are they quad tracked or double tracked?

thanks for the answer!

and the last question)
are they re-amped?
and what amp/amps is it...

Mix is great! Song wasn't great in comparison to other stuff by them (IMO) but I bet they're just pushing the most -core song to get new fans.

Is it me or do the guitars sound really chopped up, like unnatural? It happens a lot at the end when the rhythm guitars are stopping and it's like the track was trimmed too tight. I get what it's supposed to be doing but it just doesn't sound right to me. Maybe I'm crazyo_O

gaps have been edited real tight, but they were going for a super tight approach, thats what I was given. I don't mind it personally, just adds to the whole impact, theres only 2 tracks of gtr by the way, JSX.

JSX uh? I never would have guessed! If you get the time, Andy, could you maybe share your experiance with it? Say, did you find that you had to do something "unique" with the tracks in post with EQ to have them sit right? Did you find that they prefer a particular character of guitar tone? Did that JSX have EL34's or 6L6's in it? Did you have the pre tubes swapped out for a cleaner set?
Any tips in general would be most greatly appreciated.
I know what experiance I;ve had with mine, but I'm sure you've had more of a chance to try different players and combinations of gear with it.

the track on myspace sounds really good, but I can't wait to hear it without the shitty myspace compression. I really like the overall feel of the track the way its mixed and all. The song is pretty cool but I'm sure there will be better ones on the album. Nice work Andy!

Jordan

JSX uh? I never would have guessed! If you get the time, Andy, could you maybe share your experiance with it? Say, did you find that you had to do something "unique" with the tracks in post with EQ to have them sit right? Did you find that they prefer a particular character of guitar tone? Did that JSX have EL34's or 6L6's in it? Did you have the pre tubes swapped out for a cleaner set?
Any tips in general would be most greatly appreciated.
I know what experiance I;ve had with mine, but I'm sure you've had more of a chance to try different players and combinations of gear with it.

If i'm not mistaken the band didn't track with Andy, he just mixed and mastered it. In most of their pics on their myspace it looks as though the band tracked this themselves. But there still is a chance Andy would know the answer to your questions, just thought I'd point that out.