DEVIL DRIVER

I forget where I read it but Dual or Triple Recs. They get some cool tones but not my favorite.

That's a great sounding album. Every instrument really sits in it's own space in the mix. You can almost see where one instrument stops and another starts. Amazing.

I use a 6505+ and I just wouldn't have guessed 5150/6505 for those tones. After seeing sooo many pics of this band using Mesa live (I've never seen or heard of them using anything other than Rectos), I guess those images make me think Mesa when I listen to their albums.

Peavey should release a new head which basically combines all these amps. An immense clean sound with the most devestation filthy distortion being a Triple rect with the 5150. They would sell like hot cakes.
Does the 5150 even have a clean channel?

Everybody seems to say that the JSX dosent have as much gain as the XXX or the 5150 :err:

it doesnt really, defo not as much as the xxx

but the 'devestation' doesnt come from the amount of gain, i wouldn't put the gain past 7 of a JSX. There's plenty to it. Less gain gives you a lil more attack and if you pick nice and hard it'll sound more crushing than having ur gain on 10

:headbang: