CHIMAIRA

I only heard Chimaira for the first time yesterday. I got Resurrection and The Infection
I have been missing out, holy fuck. These albums are so fucking awesome, both amazing productions.

holy smoke!

just got it yesterday and it's really fucking awesome!!!!!!!!

seriously, i'm starting to question if it's bands become popular because theyr'e freakin awesome or if andy just makes them that way.
fucking awesome production! perfect sound! everything!

Good song writing is good song writing. Chimaira have monster riffs, and insanely groovy hooks. They would have been huge regardless, but people like Sneap, Richardson, Zeuss etc just take this shit and present it in a light that is incredibly pleasing on the ear. I'm not 100% sure that effects the band's success/popularity though, but I guess it helps. I suppose it's like having an amazing story, you just need someone help you word it so it's more readable. Metaphors ftw!

I knew he sucked, but I didn't think they muted him? You can hear it, quite clearly? :confused:

They've always taken the piss out of him for being a useless dick but surely in the 6 years they've been a "big" band you'd think he would have got a little better :lol:

Not muted (I hope) but it was very very low in the PA....he didn't use amp+cab on stage but only a little sansamp pedal (also if an Ampeg rig was always in the back).
You can also notice how much he sucks in the "making of" of the last album (during the accellerated parts): he played 2 notes and the rest was played by the producer and by Rob

well now they have the bassist from Daath (and everyone from Daath?) playing for them, whom I've heard is a really talented guy, but I've never really heard Daath so I wouldn't know

No, the guy from Daath playing bass for Chimaira is Emil Werstler...He plays guitar (REALLY WELL) for Daath. The new sample/synth guy for Chimaira is the vocalist from Daath. The new drummer played for Bleed the Sky and the Elite (a side project of Chimaira's Rob Arnold).

Their producer, Ben Schigel, played drums on the new album, though...Or, rather "handled the drums in the studio" according to the band.

http://www.theprp.com/2011/04/14/news/chimaira-reveal-new-lineup/

Started to get less & less live drums as times gone on it seems, the last album Andols used a Roland kick pad which was then sampled with Kick5 :(

Serious? Sounds nothing like Kick5 :confused:
I actually prefer Impossibility of Reason's production over any other of theirs (besides maybe the self-titled). it sounds super triggered/sampled/undynamic but it sounds like it's SUPPOSED to be that way, and it really fits the aggressive nature of it. The more 'acoustic' that band has got the less I've liked their overall sound. Needs to go back to being all about the attack and ugliness!