MEGADETH

I took a listen to Endgame last week and i must say that this is the best sneap mix i've heard. everything sounds so amazing. The only negative thing i could say is is that it is kind of boring to hear the same sneap snare over and over again, i wish andy would get out of his comfort zone on this. But anyways.. just wow.

Great work Andy!!!

I agree that this mix is perfection, and I still maintain the songs are really top notch. Ive been listening to this at least a couple of times a month since it came out. I think the snare is awesome, its actually a little more meaty or woody sounding than what was on United Abominations or Last Kind Words in my opinion. I would agree Andy does tend to have pretty similar sounding snares from album to album but I dont see any reason for him to change his approach, they sound awesome.
Sucks that he didnt do Thirteen, the mix is a bit lackluster and I suspect the performances could have improved from his criticisms. Some of the songs just go on and on too.

Hi guys, Dave Ellefson said that Johnny K will produce next Megadeth album because he did an excellent work with Thirteen. I listened that a few days ago, in a local radio interview (Megadeth was in Argentina last week). I think Endgame is their best sounding album, Andy's work there is awesome. I really like Thirteen, but I prefer Johnny K production on Disturbed albums.

I understand Guns, Drugs & Money is about mexican gangs, but I get the point, Dave used to be more complex writing lyrics.

Yeah I mean, I'm sure the song is about something, but it's such a lame, uncreative title that hearing him sing that in the chorus just makes me feel like he was playing little toy soldiers when he came up with that.

Have you guys heard the newest Megadeth. Super Collider.

It's a goddamn abomination. End Game is still the best damn Post Youthanasia Megadeth album bar none. IMO.

Put andy at the helm, and Megadeth return with their two most thrash metal albums in years (United Abominations and End Game)... then Andy doesn't get tapped for the job for 13 and Super Collider and what do you get? The worst Megadeth albums in years. Hahaha.

Andy, please beg Dave to hire you back. Rather, Dave should be begging YOU after the reviews for SC.

Andy, please beg Dave to hire you back. Rather, Dave should be begging YOU after the reviews for SC.

Why would Sneap have to/wanna beg?
AFAIK it was Andy who simply didn't have the time to do it, and not Dave not wanting to hire him.

But yeah, most reviews are pointing it out, too

"*Bonus Rant: After the atrocious production that hindered “Th1rt3en”, you would have thought that MEGADETH would have dropped Johnny K to the damn curb. Unfortunately, he’s back for “Super Collider” to muddle another record. All the leads and solos are pushed to the back while the vocals and drums devour the rest. Sigh. Seriously, Megadave? Go get Andy Sneap again."
- metal-observer

Im not much of a Megadeth fan but i love Endgame. Amazing tones and great songwriting. Do you think Andy had anything to do with the good songwriting in Endgame? I really dont see Dave as a very open to suggestons kind of guy

Why would Sneap have to/wanna beg?
AFAIK it was Andy who simply didn't have the time to do it, and not Dave not wanting to hire him.

But yeah, most reviews are pointing it out, too

"*Bonus Rant: After the atrocious production that hindered “Th1rt3en”, you would have thought that MEGADETH would have dropped Johnny K to the damn curb. Unfortunately, he’s back for “Super Collider” to muddle another record. All the leads and solos are pushed to the back while the vocals and drums devour the rest. Sigh. Seriously, Megadave? Go get Andy Sneap again."
- metal-observer

'twas a joke my good chap. haha