MEGADETH

Don't get it either, one of the most gorgeous-sounding metal albums ever with drums replaced to shit for a music video? :/ Makes no sense.

Pretty lame, and not just the drums... Actually this is my favorite song on the record and I feel it's been butchered... A shame... well, who listens to music on youtube anyway? :)

tbh, its not really the sound that bugs me, more the edits and I feel that is more to do with Dave than Neal Avron who remixed it. Whatever, not my doing and I asked the label to make sure I wasn't associated with this as I too don't see the reason or logic behind this. But, at the end of the day, its Daves stuff so he calls the shots.

Personally I love how the album came out production wise, some of the music itself is very impressive but Dave's song writing ability (lyrically)to me has suffered.

I like the tones of this album but it is too compressed and maximized.

It seems that every metal album is falling for the loudness war these days.

The drums on this album just amaze me more and more. So natural, yet so punchy. You haven't got the feeling you're listening to a compressed to hell drumkit, just a natural drumkit that perfectly fits in the mix.

And the new radio mix actually sucks ass, but that's probally something Dave would've wanted. Hopefully the next Megadeth will again be Andy and this "remix" failure doesn't ruin any possibility of that. I've enjoyed the last 2 albums of Megadeth finally again since a long time..

There was a little post on Metalsucks today about some youtube guy putting up stems from various hard rock songs online, and looky here - - a drum stem from United Abominations.

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh, its not really the sound that bugs me, more the edits and I feel that is more to do with Dave than Neal Avron who remixed it. Whatever, not my doing and I asked the label to make sure I wasn't associated with this as I too don't see the reason or logic behind this. But, at the end of the day, its Daves stuff so he calls the shots.

So sorry this happened Andy ... I hate fucking lables!

I dug up "The System Has Failed" today. Not the best one but there are good songs tho. Does someone know things about the drum processing on this album? Sounds like there's no replacement