STAMPIN' GROUND

Brett - K A L I S I A

Dreaded Moderator
Feb 26, 2004
France
www.towerstudio.net
Please post all questions, comments & anything related to this artist here.

New Darkness Upon Us

stampin_darkness.jpg

I own the CD, and I only bought the CD for the production.

Could anyone please advise as to what amps were used? A video of theirs featured 5150s in the background, but I believe I read somewhere that Mesa Rectifiers were blended in as well. If someone could clarify, that would be splendid.

I'm also curious as to how much trigger blending and hit replacements are going on. The drums sound very good... too good, almost like triggers were blended in with all the heads, not just the kicks :lol:

Thank you.

The production is killer, but am I the only one who thinks this could be the dumbest band name ever?

"Whatsup, we're Stampin' Ground."

Why would you feel cool announcing that on stage? I think I'm going to name a band "Well-plowed Field" and see if there's some sort of magic to it!

I would do anything to be able to get this guitar tone seriously, blowing my mind. Makes me want to get a Marshall V30 cab but there's no way that I can't get a good sound with the 5150, Single Recto and Mesa cab that I have now... Ugh I want to be Sneap.

Played a gig with ex-Stampin Ground guys Romeo Must Die last week. Their live tone was pretty good for a shitty small venue. These days, the guitarists are using 6505's into Mesa cabs, and I think they both had a rack of goodies.

So Scott Atkins messaged me back with the guitar details on that album...

"peavey xxx straight in, marshall green back 25's vintage cab
fernandes flying V EMG 81 "

So XXX, no tube screamer and greenbacks... Definitely out of the ordinary for Andy!

This album slaaays! Production rules. Guitar tone's amazing

Bear The Scars riff is a classic soundcheck riff. When we were recording with Scott I got him to show me that riff but I swear he showed me it wrong haha.

It's a shame they split cus I think the next album would've been even more awesome!