CHIMAIRA

Same here. I think because it's so raw, it makes it sound... industrial, almost? I don't know. There's just so much attack and harshness in everything, even the electronic stuff. The kick click takes your face off, the 5150II tone is just menacing, and bring it all together to form one giant slap round the gob!

The snare sample on that album is baffling though don't you think? It's almost like... WAY too stereo :lol: It's really dry, yet wide. Works perfectly though. I'm sure that was a Richardson addition during the mixing stage!

The new drummer played for Bleed the Sky and the Elite (a side project of Chimaira's Rob Arnold).

Yep, my buddy Austin! So stoked for him. He's sick as shit, can't wait for him to lay down his style on the older tracks. I can't believe how a small side-project like The Elite turned into him joining Chimaira. I remember him showing me the demos of that shit! Haha.

No, the guy from Daath playing bass for Chimaira is Emil Werstler...He plays guitar (REALLY WELL) for Daath. The new sample/synth guy for Chimaira is the vocalist from Daath. The new drummer played for Bleed the Sky and the Elite (a side project of Chimaira's Rob Arnold).

Their producer, Ben Schigel, played drums on the new album, though...Or, rather "handled the drums in the studio" according to the band.

http://www.theprp.com/2011/04/14/news/chimaira-reveal-new-lineup/

Emil is playing bass for them now?! :yow: i'm big on Chimaira anyway, but i'm all over this next album now. can you pre-order yet? :lol:

On Resurrection, song number 4 titled "Six" when the guitars are solo'd on the Right at around 3:33 is that 'verb or some "room" to give such a large sound?

Loved that guitar sound since I got the CD. I have worn out the "making-of" DVD also.

Damn you Sneap, you're a genius. :kickass:

On Resurrection, song number 4 titled "Six" when the guitars are solo'd on the Right at around 3:33 is that 'verb or some "room" to give such a large sound?

You're hearing the guitar panned in slightly, the resonance from the bass drop on the downbeat, and then a light sample coming in on the center just before the left guitar starts playing.

This very same section reminds me how fucked up the master is :(

Agreed. :( crackle crackle crackle crackle crackle shzziziziz crackle crackle crackle. Really unacceptable from such a 'big name' ME, IMO.